Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does this SD Card work for 4K? (Mavic Air)
3907 11 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trystin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 572142 ft
Australia

Hey guys,

So I recently bought a Mavic Air Flymore bundle from an Australian camera retailer, it had an SD Card included in the bundle.
Upon opening it had a
Sandisk 64GB Ultra Micro SDXC UHS-I A1 100MB/s inside. When I put it into the drone it gave me a notification saying that the card is not suitable for 4K video shooting. Should this be the case? I really thought that card would be able to handle 4K, and apparently so did the seller.

Is there any way to fix this? Or can someone give me a suggestion of a micro SD I should buy to be able to shoot 4K in the Mavic Air?

Thanks!

2018-6-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

reccomeded to have a UHS-3 microSD for the mavic air..im sure its just reading that microcode which version of rating it is not actually speed testing.    try formating the card into ExFAT on your computer to get the full 64GB table..and also preform speed tests on your PC.. if it can hold 20MB/Sec for extended period of time (like 10 minutes) it shouldnt be an issue

im sure it will still work, i have a samsung evo 128GB card i picked up on amazon for like $45 and i done speed tests and it holds 30MB/Sec writing and 75MB/sec read speeds and that would be more than enough speed.

remember the difference between megabit vs megabyte   1 megabit = 1/8th of 1 megabyte.  so if the mavic air is recording at 100 megabits per sec, that is the same as 12.5 megabytes per second
2018-6-18
Use props
Trystin
lvl.1
Australia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-18 16:31
reccomeded to have a UHS-3 microSD for the mavic air..im sure its just reading that microcode which version of rating it is not actually speed testing.    try formating the card into ExFAT on your computer to get the full 64GB table..and also preform speed tests on your PC.. if it can hold 20MB/Sec for extended period of time (like 10 minutes) it shouldnt be an issue

im sure it will still work, i have a samsung evo 128GB card i picked up on amazon for like $45 and i done speed tests and it holds 30MB/Sec writing and 75MB/sec read speeds and that would be more than enough speed.

Yeah, the card they included still works for 1080p but the drone won't allow me to do 4K. When you say you're sure it will still work, do you mean for 4K or just for the lower definition settings?
2018-6-18
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

I found that the Ultras don't work for 4K.  You'll need to get the Extreme in order to successfully use 4K video
2018-6-18
Use props
Trystin
lvl.1
Australia

3-D Posted at 2018-6-18 16:41
I found that the Ultras don't work for 4K.  You'll need to get the Extreme in order to successfully use 4K video

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up!
Will this SD be compatible with the air for 4K video?

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/172357088937?chn=ps

2018-6-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Trystin Posted at 2018-6-18 16:51

it should as long as it can sustain at least 20MB/sec for a period of times while recording.  but thats still a UHS-1 card so it may say it wont or throw slow error  

i haven't used sandisk in a number of years.  i use samsung memory now a days, they are worth a shot to look at samsung evo and pro memory for microSD cards. mine is a 128GB Evo Select (UHS-1 rated) and it sustained a little over 30MB/sec writing in a 1 hour test i have done using my PC and i paid $45 us dollars for it were as my old sandisk UHS-I cards slow way down when they got hot after a few minutes.

2018-6-18
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Trystin Posted at 2018-6-18 16:51

Yes.  that is the card that I use in mine.  Excellent.
2018-6-18
Use props
Trystin
lvl.1
Australia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-18 17:00
it should as long as it can sustain at least 20MB/sec for a period of times while recording.  but thats still a UHS-1 card so it may say it wont or throw slow error  

i haven't used sandisk in a number of years.  i use samsung memory now a days, they are worth a shot to look at samsung evo and pro memory for microSD cards. mine is a 128GB Evo Select (UHS-1 rated) and it sustained a little over 30MB/sec writing in a 1 hour test i have done using my PC and i paid $45 us dollars for it were as my old sandisk UHS-I cards slow way down when they got hot after a few minutes.

Great!

Looking into the Samsung Evo Plus cards, they are actually cheaper than the SanDisk cards.
So you're saying this SD Card would be suitable?

If so ill buy a couple
2018-6-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Trystin Posted at 2018-6-18 17:47
Great!

Looking into the Samsung Evo Plus cards, they are actually cheaper than the SanDisk cards.

assuming its real it should work without an issue!
2018-6-18
Use props
Trystin
lvl.1
Australia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-18 17:57
assuming its real it should work without an issue!

Great! Thanks so much for your help
2018-6-18
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Trystin Posted at 2018-6-18 17:47
Great!

Yes.  I do believe the EVO plus will work.
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I apologize for the inconvenience. I understand that you want to save 4k videos on your SD card. Let me post all the supported SD Cards for the DJI Mavic Air for reference. Thank you.

2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules