Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latest DJI GO4 app on MA - Adventure unfolds
923 6 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I'm not a big fan of QuickShots on MA, in fact yesterday I tried one (rocket), and, at the end the aircraft turned quite unstable, with the camera/gimbal making uncontrolled movements, like trying to shot a pano too (although I didn't asked for any...).
I run the latest firmware on MA as well on DJIGO4 Android app.
The footage recorded on the micro SD card is this one :

Surprisingly, on this footage the strange, uncontrolled motions of the gimbal-camera at the end of the ``rocket`` do no appear.
But it does appear on the same action recorded as videocache on my DJI Record file on the smartphone:

Both videos are unedited, original length for each.Please note, the speed and apparent starting point seem not to be the same, despite of being a single command, one press shot action...

It is the first time ever since i fly DJI drones, when I discover the SD footage (file) is different from the same video stored on the videocache file (...another bug ???...)

Since at the final of the quickshot the aircraft turned to be have a quite unpredictable behaviour, I landed it manually, the soonest possible.
The area I was flying was free of any electrical interferences or radio/magnetic signals, etc. (open sea, at around 10 km from the shore, no other vessels in the area).

Unfortunately, the last firmware versions, in the case of my Mavic Air meant more unstable flights, it seems the AC struggles more to keep its position (GPS seems to be quite rough...) and, yesterday's adventure, made me think that perhaps is time to ground it until a better, safer, FW will become available.

2018-6-18
Use props
tiagosaraivacg.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24042 ft
Portugal

the way your MA is moving, is like shooting a "asteroid"... rocket it would just fly upwards, with camera pointing down. asteroid does exactly what is doing in your video...when using asteroid after reaching max altitude it will shoot a pano and then stich all together.
Maybe you misclicked? could happen!

2018-6-18
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

tiagosaraivacg. Posted at 2018-6-18 06:57
the way your MA is moving, is like shooting a "asteroid"... rocket it would just fly upwards, with camera pointing down. asteroid does exactly what is doing in your video...when using asteroid after reaching max altitude it will shoot a pano and then stich all together.
Maybe you misclicked?  could happen!

I was choosing rocket...The aircraft was at 5-8 meters horizontal distance from the boat and around 5 meters height (let's say a 45º angle when starting - I mean when choosing ...rocket).

2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there. We apologize if you're having some issues with your drone right now. Did you try to reinstall the app? What model of the mobile device are you using? Is the firmware updated?
2018-6-18
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-18 07:48
Hi there. We apologize if you're having some issues with your drone right now. Did you try to reinstall the app? What model of the mobile device are you using? Is the firmware updated?

Hi Wanda, I didn't try to reinstall the app, I'll do it, though I think if, when installing it once I had a bug, reinstalling does not make me feel more comfy nor sure no other bugs will appear.
Anyway, I'll try to reinstall it and do some more test flights with the same quickshot function and see how it works.
The MA firmware is/was updated to the last version too.
The phone is an Android 6, not on your supported list devices, but this should be no excuse for DJI, as I had no issue with the previous versions on the same phone...
2018-6-18
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

15matjan Posted at 2018-6-18 10:24
Hi Wanda, I didn't try to reinstall the app, I'll do it, though I think if, when installing it once I had a bug, reinstalling does not make me feel more comfy nor sure no other bugs will appear.
Anyway, I'll try to reinstall it and do some more test flights with the same quickshot function and see how it works.
The MA firmware is/was updated to the last version too.

It might do not harm if you refresh your firmware on the Macic Air as well. It might well be that you did the last firmware update via GO 4, before the new Android App version was available.
2018-6-18
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

That is definitely asteroid. You may have chosen rocket, but that's not what it thought.
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules