Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SERIOUSLY NO AF - TAP TO FOCUS with Handwheel 2 ???
717 3 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

OK so i got my Handwheel 2 finally working after figuring out the two different communication cable (one works - one doesn't - the follow focus one doesn't work the Handwheel 2).

NOW A NEW PROBLEM OR MAYBE A BUG
With the handwheel 2 connected and working in MF mode everything is perfect.
BUT....... when i switch to AF on DJI GO and tap to focus the Osmo pro breifly focuses and then goes to blur.
However, while in AF mode if i turn the Handwheel 2 it will adjust the focus while in the AF mode ????

This must be a problem with the firmware V01.04.00.70 ?????
One would think when you switch to Auto focus and tap the screen the Go app should be in control of focus but not so.
To get Autofocus or tap to focus working in the DJI GO APP (with the handwheel 2 connected) I have to turn off the handwheel 2.
This sounds crazy....... can anyone offer an explanation why this is happeing ????
As many have commented perhaps we are long overdue a new firmware for OSMO Pro/Raw or have DJI just forgotten about us? We havent had an update in over a year.

Many thanks.
2018-6-18
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>

I use the focuswheel 1 and it's the same here. So that seems to be normal. I don't miss AF 'cause it's not really reliable anyway. But something like follow focus and face recognition could easily be added with an new and improved firmware. I see it like you - it's time for new software.

In case of their drones DJI offers regular updated - so it should be possible. Osmo Pro and Raw are really one of a kind products - they definitely should be part of DJI future product policy.
2018-6-19
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

EMBE Posted at 2018-6-19 11:41
I use the focuswheel 1 and it's the same here. So that seems to be normal. I don't miss AF 'cause it's not really reliable anyway. But something like follow focus and face recognition could easily be added with an new and improved firmware. I see it like you - it's time for new software.

In case of their drones DJI offers regular updated - so it should be possible. Osmo Pro and Raw are really one of a kind products - they definitely should be part of DJI future product policy.

Thanks for your reply. its good to know its not just me experiencing this. Cant say I miss AF, I have always been used to manual focus lenses anyway, it just seemed a bit strange that when you engage the AF that it doesn't work when the handwheel is connected. Just seems pointless really to have a feature that just doesn't work.
2018-6-19
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-6-19 12:41
Thanks for your reply. its good to know its not just me experiencing this. Cant say I miss AF, I have always been used to manual focus lenses anyway, it just seemed a bit strange that when you engage the AF that it doesn't work when the handwheel is connected. Just seems pointless really to have a feature that just doesn't work.

Ok so I've got a work around for anyone who does want to engage the AF tap to focus with the Handwheel 2 connected. Press and hold the lens button on the handwheel 2 to get the handwheel out of focus mode and onto aperture mode. Now with the Handwheel having nothing to do with focus the tap to focus in AF mode will work accurately again. You could also turn off the handwheel 2 at the on/off switch. Regardless you must not have the handwheel controlling focus if you want to switch to AF in the Go app and wish to use 'tap to focus in the Go App.
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules