P4P 2.0 out of focus
1831 14 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UZ07584ef4Vm
lvl.1
United States

I had the 2.0 a week and the first few flights were razor sharp. Now the camera won't focus and the images are blurry. AF assist is on; when I tap the screen for the foucs point, the frame moves and the frame amplifies the view, but the box turns red with no focus change. Manual focus slider does not change the focus. The lens seem focused at about 1.5-2 meters, but won't change for distant objects.

Mike
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience that you're having. Is the firmware updated? Did you reset the camera settings?
2018-6-18
Use props
djiuser_UZ07584ef4Vm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-18 09:26
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience that you're having. Is the firmware updated? Did you reset the camera settings?

I did try to rest all camera settings; didn't work, same problem. I downloaded Assist 2 for the 2.0, but it will not load any firmware. It just says to "retry." Of course, I hit the retry button several times, but no change.

By the way, this is my third Phantom (3S, 4A), so I am familiar with the logistics.

I was able to calibrate the sensors and gimbal.

thanks, Mike
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_UZ07584ef4Vm Posted at 2018-6-18 09:32
I did try to rest all camera settings; didn't work, same problem. I downloaded Assist 2 for the 2.0, but it will not load any firmware. It just says to "retry." Of course, I hit the retry button several times, but no change.

By the way, this is my third Phantom (3S, 4A), so I am familiar with the logistics.

I see. Is the DJI Assistant 2 that you have is the one for Phantom 4 pro v2.0? If so, did you try to restart the computer first then connect it again to the software?
2018-6-18
Use props
djiuser_UZ07584ef4Vm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-18 09:37
I see. Is the DJI Assistant 2 that you have is the one for Phantom 4 pro v2.0? If so, did you try to restart the computer first then connect it again to the software?

Thanks for your quick relies! The Assist is for the 2.0; the program does recognize the drone as 2.0. I can try to connect again and reset and get back to you.

I use the drone for real estate videos (I am licensed), so I need those sharp images.

Mike
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_UZ07584ef4Vm Posted at 2018-6-18 09:42
Thanks for your quick relies! The Assist is for the 2.0; the program does recognize the drone as 2.0. I can try to connect again and reset and get back to you.

I use the drone for real estate videos (I am licensed), so I need those sharp images.

I understand. Please let us know what will happen so that we can isolate the issue and think of possible solutions. Thank you as well for the cooperation and patience.
2018-6-18
Use props
djiuser_UZ07584ef4Vm
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_UZ07584ef4Vm Posted at 2018-6-18 09:42

The firmware version from the Go4 app shows 1.00.1000. No response from the Assist; it doesn't show any version. Is that the latest?

I can send before and after pictures from last Thursday and this morning, if that helps.

Mike
2018-6-18
Use props
djiuser_UZ07584ef4Vm
lvl.1
United States

2018-6-18
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_UZ07584ef4Vm Posted at 2018-6-18 09:57
The firmware version from the Go4 app shows 1.00.1000. No response from the Assist; it doesn't show any version. Is that the latest?

I can send before and after pictures from last Thursday and this morning, if that helps.

Assistant 2 for Phantom, will not show any firmware.  DJI's pat answer on this is that since only the base firmware is out there, the app will not show anything.  (I don't agree with this logic, the base should still show).

I am also surprised that DJI on this post is asking if the firmware was current, as there is only the original firmware available.  So there is no other firmware to have.  

Back to the camera issues.

If you have reset the camera and re calibrated the gimbal and images are still out of focus not sure what else there is to check.  You might try setting up the drone about 15 to 20 feet away from a wall, brick is best and just see if it can focus on that.  You also might try manual focus, I realize it's not an easy process in flight, but just a thought.    The fact that the camera was working at first does seem to imply that the drone may need to go back to DJI repair.

Paul Caldwell
2018-6-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

paul2660 Posted at 2018-6-18 18:29
Assistant 2 for Phantom, will not show any firmware.  DJI's pat answer on this is that since only the base firmware is out there, the app will not show anything.  (I don't agree with this logic, the base should still show).

I am also surprised that DJI on this post is asking if the firmware was current, as there is only the original firmware available.  So there is no other firmware to have.  

As you have only have the aircraft a week, return it for exchange. There is no reason to put up with this issue when you have a warranty working for you. But, do it as soon as possible.
2018-6-18
Use props
djiuser_UZ07584ef4Vm
lvl.1
United States

I just got an RMA to return the drone. I wish there was any alternative to DJI, but they are the only game in town. I'll buy another 2.0 and try again .  Maybe the only thing DJI will understand is if they keep getting their Bata units back.
2018-6-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

You're in that lucky situation that the v2.0 is so new that they possibly don't have any refurb's yet to throw your way ...
... but at the rate we hear about them being sent back just here it can't take long before it's being the result for others.
2018-6-19
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

I sent 2 back my self and now may be sending back a third.
2018-6-19
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

What happened with the 3rd replacement. Compass error?  

Hope the get it right soon.

Paul C
2018-6-19
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

paul2660 Posted at 2018-6-19 14:25
What happened with the 3rd replacement. Compass error?  

Hope the get it right soon.

This one does not have the constant compass errors and app warnings like the first 2 did.  That is great!

This one (and the last 2 also after I went back and studied the DAT file logs) has the slow yaw rotation in hover similar to the issue many others and I are having with the Mavic Air.  This rotation speed and the direction it rotates depends on what magnetic heading the drone is stopped at last by the pilot.

The logs tell the story plain as day.

The USA Based DJI support employee I have been communicating with about it claims that this is a known bug in several DJI models including the Mavic Air, The P4P 2.0, and the even the M210 and possibly others.  He stated that a fix has been in testing on the M210 and that the results were very promising and he expected the fix to be ported to the other affected units soon.
Since I have to drive 110 miles round trip to exchange units and I am sure the Best Buy dealer thinks I am laundering drones by now, I think I am going to wait and see what happens with the firmware updates.  If that is nothing, I will send it in for a look over.

2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules