Power a iphone how?
885 10 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave_bass5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI seem to make a big deal of the fact that the Osmo 2 will also power the phone, but how on earth can it power a phone like an iPhone, were the charging port is at the bottom?

Just wondering.
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for bringing your query here in DJI, it’s possible to charge your phone using the port at the back of the hand-held, we do have a tutorial for this kind of concern. Please see the video below so that you can check on how you’ll charge your phone with Osmo mobile 2.
2018-6-18
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Lol, i know where the port on the Osmo is, but how can you power and use a phone in the Osmo at the same time? Seems to be a bit of artistic licence in the description for this device.
2018-6-18
Use props
Skewif
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Only way I have found is a 90 Deg connector and a power bank. Go app is ridiculously power hungry, the bigger the power bank the better.
2018-6-18
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

Dave_bass5 Posted at 2018-6-18 11:23
Lol, i know where the port on the Osmo is, but how can you power and use a phone in the Osmo at the same time? Seems to be a bit of artistic licence in the description for this device.

You can't charge your phone AND use the OM2 at the same time.
You will need a seperate battery charger for that.  
2018-6-18
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Skewif Posted at 2018-6-18 16:17
Only way I have found is a 90 Deg connector and a power bank. Go app is ridiculously power hungry, the bigger the power bank the better.[view_image]

I use that one works perfectly while using the Osmo at the same time, my cable is dark gray however I think it´s the 4K recording that is rediculously power hungry - try without the OSMO and you will see.
2018-6-19
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

Swedrone Posted at 2018-6-19 04:26
I use that one works perfectly while using the Osmo at the same time, my cable is dark gray however I think it´s the 4K recording that is rediculously power hungry - try without the OSMO and you will see.

"...I think it´s the 4K recording that is rediculously power hungry - try without the OSMO and you will see.
"
What do you mean by this??
2018-6-19
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Mars5150 Posted at 2018-6-19 06:38
"...I think it´s the 4K recording that is rediculously power hungry - try without the OSMO and you will see.
"
What do you mean by this??

It´s not the Go app that drains your battery. Check the power statistics on your phone
2018-6-19
Use props
Magelis
lvl.1
Lithuania

I just put the phone a bit to left and put the cable and use it with cable connected.
2018-6-19
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

kbm79 Posted at 2018-6-18 22:28
You can't charge your phone AND use the OM2 at the same time.
You will need a seperate battery charger for that.

I do it all the time... Plug the phone into the OSMO USB port and go.
2018-6-19
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Dave_bass5 Posted at 2018-6-18 11:23
Lol, i know where the port on the Osmo is, but how can you power and use a phone in the Osmo at the same time? Seems to be a bit of artistic licence in the description for this device.

Buy a right angle lightning cable and just mount the phone a little to the left to make room for it then re-balance the osmo.
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules