747 14 2018-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

My flight also stopped recording at 15 May 2018 (crashed at 18 June 2018)- Cannot see the flight records at the phone or DJI server (last sycnh 1 month ago).

Pls help..

One arm broke, cam/gimbal still OK.  No DJI refresh.

Pls advise...

35628964_2440590805954914_4888840391182254080_n.jpg
2018-6-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I am very sorry for your crash. You should open a support case with DJI. They will analyse the blackbox data and if the crash was caused by a malfunction it will be covered by warranty: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry that your DJI Mavic Air crashed. This is very sad to know. The best thing we can do is please contact DJI repair at www.dji.com/support and send the drone in for our DJI Repair team can check and assess the damage of the drone.
2018-6-19
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

But why the drone just shoot up..while I still have 20% battery? I was near to me...  

Do I need to pay for my repair?
2018-6-19
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

SectorDrone Posted at 2018-6-19 07:00
But why the drone just shoot up..while I still have 20% battery? I was near to me...  

Page 13 and 14 of the manual describe RTH ...

ON RTH, the aircraft will ascent to the pre-set RTH altitude

2018-6-19
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Should I be able to control it by joystick down to avoid ascend?

I know that u can cancel Rth or use joystick to control it during rth.
2018-6-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

SectorDrone Posted at 2018-6-19 07:40

I am very sure that you have had low battery warnings before the RTH self-initiated and could have landed it safely under your control. You need to cancel RTH to make it stop ascending to the preset RTH height. It requires a fast reaction. And before every flight you should evaluate what the best RTH height is for the given flying environment to avoid such crashes.
2018-6-19
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-19 08:21
I am very sure that you have had low battery warnings before the RTH self-initiated and could have landed it safely under your control. You need to cancel RTH to make it stop ascending to the preset RTH height. It requires a fast reaction. And before every flight you should evaluate what the best RTH height is for the given flying environment to avoid such crashes.

"...before every flight you should evaluate what the best RTH height is for the given flying environment to avoid such crashes."

One of the most overlooked pre-flight checks of all.
2018-6-19
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

SectorDrone Posted at 2018-6-19 07:40

With my Spark and a low battery RTH few weeks back, I could NOT control it's ascent with down joy stick, it went up through a pine tree chopping pine needles.

I never tried pause or saw/had time to cancel on the screen......It happened so fast, i just recall a voice says "going home" while I was under a tree right in front of me and freaking because I knew what was next. Pulled down the down stick, had no effect as it was going up. It hit a few bunches of needles, made some nice mulch and made it out however..........whew.   

I wonder if different types (user verse system) of RTH's allow for different abitities to cancel and/or control the ascent etc,. etc,. going home. For example, a pilot pushes RTH allows more control to cancel/control as were a system generated RTH (low battery, lost sig) allow for less or no controls.

2018-6-19
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

........and a good reason to always closely monitor remaining battery power.
2018-6-19
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Kicked in RTH due to low battery most likely and you have to cancel RTH is only to keep from ascending to what it is set to.  
2018-6-19
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Far_North Posted at 2018-6-19 12:53

2018-6-19
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730026 ft
  • >>>
United States

Far_North Posted at 2018-6-19 12:53

2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SectorDrone Posted at 2018-6-19 07:00

Hi, after you've done creating a case and send your unit to our facility I would suggest syncing your flight records using DJI GO 4 app, please ensure that you'll be including the incident date so our repair team could conduct some investigation, in regards with this issue so that they could be able to figure out what happened to your aircraft and for them to check as well if we will be covered by warranty or not.
2018-6-19
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Cancelling RTH using the RC button ought to work, but does anyone know if a Sport Mode toggle or hitting Pause would also help in this situation?
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules