Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi Guys
so my Pro was giving more issues with the Jello and vibration on the camera so I  left it back at the store, and this is when my drama started. They seem to have lost my Pro. no traces of it at all. The owner is busy trying to locate it and has promised to replace it should it not be found, in the interim he has been helpful enough to loan me hi Phantom 4 Adv but when I try to fly it getting vision sensor errors and motor propulsion warning on the monitor screen. Any ideas what that could be.

Oh yeah, cannot get hold of the owner of the store since he left his Phantom with me, no response nothing from him after that. not sure if he decided to leave this with me as a replacement, I prefer my Pro to this to big and bulky
2018-6-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OMG - sounds dodgy as hell mate. The P4A is a great quad though and actually more expensive then the MP. Best thing to do is: cut all contact with the store/seller. Send the P4A back to DJI under warranty and get a replacement. Privately sell the replacement P4A for a lot more than you would have got for the MP then put the money from the P4A sale towards the new drone being released next month. Or go back around to the store and demand a new MP or seek legal advice. I know what option I would take!
2018-6-19
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Sorry to read this Suren... wish i could help you, but good luck with whatever you decide to do.
2018-6-19
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow.  I'd be camping at the store waiting for said owner.  It seems that the Phantom has it's own problems.  I hope you get your Pro back!!
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-6-19 06:55
OMG - sounds dodgy as hell mate. The P4A is a great quad though and actually more expensive then the MP. Best thing to do is: cut all contact with the store/seller. Send the P4A back to DJI under warranty and get a replacement. Privately sell the replacement P4A for a lot more than you would have got for the MP then put the money from the P4A sale towards the new drone being released next month.  Or go back around to the store and demand a new MP or seek legal advice. I know what option I would take!

Thanks Andy. Seems that the owner is battling after his staff member left the store and went away, he does not seem to know what is happening. He only left the P4 with me after I said I will be going to the cops to report them for losing my Drone.  I don't think I will be able to send this to Dji as it is his drone and have no proof or invoices for it and the costs to send this to China will be really expensive. How would I know if this is U/G with Dji, any way of telling.
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

FlyDK Posted at 2018-6-19 07:02
Sorry to read this Suren... wish i could help you, but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Thanks Fly, I am so Mad as Hell with the Store but hoping for the best from them. I hope they keep to their deal and replace my Pro.
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

3-D Posted at 2018-6-19 07:10
Wow.  I'd be camping at the store waiting for said owner.  It seems that the Phantom has it's own problems.  I hope you get your Pro back!!

Yeah it does, Gonna try to see this weekend if any firmware's for it, maybe that might fix the issues, can only hope
2018-6-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I wish you good luck but also would start preparing for legal steps to be taken before that dealer will disappear for good.
2018-6-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-6-19 07:44
Thanks Andy. Seems that the owner is battling after his staff member left the store and went away, he does not seem to know what is happening. He only left the P4 with me after I said I will be going to the cops to report them for losing my Drone.  I don't think I will be able to send this to Dji as it is his drone and have no proof or invoices for it and the costs to send this to China will be really expensive. How would I know if this is U/G with Dji, any way of telling.

You can raise a new thread on here and address it FAO DJI Administrators with the serial number which should be inside the battery compartment of the drone. If it is less than 12 months since the date of registering the drone then the repair work should be guaranteed if DJI deem the fault to be caused by a manufacturer defect and not a previous crash or pilot error. They will require evidence of receipt of purchase though so that will be your main hurdle. Thinking about it, I wouldn't go down that road as he may then claim the drone back from you after the repairs are done. I would try and contact him again and go around in person if necessary - if still no joy then seek legal advice mate and know your position. Your problem may have been made worse by accepting the P4A - he could claim that you agreed to that (nothing in writing to prove otherwise) and that you broke it... This could get messy!
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-19 08:02
I wish you good luck but also would start preparing for legal steps to be taken before that dealer will disappear for good.

Have already chatted to my Lawyers about it
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-6-19 09:14
You can raise a new thread on here and address it FAO DJI Administrators with the serial number which should be inside the battery compartment of the drone. If it is less than 12 months since the date of registering the drone then the repair work should be guaranteed if DJI deem the fault to be caused by a manufacturer defect and not a previous crash or pilot error. They will require evidence of receipt of purchase though so that will be your main hurdle. Thinking about it, I wouldn't go down that road as he may then claim the drone back from you after the repairs are done. I would try and contact him again and go around in person if necessary - if still no joy then seek legal advice mate and know your position. Your problem may have been made worse by accepting the P4A - he could claim that you agreed to that (nothing in writing to prove otherwise) and that you broke it... This could could messy!

You are so right, I should not have accepted the pro like you mentioned but did not think about it then. I have chatted to my lawyer and waiting for them to now make contact with him
2018-6-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-6-19 09:42
You are so right, I should not have accepted the pro like you mentioned but did not think about it then. I have chatted to my lawyer and waiting for them to now make contact with him

Serious stuff - I hope you get a good outcome mate. Fingers crossed for you.
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-6-19 09:44

Thanks Andy               
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-6-19 09:44

I see this Guy just mailed me now claiming to have ordered me another Pro and said I should get it hopefully before the end of the week which is great if he keeps to his word
2018-6-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-6-19 10:11
I see this Guy just mailed me now claiming to have ordered me another Pro and said I should get it hopefully before the end of the week which is great if he keeps to his word

Thank him - give him a dead line and forward the email to your lawyer.
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-6-19 10:12
Thank him - give him a dead line and forward the email to your lawyer.

I did thank him and said can not wait, will send it to my lawyer as well. Thanks for the advise
2018-6-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-6-19 10:14
I did thank him and said can not wait, will send it to my lawyer as well. Thanks for the advise

No worries - at least he's responded and by placing it in an email format with his name on it he has accepted liability (whether he realises that or not is not your problem). Keep it amicable and pleasant. Be careful not to get angry as he could claim that he stopped communication with you through feeling threatened. These are delicate situations but it seems like he's playing ball so that's good news and best to wait for him to deliver now.
My brother-in-law is the Senior Vice President of Legal Affairs for the NBA EMEA Region so he fills me in on these things
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-6-19 10:27
No worries - at least he's responded and by placing it in an email format with his name on it he has accepted liability (whether he realises that or not is not your problem). Keep it amicable and pleasant. Be careful not to get angry as he could claim that he stopped communication with you through feeling threatened. These are delicate situations but it seems like he's playing ball so that's good news and best to wait for him to deliver now.
My brother-in-law is the Senior Vice President of Legal Affairs for the NBA EMEA Region so he fills me in on these things

Thanks Andy, handy to have someone in the family that knows the law. He seems to be answering now on mails so he said Friday will give him till then and Yes he has accepted responsibility via mail so he is now liable, just hopes he keeps to his word
2018-6-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-6-19 10:30
Thanks Andy, handy to have someone in the family that knows the law. He seems to be answering now on mails so he said Friday will give him till then and Yes he has accepted responsibility via mail so he is now liable, just hopes he keeps to his word

They usually do mate when a lawyer gets involved. He's got three days, not four!
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-6-19 10:33
They usually do mate when a lawyer gets involved. He's got three days, not four!

Correct, hopefully he does not let this drag out the legal route need all my money buying a new house
2018-6-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-6-19 10:39
Correct, hopefully he does not let this drag out the legal route need all my money buying a new house

That is the down side mate hence, keep it nice and friendly - it's like a mini divorce LOL
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-6-19 10:40
That is the down side mate hence, keep it nice and friendly - it's like a mini divorce LOL

I will be divorced if the Mrs finds out. She already asked about the phantom and I said a friend loaned it to me to use
2018-6-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-6-19 10:42
I will be divorced if the Mrs finds out. She already asked about the phantom and I said a friend loaned it to me to use

She doesn't need to know mate - trust me LOL
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-6-19 10:45
She doesn't need to know mate - trust me LOL

Yup keeping it nice and quiet
2018-6-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-6-19 10:46
Yup keeping it nice and quiet

2018-6-19
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Oh man this is crazy.  It sounds like it will work out and am sure helped getting a lawyer involved.  Sounds like you should have a brand new one shortly.  

And about the wife bro.  Tell her the truth trust me.  Am sure she would be understanding saying you were just trying to get your original one replaced and well tell her the whole story.  
2018-6-19
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

when I try to fly it getting vision sensor errors and motor propulsion warning on the monitor screen.

Would not be a place I would be trying to get my drone fixed that is for sure.
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-19 10:47
Oh man this is crazy.  It sounds like it will work out and am sure helped getting a lawyer involved.  Sounds like you should have a brand new one shortly.  

And about the wife bro.  Tell her the truth trust me.  Am sure she would be understanding saying you were just trying to get your original one replaced and well tell her the whole story.

Thanks Sparks. Just need my good Pro back with the exception to the camera the drone was rock solid so disappointed really. About the wife, that is a whole other story trust me, I will be in the dog box for that
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-19 10:54
when I try to fly it getting vision sensor errors and motor propulsion warning on the monitor screen.

Was actually forced to take it to them. Bought it from that store so they carry the warranty
2018-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh boy.
Hope you get it back!
2018-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-19 22:41
Oh boy.
Hope you get it back!

Thanks Buddy   
2018-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2018-6-20
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

I would be seeking legal advice.
2018-6-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-6-20 07:58
I would be seeking legal advice.

I have handed this to my lawyer Jack who is looking into the matter,
2018-6-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-6-20 08:09
I have handed this to my lawyer Jack who is looking into the matter,

Anymore updates from the seller mate or has all gone quiet? Not a bad thing if it has.
2018-6-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-6-20 08:49
Anymore updates from the seller mate or has all gone quiet? Not a bad thing if it has.

Thanks for asking Andy, he has gone quite today. Leaving him till Friday
2018-6-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suspect the owner is running a  Ponzi scheme style business here.

They are probably swapping aircrafts around to different owners the same way you ended up with that P4A. That’s probably not the owner’s own P4A that’s probably someone else’s that came in earlier with issues looking to get business handled.

That P4A sounds broken or defective so it’s unlikely the shop owners because he or she would likely have a working one.

And as typical of such swapping and ponzu schemes they dip and run away, hide, etc.  basically vanish so you can’t come running back in on them.

Best bet you can do is go to the police right now, surrender that phantom drone, and with your atterony work it out and detail everything to the police in both written and verbal form.

If this is a real scheme the longer you wait the harder it will be to win your specific case.  

You should always make hidden identifiable marks on your drone Incase it’s stolen then Recovered and all serial numbers are removed (don’t count on them plugging the drone in to read anything).. you can point to a marking you made and show a photo to prove it’s exactly that.   What I have done with my mavic Pro is I have 4 dots from a silver sharpie under the camera gimbal in each corner wher eit mounts,  it doesn’t look too out of place and could even pass as a factory thing but no other mavic will have that hidden there. Plus it’s a real chore to clean off and unlikely that anyone doing a quick scam will touch that but they will strip serial numbers if they can or fake them. So if it’s recovered you need a way to prove that it is your own.
2018-6-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-20 09:19
I suspect the owner is running a  Ponzi scheme style business here.

They are probably swapping aircrafts around to different owners the same way you ended up with that P4A. That’s probably not the owner’s own P4A that’s probably someone else’s that came in earlier with issues looking to get business handled.

I doubt it is a scheme, this shop has been running for years but it seems that his staff member was up to no good. He assured me this Friday I will have my drone and if he fails I have already engaged my lawyers who will then take it further. I did some homework on his P4 and it is the + version because it also has a screen on the RC so worth alot. If he fails to give mine i will sell his with the 4 batteries he gave me and get another pro.
2018-6-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-6-20 09:29
I doubt it is a scheme, this shop has been running for years but it seems that his staff member was up to no good. He assured me this Friday I will have my drone and if he fails I have already engaged my lawyers who will then take it further. I did some homework on his P4 and it is the + version because it also has a screen on the RC so worth alot. If he fails to give mine i will sell his with the 4 batteries he gave me and get another pro.

well maybe its not on same level. but it definitely sounds suspicious and would have me protecting myself either way....  i would me worried that the P4A that i was handed was hot or someone else's since no way to verify who really owns it or not.  and what if the owner contacted police to report you for stealing it..? how would you get out of that situation without proof of purchase or some method of verifying?

next time if this ever happens, dont accept the exchange as collateral.   instead tell whoever, that they fix the issue asap..or the police get called, no other way.   and that's not unreasonable request. if you are getting nowhere with them,    have your attorney deliver a letter to them giving them a deadline before legal proceedings.
2018-6-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-6-20 08:58
Thanks for asking Andy, he has gone quite today. Leaving him till Friday

That's cool - you know the score   
2018-6-20
Use props