Mavic Pro Battery Error
43967 23 2018-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Philippe G
lvl.1
United States

Hi,
Like several (not to say many) Mavic Pro owners I ran into a battery error issue. After a light use and only a few charge cycles the three batteries of my Mavic Pro generate an error message.
here is the app message:
App Message.JPG
and below is the controller message:
Controller Message.JPG
I tried to fully charge the batteries, performed all firmware and software upgrade but still having the issue.
Each battery shows deviations between cells:
Battery 1 Details.JPG
I contacted the DJI support, after answering their many questions and providing pictures of the issue (per DJI support request), I got the answer many customers had: the batteries only have a 6 months warantee and I should purchase new batteries.
While I can understand that batteries become less efficient over time with each charging cycle, I can't believe all three batteries stopped working correctly after only a year of light use and in some case less than 10 charging cycle... I asked the DJI support if there is a known quality issue with the Mavic Pro batteries, I obvisously don't expect a clear answer.

Did someone find a solution to this issue besides replacing the batteries?

thanks,
Phil

2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with your Mavic Pro battery. Check whether the firmware has been upgraded. If so, ensure that the upgrade was successful.
2018-6-19
Use props
Philippe G
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-19 08:38
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with your Mavic Pro battery. Check whether the firmware has been upgraded. If so, ensure that the upgrade was successful.

Hi Gamora,

As stated in my post I did perform the firmware upgrade, that didn't solve my issue.

Thanks,

Phil
2018-6-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try charge cycling.. leave the drone on and let the battery go flat so turns off entirely.. then recharge it using the Mavic Pro charger completely..

If the battery isn’t damaged this should rebalance the cells out. This looks like a classic case of cell imbalance.    If if doesn’t fix it then I suspect you have a bad battery.

I agree with you, Dji needs to relax their battery warranty a bit 6 months then no more is harsh.  Specially with only a handful of charge cycles.  most companies actually will accept battery exchanges after their stated coverage as long as no physical damage and just internal issue with cells or charging circuits.  I had a dell laptop get a new battery a full year after my coverage expired because they confirmed looking at the statuses that I barely used any charge cycles and it wasn’t holding a charge anymore so they sent me a replacement without me having to ship mine back.  
2018-6-19
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps DJI should warrant the battery based on something along the lines of
100 - Weeks Owned - Charge Cycles , if the result is >0 then its in warranty.
2018-6-19
Use props
Philippe G
lvl.1
United States

Apparently some third party battery vendors have a one year warranty policy.
I'm usually not inclined to buy third party batteries for my camera and gear but as the genuine DJI batteries seem to have a short lifespan anyway I'm debating replacing them with this:
https://www.amazon.com/Battery-P ... Ah+LiPo+Intelligent
They might not last longer but at least they're cheaper!
2018-6-19
Use props
Philippe G
lvl.1
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-19 11:54
Try charge cycling.. leave the drone on and let the battery go flat so turns off entirely.. then recharge it using the Mavic Pro charger completely..

If the battery isn’t damaged this should rebalance the cells out. This looks like a classic case of cell imbalance.    If if doesn’t fix it then I suspect you have a bad battery.

Hi,
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try to drain the batteries completely and charge them... hopefully that'll work.
I'm still discussing with the DJI support, they apparently "escalated" to another level... will let the community know how that works.
2018-6-20
Use props
djiuser_sgiXFqnDafzv
New

United States

Did anything happen after you escalated the matter?
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_sgiXFqnDafzv Posted at 11-3 22:47
Did anything happen after you escalated the matter?

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. I would like to ask if you're encountering the same concern? What aircraft are you using? Please keep us posted so that we could be able to assist you. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-4
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Be very careful when flying with these batteries. I had a battery error recently and the drone just landed quickly during midflight. Went from 42% to 0% and just landed right in the middle of a road. Luckily mine was still in the warranty period and I'm currently waiting on UPS label to send it back. If you choose to continue flying with this battery I wouldn't do it over water or anywhere where an emergency landing could be dangerous or cause loss of your drone. Good luck
2018-11-4
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Philippe G Posted at 6-19 12:31
Apparently some third party battery vendors have a one year warranty policy.
I'm usually not inclined to buy third party batteries for my camera and gear but as the genuine DJI batteries seem to have a short lifespan anyway I'm debating replacing them with this:
https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Powerextra-Intelligent-Replacement-Platinum/dp/B077SFLYW6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529439886&sr=8-1&keywords=Mavic+Pro+Battery%2C+2-Pack+Powerextra+11.4V+3830+mAh+LiPo+Intelligent

What's the warranty on these Amazon batteries? I'd be interested in 3rd party batteries if they have a 1 year warranty.
2018-11-4
Use props
Jeffa1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 972211 ft
Australia

hi guys I have had the same issue I drained the battery to low as I read above and re-charged the battery and looks like one cell is lower then the others so I believe the battery is no good
but only 6 months warranty from DJI is very poor and the price is fairly high. not sure if I will go third party battery even tho it has 12 months warranty.

a question how do I upgrade the firmware on the battery ?
2018-11-8
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

Edit:  I looked at the date this was posted and now realize I'm a bit late to the party.  Whatever was the outcome of this?

My original thoughts......

3 batteries all at once?  I'm skeptical.

I would think it's possibly a problem with the charger itself - as I'll bet you used the same charger to charge all 3 batteries.

Do you have a mate or someone close, or even a distributor close by that you can take your batteries to and charge via a DIFFERENT charger?  This will rule your charger out and point back to 3 bad batteries if nothing changes.
2018-11-8
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

Jeffa1 Posted at 11-8 16:27
hi guys I have had the same issue I drained the battery to low as I read above and re-charged the battery and looks like one cell is lower then the others so I believe the battery is no good
but only 6 months warranty from DJI is very poor and the price is fairly high. not sure if I will go third party battery even tho it has 12 months warranty.

the firmware on the battery is updated by refreshing the drones firmware ... of course, the relevant battery is connected to the drone during the update
2018-11-9
Use props
Jeffa1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 972211 ft
Australia

sica Posted at 11-9 00:57
the firmware on the battery is updated by refreshing the drones firmware ... of course, the relevant battery is connected to the drone during the update

Thanks for your help makes sense now  
2018-11-9
Use props
fansc676f00b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253179 ft
India

(SOLUTION OF DJI MAVIC PRO BATTERY ERROR- ONE CELL SHOWING LOW VOLTAGE)

Hi Guys,
Did face the same problem on one of my batteries. Went through many forums and videos but were of no use. The only option (after 6 months warranty) was to do the basics.
Did search from calibration of batteries. Which is a simple cycle of charging and discharging of battery.

1. Completely discharge your battery by keeping drone ON.
2. Charge the battery to 100% after complete discharge.
3. Repeat the cycle 02-03 times and u will see the difference of one cell coming down.

It worked for me. So, thought of sharing with u all.
Thanks
A7F474E8-CC8D-4599-BA8A-88AA612AF1B6.png
AC4422CC-7BD3-42FD-B0F1-9E3CB42D232C.png
CA3D98E7-F528-4DA3-B690-2FC2D244D434.png
21EFF333-D0ED-42DB-84F5-3EEDEF73302E.png
2019-11-23
Use props
lfcohen
lvl.1

Brazil

fansc676f00b Posted at 2019-11-23 06:16
(SOLUTION OF DJI MAVIC PRO BATTERY ERROR- ONE CELL SHOWING LOW VOLTAGE)

Hi Guys,

I will try to do the same... mine has the same issue... but I only discharged it once... doing a few more as instructed. Hope it fixes the battery
2020-2-23
Use props
djiuser_bMe4WzwWcGQB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86870 ft
United States

lfcohen Posted at 2-23 04:38
I will try to do the same... mine has the same issue... but I only discharged it once... doing a few more as instructed. Hope it fixes the battery

Very late in the game, but it's still an issue in 2020! Did you ever solve this with the above fix? I'll try it now and post here, just so there's closure for some.lol
2020-4-12
Use props
Pgolder Gtone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86870 ft
United States

djiuser_bMe4WzwWcGQB Posted at 4-12 07:39
Very late in the game, but it's still an issue in 2020! Did you ever solve this with the above fix? I'll try it now and post here, just so there's closure for some.lol

IT WORKED! I actually already gave up. I had the drone up for sale because I was just gonna get an Anafi,lol

So after about 6 or 7 cycles, (discharge/charge), the error went away. I didn't even notice it went away since I just had the drone on to adjust the camera settings. I just noticed there was no more Battery Error. Anyway, glad it worked out... for now. I'm fully charging now again. I'll find out if it was just a fluke.
2020-4-12
Use props
lfcohen
lvl.1

Brazil

Pgolder Gtone Posted at 4-12 20:56
IT WORKED! I actually already gave up. I had the drone up for sale because I was just gonna get an Anafi,lol

So after about 6 or 7 cycles, (discharge/charge), the error went away. I didn't even notice it went away since I just had the drone on to adjust the camera settings. I just noticed there was no more Battery Error. Anyway, glad it worked out... for now. I'm fully charging now again. I'll find out if it was just a fluke.

WOW! I am still doing but I only did 2 or 3 cycles!!! Will keep doing and report. Thank you so much for your attempts and success. as well as the feedback here!

2020-4-24
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

February 2021:  I also have this issue.  Only one of my three batteries have the problem.   In cycle 2 of charge/discharge .

I figured I would find the answer in the forms.   Didn’t even try DJI “Support”… (totally worthless)
2021-2-8
Use props
djiuser_0DLQfxHnFXFI
New

United Kingdom

February 2021 here also, same issue. Have discharged and recharged a couple times, will continue as trying to find a new/relatively unused second battery is providing difficult.
2021-2-28
Use props
djiuser_2YAxHRtgFXZd
New

Moldova

Hey i have a similar problem on mavic air 2 but only with one battery out of 3 . For no reason, the battery gave an error. The first sign is a red indication on the charging hub. When the battery is connected to the drone, the drone turns on without my intervention. on the screen gives a critical battery error. all the latest updates installed. thanks in advance.
2022-7-10
Use props
djiuser_2YAxHRtgFXZd
New

Moldova

I don't know  what to do
2022-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules