4545 6 2015-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
culnara69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 96014 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, OK I accidentally flew blindly into a sand dune after getting a "broken connection with phantom" cut a long story short I needed a new shell. swapped everything over, everything is working fine except I cannot get any Satellites showing up, quad continually blinks yellow and DJI app shows 0 sats it was not a hard impact and I have checked the GPS module, everything is intact and the ceramic plate is whole.
I initially thought I had lost all contact with the phantom, but it turns out it was just the video feed, here is the vid - please ignore my comments, after watching the video several times, I deduced that I was still actually in control, and it was me who flew it into sand dune

here is what I am getting in the assistant software

I have Flytrex live attached, but I have also tried it by bypasing and plugging GPS module directly into phantom...

is there something I am missing??

2015-5-16
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Look at the assistant, shows for GPS  0.0.0.0, so it's not seeing it. I wold open her back up and check the  GPS plug on the main board.  Due to some of the forum info on GPS I have put a piece of thin plastic in between the two plugs to make the connection tighter. Regardless your is not seeing the GPS it should show  hardware od 6.1.12 and firmware 6.0.1.4  at least something besides. Zeros.
If the connection is good and still no GPS the only thing to do would  be change it out and see if another one registers
2015-5-16
Use props
culnara69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yeah, I did think the plug was a bit slack? I'm pretty sure I was still getting sats before I dismantled :S
hold on... two plugs? is there not just the one 4 pin plug?

2015-5-16
Use props
culnara69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here's a couple of pics of the GPS module

2015-5-16
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

there is only one plug, its black and goes from the module to the mainboard, it isnt keyed and can be pushed in backwards, try turning it round and see if that works.
2015-5-16
Use props
culnara69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nope CFT, my plug has groove n slots, it can only go in one way :S
2015-5-16
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

The GPS plug is a black plug. It's over the battery end of the quad right at the edge. Off center to the right a little. Hope that helps.
2015-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules