10298 11 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
magnetico
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8641188 ft
  • >>>
Guatemala

has anyone experience an error when inserting a battery (turned off) into the drone...it automatically turns the drone on.  the gimbal starts heating up and the leds of the battery still off.  it feels like the battery is over charged, but i know this is not possible.
how to fix a battery like this?
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with your battery, may we know when was the last update you performed on your aircraft?  
2018-6-18
Use props
magnetico
lvl.1
  • >>>
Guatemala

its up to date...its only 1 out of 4 batteries though, and its not a new battery.
at first i thought the "on" button was being pressed due to some dirt or something, but everything is fine.  its just when inserting this one battery that the drone turns on automatically and the gimbal goes crazy, like trembling and red leds turn on.  i have owned 5 different aircrafts (and maybe more than 20 batteries), and this is a first.  i am trying to drain the battery and see if that helps.  any tips??
2018-6-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Better chunk it.
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

magnetico Posted at 2018-6-18 12:39
its up to date...its only 1 out of 4 batteries though, and its not a new battery.
at first i thought the "on" button was being pressed due to some dirt or something, but everything is fine.  its just when inserting this one battery that the drone turns on automatically and the gimbal goes crazy, like trembling and red leds turn on.  i have owned 5 different aircrafts (and maybe more than 20 batteries), and this is a first.  i am trying to drain the battery and see if that helps.  any tips??

Just to verify, does the issue only appear in one battery? Is there any chance change to another working battery to confirm?
2018-6-19
Use props
magnetico
lvl.1
  • >>>
Guatemala

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-19 03:17
Just to verify, does the issue only appear in one battery? Is there any chance change to another working battery to confirm?

yes, only this ONE battery.  the other 3 arent showing any error at all.  i will upload a video of the error. thanks!
2018-6-19
Use props
magnetico
lvl.1
  • >>>
Guatemala

here...
a video showing/explaining what is going on.
any help is more than welcome!! thanks.

2018-6-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That's a weird one.  Is it updated the same as others?
2018-6-19
Use props
magnetico
lvl.1
  • >>>
Guatemala

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-6-19 15:45
That's a weird one.  Is it updated the same as others?

yep. updated and all.
i just went crazy out of nowhere.
2018-6-19
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

There's gotta be some shorting inside. You could try removing the two screws holding the top in place and see if anything is looking obvious or comes out when upside down.
It could be interesting to see the battery info when it does it, just wouldn't like to have it doing that thing long enough to get the info.

I wouldn't use it at all as long it behave like that, only thing i can suggest beside looking inside would be a refresh of the FW with that battery mounted but even that is risky.
2018-6-19
Use props
magnetico
lvl.1
  • >>>
Guatemala

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-19 22:58
There's gotta be some shorting inside. You could try removing the two screws holding the top in place and see if anything is looking obvious or comes out when upside down.
It could be interesting to see the battery info when it does it, just wouldn't like to have it doing that thing long enough to get the info.

yeah...looking at the info while giving the error, is way too risky!! dont want to damage the gimbal or the drone itself.
i will try to refresh the firmware though, didnt think of that...doesnt seem as risky as the first option. hehehe.
thanks Ked!
2018-6-20
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
India

that is a weird error.  Even if you fix the battery,  I wouldn't risk flying with it
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules