DJI warranty
579 5 2018-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

Due to my random and unexplained loss of signal I decided to send it back to DJI for troubleshooting.
I opened the case, filled the online form and got the UPS label. Before shipping I called tech support to find out about lead times and warranty coverage.
Bad news on both fronts. The customer service rep said the turn around time is 2-3 weeks. However the more troublesome issue is the warranty coverage.
The guy said that after their review they will consider if the issue is covered or not under warranty; “only manufacturing defects are covered”.
They make the hardware, they write the software so I cannot understand how the consumer can be liable.
Very disappointing how they don’t stand behind their products!
I now have second thoughts whether I should send the unit or not...
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for raising your concern here, however, our repair team needs to receive your unit first so that they could be able to do some damage asses to your aircraft then after they already done with the process and found out that the issue caused not by a pilot user, we will be covered by warranty, however the unit needs to be under warranty first and we should have proof of purchase as well for us to be covered. Please see the link below for further details regarding with our Aftersales policy service.
https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer
2018-6-19
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-19 16:01
Hi, thank you for raising your concern here, however, our repair team needs to receive your unit first so that they could be able to do some damage asses to your aircraft then after they already done with the process and found out that the issue caused not by a pilot user, we will be covered by warranty, however the unit needs to be under warranty first and we should have proof of purchase as well for us to be covered. Please see the link below for further details regarding with our Aftersales policy service.
https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer

Hi Tony, there is no damage to asses. The issue is signal loss no different than what so many other users from this forum are experiencing. It cannot be caused by the user. As far as proof of purchase, it has already been submitted to DJI when I registered the unit, when I bought the refresh care and when I opened the case last week. The DJI customer service team should do a better job at keeping those records.
The Mavic Air has only 6-7 months in the market so it is certainly under your warranty period.
Unfortunately your well intended answer is as empty and canned as what I got from your tech support on the phone.
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

nywrecker Posted at 2018-6-19 18:50
Hi Tony, there is no damage to asses. The issue is signal loss no different than what so many other users from this forum are experiencing. It cannot be caused by the user. As far as proof of purchase, it has already been submitted to DJI when I registered the unit, when I bought the refresh care and when I opened the case last week. The DJI customer service team should do a better job at keeping those records.
The Mavic Air has only 6-7 months in the market so it is certainly under your warranty period.
Unfortunately your well intended answer is as empty and canned as what I got from your tech support on the phone.

Sorry to know Tony's reply didn't satisfy you, but he is right, we will need to test the drone firstly to verify what the problem is and if it will be covered by the warranty, that is the procedure we need to abide by, please kindly send in the drone firstly and our repair center will take care of it, no worries. GTScreenshot_20180620_113745.png
2018-6-19
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-19 19:41
Sorry to know Tony's reply didn't satisfy you, but he is right, we will need to test the drone firstly to verify what the problem is and if it will be covered by the warranty, that is the procedure we need to abide by, please kindly send in the drone firstly and our repair center will take care of it, no worries.[view_image]

Mindy, pls clarify what would happen if DJI says that there is nothing wrong with the drone. That is all my local interference. Would there be a charge for the assessment?
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

nywrecker Posted at 2018-6-20 05:10
Mindy, pls clarify what would happen if DJI says that there is nothing wrong with the drone. That is all my local interference. Would there be a charge for the assessment?

If everything works well, it will be free of charge if the unit is still under warranty period. For your case,  you might try in another open field without interference to exclude this possibility.
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules