Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Issue, flashing LED1
768 10 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jackcooper92
lvl.1
Vietnam

Hi all,

Brand new Mavic Pro with fly more pack. Just opened everything. 2 of the batteries work as expected using the battery dock.

1 of the batteries doesn't seem to charge and seems dead - to confirm, it hasn't been used ever.

When I connect to the dock, LED1 flashes quickly for a short while, then goes to a slow blinking (as if to indicate the charge level), then abruptly shuts off. Then after about 20 seconds it will repeat. It goes through this cycle a few times before eventually the dock led goes solid red and it stops completely.

I have also tried charging directly from the charger: basically the same thing happens.

I've tried connecting the battery to the Mavic pro, it begins the start up sequence, but then stops and never starts up.

It seems like the battery is completely exhausted, but also won't charge.

Any one have any advice on this?
2018-6-18
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>

You have a DOA. Just return it!
2018-6-18
Use props
jackcooper92
lvl.1
Vietnam

dronist Posted at 2018-6-18 19:25
You have a DOA. Just return it!

Thanks Dronist, but it's not so easy - spoke to customer service who had only bad news.

I purchased it in the US, but I have just got home to Cambodia. I will be travelling back to the US in December, but the battery has only 6 months warranty  so will expire by the time I get back.

If I try to send it by post, customer service said it will cost more to send it than it's worth.

Their actual advice was to "just buy a new battery"

I am very much regretting paying the extra $300 for the fly more package, especially since I have discovered that the charging dock doesn't really do much anyway since it charges one at a time.
2018-6-18
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

jackcooper92 Posted at 2018-6-18 19:51
Thanks Dronist, but it's not so easy - spoke to customer service who had only bad news.

I purchased it in the US, but I have just got home to Cambodia. I will be travelling back to the US in December, but the battery has only 6 months warranty  so will expire by the time I get back.

I would try a Chat session on the DJI Support website.  If you can, have a scanned copy of your purchase receipt ready (for proof of purchase if you haven't already registered with them).  INSIST on an exchange for a functioning battery, and that they provide free shipping labels.  At a MINIMUM, demand a CASE # to resolve the matter.  Remind them that your purchase was in the US and the warranty rules are based on US laws/regulations.  Where you are using them is irrelevant to resolving a warranty issue.  

By getting a dated conversation AND a dated CASE # (and including the serial number in all of the correspondence) you have established the date of the faulty product notification.  The 6 month "expiration" becomes irrelevant, and... they know this.
2018-6-19
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Sorry to hear but you have a DOA.  This is why it is so important if possible to if you purchase one of these outside your country fully test it out where you purchase in case something like this happens.  
2018-6-19
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-19 05:45
I would try a Chat session on the DJI Support website.  If you can, have a scanned copy of your purchase receipt ready (for proof of purchase if you haven't already registered with them).  INSIST on an exchange for a functioning battery, and that they provide free shipping labels.  At a MINIMUM, demand a CASE # to resolve the matter.  Remind them that your purchase was in the US and the warranty rules are based on US laws/regulations.  Where you are using them is irrelevant to resolving a warranty issue.  

By getting a dated conversation AND a dated CASE # (and including the serial number in all of the correspondence) you have established the date of the faulty product notification.  The 6 month "expiration" becomes irrelevant, and... they know this.

Great advice WebParrot.
Let's see if to OP is motivated to follow it.
2018-6-19
Use props
jackcooper92
lvl.1
Vietnam

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-19 05:45
I would try a Chat session on the DJI Support website.  If you can, have a scanned copy of your purchase receipt ready (for proof of purchase if you haven't already registered with them).  INSIST on an exchange for a functioning battery, and that they provide free shipping labels.  At a MINIMUM, demand a CASE # to resolve the matter.  Remind them that your purchase was in the US and the warranty rules are based on US laws/regulations.  Where you are using them is irrelevant to resolving a warranty issue.  

Thanks Web Parrot. I will definitely give this a go and try and get a bit tough on them. I was pretty flat after my last live chat because the guy literally told me (in broken english) to just buy a new one. Surely that can't be the official recommendation...

2018-6-19
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

jackcooper92 Posted at 2018-6-19 19:18
Thanks Web Parrot. I will definitely give this a go and try and get a bit tough on them. I was pretty flat after my last live chat because the guy literally told me (in broken english) to just buy a new one. Surely that can't be the official recommendation...

Hang in there :-) .... On the part of the "chat-head," that was a cop-out short cut to get him off the hook.

Make sure you've registered your purchase/MP and have the serial number of the misbehaving battery AND include it with your chat.    Start your session something like this, " On June ___ , 2018 I purchased a flymore package from _______ and paid $XXX.XX.  On June ___, 2018 I registered the quad with DJI.  One of the batteries, serial number XXXXXXXXXXX will not charge.  Here's what happens.....: " Then describe what happens as you did in this post.  Then tell them you would like a warranty return that includes a postage paid label.
2018-6-20
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>

jackcooper92 Posted at 2018-6-18 19:51
Thanks Dronist, but it's not so easy - spoke to customer service who had only bad news.

I purchased it in the US, but I have just got home to Cambodia. I will be travelling back to the US in December, but the battery has only 6 months warranty  so will expire by the time I get back.

As the Parrot said: Tell them it was DEAD ON ARRIVAL and they should ship you a new one free of charge. See if any of your friend/relative going to US and let them mail it for you or you can send the dead at the slowest cheapest rate.
2018-6-21
Use props
Philippe G
lvl.1
United States

Hi,
I got the same "buy new batteries" speech from the DJI support, for batteries that I barely used and only have a few charge cycles. I believe there really is a quality issue with the Mavic Pro batteries, I'm going back and forth with the DJI support and apparently they "escalated" to another support level... still waiting for a response. I'll definitely share as soon as I have news from them. Hopes of a replacement are low though...
2018-6-22
Use props
jackcooper92
lvl.1
Vietnam

UPDATE:

A lot of back and forth with DJI support, I have sent photos and videos of the battery in it's non-functioning state. They are satisfied that it is non-functional and since the issue appeared within 15 days (actually it was DOA but 15 days is the threshold), they've said it qualifies for a replacement.

Only difficulty for me is that I don't live in the US, and they will only send to a US resident. I've contacted a few people I know and managed to get someone to receive it for me, then I will pick it up from them in December. Let's just hope the one they send me is in working order as I won't know til December!!

All in all, it has worked out okay, thanks for the all the advice!
2018-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules