976 13 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neil IOM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69144 ft
Isle of Man

Hi, I need help/advise on two possible issues with my Mavic pro

I have had a Mavic pro coming up to a year now (On my second as the firs Mavic developed a gimble fault after about 12 weeks) however, I dont know what it is but I have not really jelled with this second Mavic like I did with the first. After recieving the replacement Mavic I set it up exactly the same as the first but only managed to use it a couple of times before the weather started to change where I live. Initially when I took some footage I noticed the video didnt seem to have the same crispness as my first Mavic, but put this down to lighting conditions or possible a setting I had not got quite wright. I was also taking it out to make sure everything was working ok being new, so wasnt really out for the photography side.

I really have'nt used this new Mavic much ( battery is only on charge number 5 ) until recently as the weather has been great, but im convinced the camera is not quite bob on, especially in one place. I wont say where as I want to see and get other peoples opinions on the images,  i'm hopeing there are people here in the know more than me.

My second issue came about a couple of days ago and it's got me a little worried as its coming up to a year of original purchase and if there is a issue, I need to get it back to DJI or I know im going to have an expensive drone gathering dust all summer because I can't afford the repaire bill. Basically I had the Mavic out trying a few different camera setting's and some of the other fetures I have'nt used before, one of which was the fixed wing mode. I had put it into the fixed wing mode then about a minuet later the gimbal started to go off and just randamly shake. It was totaly un-responsive and I had to fly it back where it wouldnt stop shaking until I turned the drone off, no warnings had come up at this point to say there was an issue. I inspected the gimple and it was clean and free moving so I turned the drone on again, took off and within 15 seconds the same thing happened again still with no fault warnings. I reset the Mavic again, took off, flew round for 2-3 minuets and all was fine all be it a little concerned.

The same day litrally 3 houres later i came across an intresting camp sight so up she went again, diffrent battery and within 1 minuet of flight the gimble shook a little and went unresponsive, again no fault warnings but this time the gimble became still but off centre. Brought back down reset the Mavic then flew it round for 15 minuets without an issue.

I have just done a firmware upgrade and re-calibrated everything so hopefully give it all another test, but seriously worried about the gimble unit and the possible camera quality, so if anyone can give me feedback on both these issues it would be greatly appreiciated

Thanks

2018-6-18
Use props
Neil IOM
lvl.1
Isle of Man

2018-6-18
Use props
Neil IOM
lvl.1
Isle of Man

2018-6-18
Use props
Neil IOM
lvl.1
Isle of Man

2018-6-18
Use props
Neil IOM
lvl.1
Isle of Man

2018-6-18
Use props
Neil IOM
lvl.1
Isle of Man

2018-6-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bottom 3 look good to my untrained eye but the images on the top two are a little less defined on the right hand side of the frames. If you are concerned that I suggest getting it shipped back before the 12 month warranty expires - after that you'll have to pay.
2018-6-18
Use props
Neil IOM
lvl.1
Isle of Man

A CW Posted at 2018-6-18 07:29
Bottom 3 look good to my untrained eye but the images on the top two are a little less defined on the right hand side of the frames. If you are concerned that I suggest getting it shipped back before the 12 month warranty expires - after that you'll have to pay.

Thanks for your input
2018-6-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No worries - hope you get it sorted soon
2018-6-18
Use props
Neil IOM
lvl.1
Isle of Man

Just included this picture to! Most of the image is good just on area to me is out. Do DJI admin/tech people come on here or does anyone know if I can send some images to them for there opinion, I'm happy to send drone back if i know theres a good chance of a problem and not just me being paranoid

Thanks

2018-6-18
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

FYI

gimbal

Pronunciation
    IPA(key): /ˈdʒɪmbəl/, /ˈɡɪmbəl/
    Rhymes: -ɪmbəl

Noun gimbal (plural gimbals)

A device for suspending something, such as a ship's compass, so that it will remain level when its support is tipped.

gimble
Verb gimble (third-person singular simple present gimbles, present participle gimbling, simple past and past participle gimbled)

to grimace
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we regret to hear that you are having issues with your camera of your Mavic Pro, may i just ask what is your ISO settings when you took the shot? May i also ask what is your white balance and your mobile device you are using to run the app.
2018-6-18
Use props
Neil IOM
lvl.1
Isle of Man

Ok, I can't spell and I bet I you don't have many (if any) friends. Thanks for not being in any way helpful weirdo !!
2018-6-18
Use props
Neil IOM
lvl.1
Isle of Man

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-18 13:00
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we regret to hear that you are having issues with your camera of your Mavic Pro, may i just ask what is your ISO settings when you took the shot? May i also ask what is your white balance and your mobile device you are using to run the app.

Hi, thanks for taking a look. The images where taken on two different days with the sun behind, the ISO is generally around 120 - 160 and the white balance is set to auto. I'm still learning so also use the Histogram to help with the exposures. I know the images could be set better I just find that on the whole the image is pretty clear but my eye keeps getting drawn to one side where it looks a bit blurry compared to the rest of the image. Thanks
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules