Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic unflyable
1752 13 2018-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tylervalo
lvl.1
United States

My Mavic has recently become unflyable due to one of the firmware updates.  The video feed to my phone is distored and laggy and occasinally goes completely black.  I hooked the RC and Drone up to my computer and rolled back to firmware 4.0.10 (i think) with DJI assistant and that also did not help.  I'm using a dedicated Google Nexus 5, nothing else is on the phone except DJI GO, it doesn't even have a SIM card.  I've tried different USB cables and different phones and the same result.  
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry that you are not able to fly your DJI Mavic Pro. Let me help you with this issue. Can we try to download the latest firmware of the DJI Mavic Pro using the latest DJI Assistant 2 firmware. I will be posting the link where you can download the firmware.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

2018-6-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

I had the same problem with my Mavic Pro this past week, where the video was rendering the drone impossible to fly. I reset the firmware of the Mavic Pro using DJI Assistant 2 and reinstalled the App onto my Samsung S7 smartphone. I have a Nexus 5 device and love it as my daily driver except it only has 2GB RAM to run DJI GO 4, if you can get a Samsung Galaxy S7 it has 4GB RAM and Super-Amoled display. The Nexus 5 has a great IPS display but when flying in the sun the screen tilted doesn't omit a bright enough image, just my opinion you could pick up a brand new S7 from Samsung.com for $469.
2018-6-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

If it is a Mavic Pro and running Firmware .0300; trying reverting Mavic Pro to .0200 or .0100.   

For me, in both cases updating FW to .0300 started Liveview distortion / pixelation, and in both cases reverting back to .0200 got Liveview working as before.
2018-6-19
Use props
Tylervalo
lvl.1
United States

Rolling the App back on my phone a few version fixed it.
2018-6-20
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yes it is an issue with the latest android 4.2.20 DJI GO 4 update that is causing this issue for many out there.  Reverting back to 4.2.16 usually fixes for most.  
2018-6-20
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-20 09:54
Yes it is an issue with the latest android 4.2.20 DJI GO 4 update that is causing this issue for many out there.  Reverting back to 4.2.16 usually fixes for most.

Users in our local drone club as well as FB groups all over hav reported similar problems as far back to 4.2.16. Most are going to 4.2.14 and MP have been flawless.
2018-6-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-19 08:35
I had the same problem with my Mavic Pro this past week, where the video was rendering the drone impossible to fly. I reset the firmware of the Mavic Pro using DJI Assistant 2 and reinstalled the App onto my Samsung S7 smartphone. I have a Nexus 5 device and love it as my daily driver except it only has 2GB RAM to run DJI GO 4, if you can get a Samsung Galaxy S7 it has 4GB RAM and Super-Amoled display. The Nexus 5 has a great IPS display but when flying in the sun the screen tilted doesn't omit a bright enough image, just my opinion you could pick up a brand new S7 from Samsung.com for $469.

My Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone is offering an Android update ( since yesterday).  To Android 8 Oreo.
I've held off for the moment and stayed with my current version. Have you any insight into how this latest version might interact with the DJI Go4 App and our Mavic Pro's ?  TIA
2018-6-21
Use props
dbparti024
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-21 02:03
My Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone is offering an Android update ( since yesterday).  To Android 8 Oreo.
I've held off for the moment and stayed with my current version. Have you any insight into how this latest version might interact with the DJI Go4 App and our Mavic Pro's ?  TIA

I have read a few posts on issues with upgrading to Android 8 not being able to connect to MP with the DJIGo app. I would hold off, I upgraded to Oreo but I use the Litchi app. Im waiting for firmware updates to   fix to the video lag before I go back to the DJIGo app
2018-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

dbparti024 Posted at 2018-6-21 07:14
I have read a few posts on issues with upgrading to Android 8 not being able to connect to MP with the DJIGo app. I would hold off, I upgraded to Oreo but I use the Litchi app. Im waiting for firmware updates to   fix to the video lag before I go back to the DJIGo app

Thanks for the tip.  I use both DJI Go4 and Litchi. I'll stick with what works for the time being, and wait for the wrinkles to (hopefully) be ironed out.
2018-6-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-21 02:03

Honestly, my Samsung S7 only has Android 7.0 Nougat - it came loaded with Android 6.1 Marshmallow, which I think is more stable. I find the Super-Amoled display on the Samsung Galaxy S7 to be fantastic for viewing FPV from DJI drones. I read somewhere that all Samsung S7's this Summer are receiving the Android 8.0 Oreo update, but my phone doesn't have the update yet? I'm clueless with which whether the Nougat or Oreo is more optimized for running DJI GO 4?

I have from the Google PlayStore my LG Nexus 5. Last year I sent the phone to LG and they serviced it by putting all new parts less except my motherboard that LG kept with the same IMEI. Basically, I have a brand new Nexus 5 that runs as snappy as ever. Note: Nexus 5 runs on Marshmallow and essentially owns that operating system version because no other Google device runs on Marshmallow. Nexus 6 & 6P run on Oreo and Nougat, Pixel 1 & Pixel 2 run on Oreo, therefore there's less devices running on the stock Marshmallow Android Server.

I tried my Nexus 5 with DJI GO 4 and it looks like it can run it smoothly but I haven't tested it with flying any of my drones? I like the Nexus 5 IPS 1080p display all-around better than my Samsung S7, but Nexus 5, like Samsung S8 & S9, has virtual home button, not physical home button like on the Samsung S7, this plus the Super-Amoled is incredibly useful outdoors when flying drones and using DJI GO 4. Therefore I'd like to see how I can revert back to having a perfectly working S7 running DJI GO 4 flying my Spark and Mavic Pro?
2018-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-21 08:33
Honestly, my Samsung S7 only has Android 7.0 Nougat - it came loaded with Android 6.1 Marshmallow, which I think is more stable. I find the Super-Amoled display on the Samsung Galaxy S7 to be fantastic for viewing FPV from DJI drones. I read somewhere that all Samsung S7's this Summer are receiving the Android 8.0 Oreo update, but my phone doesn't have the update yet? I'm clueless with which whether the Nougat or Oreo is more optimized for running DJI GO 4?

I have from the Google PlayStore my LG Nexus 5. Last year I sent the phone to LG and they serviced it by putting all new parts less except my motherboard that LG kept with the same IMEI. Basically, I have a brand new Nexus 5 that runs as snappy as ever. Note: Nexus 5 runs on Marshmallow and essentially owns that operating system version because no other Google device runs on Marshmallow. Nexus 6 & 6P run on Oreo and Nougat, Pixel 1 & Pixel 2 run on Oreo, therefore there's less devices running on the stock Marshmallow Android Server.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm holding off on any updates for the time being. Everything seems to be working OK, so I'll leave well alone
2018-6-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-6-22 02:57
Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm holding off on any updates for the time being. Everything seems to be working OK, so I'll leave well alone

It always pays to leave well enough alone.
2018-6-22
Use props
fans8466b47f
lvl.1
Georgia

Need help. Mavic air Do not climb to a height of more than 30 meters. I understand this restriction for those who have not logged into the DJI go account, but I entered the account and still the same problem. he does not fly further. what to do?
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules