Has everyone have this GHOST sound when updating firmware!!!
1019 7 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

I decide to update the fiirmware today, and it happend something I never expect and never saw on the forum neither. the very loud D--D--D--D not the normal small noise D-D-D-D  (watch the video)happed during updating.then I link to my RC to see what's in the information status, it gives me list of errors. so weird, I double check everything again, and re upgrade one more time, the loud D--D--D--D still going, but I insist to wait about 20 mins, it stopped and everything going back to normal upgrading sound, and finally change to small noise to D-DDD. so I checked the tx file, it says upgrade success. I wonder has anyone get this wired experience before? I upgrade RC in 5 mins. I have not check the status when I am posing this thread, I will follow up with it though. I feels like my Bird got serious hardware problem when I hear the wird loud D sound, remember it got crashed before, I sent back to DJI and it got fixed.

IMG_4323.PNG
IMG_4323.PNG
2015-5-15
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

All my updates has been succesfull so far and I never heard that sound ...
2015-5-16
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Nope, never heard anything like that from my Inspire during an update.   Sounds kind of pained.
2015-5-16
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

Any DJI people here can explain what's going on here?
2015-5-16
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

That's news to me as well - all my updates have gone on more or less without a hitch.
2015-5-16
Use props
freddiebd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891184 ft
United Kingdom

thats just the ultrasonic sound...
2015-5-16
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

freddiebd@iclou Posted at 2015-5-17 14:38
thats just the ultrasonic sound...

Not the overtones, what does it mean when it just slow-beeps like that?
2015-5-16
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

That sounded like the on-board speaker was relaying RF interference from an unsuppressed ignition system on an engine. The slow regular beep sounded like an error warning.
2015-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules