IMU and GPS-Compass problem
1823 22 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtomoto02
lvl.1

United States

Hey everyone,

I just bought a new Matrice 600 Pro.  I calibrated and upgraded everything.... and when I was read to fly for the first time I saw this red message on my Assistant 2. Does someone else have faced this issue and know how to solve it? I am a little disappointed that a new drone, that was just unboxed, have issues without any flight...

(Pictured attached to the message)
Captura de Tela 2018-06-18 às 17.11.41.png
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, have you made the GPS stand-up? It's normal to get the red reminder in DJI Assistant 2, no worries. If you have further questions when using the drone, please kindly offer the issue videos, we'd like to check the exact status.
2018-6-18
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

I do not see any error message on that screen shot. Really old post but I am dealing with GPS issues at the moment and I may not be the only one. These are remarks, not errors. Did you read the text or did you just see the red colored typeface? There is nothing wrong with the setup in the screenshot and there is nothing to solve. Why to be disappointed?
2023-12-30
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

rogiervdheide Posted at 12-30 02:59
I do not see any error message. Really old post but I am dealing with GPS issues at the moment and I may not be the only one. These are remarks, not errors. Did you read the text or did you just see the red colored typeface? There is nothing wrong with the setup in the screenshot and there is nothing to solve. Why to be disappointed?

Not sure if this is what you're talking about - but there have been high K index days this month which might be interfering with GPS acquisition.
2023-12-31
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

Hoarfrost Posted at 2023-12-31 17:34
Not sure if this is what you're talking about - but there have been high K index days this month which might be interfering with GPS acquisition.
[view_image]

Thanks! I was not aware of this.
1-4 00:34
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-18 22:55
Just to verify, have you made the GPS stand-up? It's normal to get the red reminder in DJI Assistant 2, no worries. If you have further questions when using the drone, please kindly offer the issue videos, we'd like to check the exact status.

DJI Susan I get only 5 satellites with my M600 Pro and all systems are OK. Everything calibrated, firmware OK, connection with ground controller OK, but I can only fly in atti because the drone does not see more than five satellites.

Changing priority of the IMUs does not improve anything. In open field the situation is not better.
What can I do?
1-4 11:07
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rogiervdheide Posted at 1-4 11:07
DJI Susan I get only 5 satellites with my M600 Pro and all systems are OK. Everything calibrated, firmware OK, connection with ground controller OK, but I can only fly in atti because the drone does not see more than five satellites.

Changing priority of the IMUs does not improve anything. In open field the situation is not better.

Hi there, sorry for the issue. You may try to block the GPS with your mobile device or disconnect the GPS one by one to confirm if any GPS works. It blinks green when GPS is used, it blinks blue when the GPS is in backup status.
If none of the GPS works, you may need to send the drone back to us for further checks.
1-6 01:36
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

DJI Susan Posted at 1-6 01:36
Hi there, sorry for the issue. You may try to block the GPS with your mobile device or disconnect the GPS one by one to confirm if any GPS works. It blinks green when GPS is used, it blinks blue when the GPS is in backup status.
If none of the GPS works, you may need to send the drone back to us for further checks.

Thanks DJI Suzan for the reply. However, one GPS works (blinks green), one is on standby (blinks blue) and one blinks red for an unknown reason.
In DJI Assistant, all GPS are present and blink green.

I do not understand what you mean with "you may try to block the GPS with your mobile device", can you please explain this in other words, thank you.

Kind regards
Rogier
1-8 05:48
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rogiervdheide Posted at 1-8 05:48
Thanks DJI Suzan for the reply. However, one GPS works (blinks green), one is on standby (blinks blue) and one blinks red for an unknown reason.
In DJI Assistant, all GPS are present and blink green.

Sorry for the belated reply. You may hold the phone or your palm over the GPS to block the GPS signal.
As you mentioned that one of the GPS works, may I double confirm if it will be able to acquire the satellites and signal normally? If it is the same issue, you may send the device back to DJI for further check.
1-12 23:18
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

DJI Susan Posted at 1-12 23:18
Sorry for the belated reply. You may hold the phone or your palm over the GPS to block the GPS signal.
As you mentioned that one of the GPS works, may I double confirm if it will be able to acquire the satellites and signal normally? If it is the same issue, you may send the device back to DJI for further check.

Thanks DJI Susan I understand now what you mean. You suggest to force the drone to switch to another GPS / Compass module. I will try that and see if it acquires satellites. Thanks!
1-13 01:17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rogiervdheide Posted at 1-13 01:17
Thanks DJI Susan I understand now what you mean. You suggest to force the drone to switch to another GPS / Compass module. I will try that and see if it acquires satellites. Thanks!

Right, sorry for the confusion. Please keep us updated on the result.
1-13 03:06
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

DJI Susan Posted at 1-13 03:06
Right, sorry for the confusion. Please keep us updated on the result.

Here is a brief update. De M600Pro still does not acquire more than 5 satellites.
This is odd.

Because: if it can acquire 5 satellites, it means its GPS system is working. So why does it not fix more satellites? Not even after 30 minutes of standing in a field with no buildings around.

DJI Susan, what could be the theoretical reasons for this?
Thanks in advance
Rogier
1-30 05:08
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rogiervdheide Posted at 1-30 05:08
Here is a brief update. De M600Pro still does not acquire more than 5 satellites.
This is odd.

Thank you for your reply. If you have tried different places but the satellites will not be collected more than 5, you may send it back to DJI so we can check what is the issue.
Please click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case.
1-31 20:39
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

DJI Susan Posted at 1-31 20:39
Thank you for your reply. If you have tried different places but the satellites will not be collected more than 5, you may send it back to DJI so we can check what is the issue.
Please click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case.

Thanks I think we will do so.
2-1 00:22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rogiervdheide Posted at 2-1 00:22
Thanks I think we will do so.

Please feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance, I am glad to help.
2-1 03:46
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

DJI Susan Posted at 2-1 03:46
Please feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance, I am glad to help.

Thanks a lot for your kind reply @dji susan, I am not sure what to do. The M600 Pro is quite large and heavy to ship. We try to solve the issue.

Could you confirm that the SRW-60G does not cause any interference with the GPS / Compass systems? Some have told me it does, and their issues disappeared once they disconnected the SRW-60G. I can of course to that, but I am keen to learn if this is something you are aware of / you agree with.

Thanks and kind regards
Rogier
2-2 08:25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rogiervdheide Posted at 2-2 08:25
Thanks a lot for your kind reply @dji susan, I am not sure what to do. The M600 Pro is quite large and heavy to ship. We try to solve the issue.

Could you confirm that the SRW-60G does not cause any interference with the GPS / Compass systems? Some have told me it does, and their issues disappeared once they disconnected the SRW-60G. I can of course to that, but I am keen to learn if this is something you are aware of / you agree with.

Theoretically, it will not affect the GPS and compass system on the M600 Pro. Yet, if you have this device, you may also try to turn it off and check again.
2-2 23:45
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

DJI Susan Posted at 2-2 23:45
Theoretically, it will not affect the GPS and compass system on the M600 Pro. Yet, if you have  this device, you may also try to turn it off and check again.

thanks for your continued insights and sorry I keep bothering you. We flew the M600Pro, but it lost connection with the controller just meters away - or at least that is what is looked like - and it has crashed. Could some failsafe scenario have kicked in?
2-3 13:33
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rogiervdheide Posted at 2-3 13:33
thanks for your continued insights and sorry I keep bothering you. We flew the M600Pro, but it lost connection with the controller just meters away - or at least that is what is looked like - and it has crashed. Could some failsafe scenario have kicked in?

I am sorry to hear about the crash. Kindly send it back so we can check further on it. And to find out the cause of the accident, we will apply for data analysis if the drone is within the warranty period, and we will provide a proper solution based on the result of the damages.
2-3 22:50
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2-3 22:50
I am sorry to hear about the crash. Kindly send it back so we can check further on it. And to find out the cause of the accident, we will apply for data analysis if the drone is within the warranty period, and we will provide a proper solution based on the result of the damages.

An M600 pro within warranty in 2024? That would be really great.
2-11 00:49
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rogiervdheide Posted at 2-11 00:49
An M600 pro within warranty in 2024? That would be really great.

Here is a picture of the M600 series warranty period for your reference only, you can also refer to the link below to check more details.
Once the DJI Repair Center receives the drone, the engineers will check the warranty status and state it in the quotation.
Link: https://www.dji.com/nl/service/policy
May I know when and where did you purchase this drone? As you mentioned this drone is quite large and heavy to ship, I would recommend you try to contact the local seller and see if they can help you to get the drone repaired.
M 600.jpeg

2-11 01:33
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

DJI Susan Posted at 2-11 01:33
Here is a picture of the M600 series warranty period for your reference only, you can also refer to the link below to check more details.
Once the DJI Repair Center receives the drone, the engineers will check the warranty status and state it in the quotation.
Link: https://www.dji.com/nl/service/policy

DJI Susan let me first thank you for your continued support. The M600 Pro is at DJI in Germany now and your collagues have indicated it needs one new IMU.

It is suprising of course because there are three IMUs in the drone, so even when one is faulty, the drone should function normally and fly. It would probably indicate something is not right but it would still take off.

Anyway the cost of replacement is really high and moreover I have no idea how the IMU could get faulty. This drone has never crashed and was always well taken care of.

Again, thanks a lot for your commitment and for engaging with us. There are often critical or negative comments on DJI's customer service, but in my view it has always been outstanding and that is also thanks to your efforts!
Rogier

2-11 08:40
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rogiervdheide Posted at 2-11 08:40
DJI Susan let me first thank you for your continued support. The M600 Pro is at DJI in Germany now and your collagues have indicated it needs one new IMU.

It is suprising of course because there are three IMUs in the drone, so even when one is faulty, the drone should function normally and fly. It would probably indicate something is not right but it would still take off.

Rogier, thank you so much for your positive feedback on our service. It is good to hear that the drone is already at DJI in Germany for service now, I believe the local service center will take care of your case.
Should you still need any help from me regarding this, please feel free to contact me with the case number.
2-11 23:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules