LG V30 with OM2
5941 26 2018-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5827865c
New
Flight distance : 77897 ft

Hi Everybody,
I would like to know if you have any solution for me to use my OM2 and to rec in 4k with the DJI GO APP Version 3.1.38
I know that it works with some manufactures but why not all ?
Thank you for your awnser.
Oliver.
2018-6-19
Use props
Raverty
lvl.1

I'm looking for an answer to this question as well. I just got the DJI osmo mobile 2 and after installing the app the only video resolutions available are 1080p and 720p. No 4k option or frame rate option?

I have an LG V30 as well. It's one of the best Android phones on the market for viseo. Seems extremely odd that 4k resolution and frame-rate selection wouldn't be available in the app when it is natively on the phones camera.

2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. We do apologize for the inconvenience you're having. Did you try to reinstall the app? Is the firmware updated? Have you tried to use a different mobile device?
2018-6-20
Use props
Raverty
lvl.1

So I just got done talking with DJI Support on Facebook, and was told this.

From DJI Support:
"Currently, 4K resolution is not available for all mobile devices, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Here is the supported list we have tested: Samsung S8, Samsung S7 Edge, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 plus, Huawei P10, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, MI Max, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE. Temporarily, we suggest to use HID function for 4K resolution, which means when you connect to Osmo Mobile's Bluetooth, you can also use the stock Camera APP in your phone for shooting, Osmo Mobile could just to a stabilizer. The shutter and video buttons in the handle can be used to control the volume button on your phone, thereby to trigger the video and picture taking."

The LG V30 is one of the newest android phones, and is arguably the best smartphone for video, with all the camera settings an options it offers. The LG V30 natively shoots 4k at 30fps and 1080p at 60 fps. Currently, none of these options are available on the DJI GO app. You have a choice between 1080p and 720p. No other video resolutions available or frame rate selection. This said, a product "DJI Osmo Mobile 2" that is designed for capturing video with a smartphone should work with "the best smartphones"

"Of the 432 million smartphones sold in the last quarter, 352 million ran on andriod (81.7%) and 77 million ran on iOS (17.9%)"

Why wouldn't DJI make sure there apps work with the majority of smartphone users? There are multiple posts saying that DJI products work better on iOS. Am i required to use an apple product to have access to all of the DJI product features? I know that last comment is a bit hyperbolic, but you get the point.

I Have a DJI drone, and love it. The Osmo mobile 2 is a great product as well, but this issue with their app not working with the majority of android devices is a HUGE turn off and seems like a no brainer in terms of marketing. Does your app work with the majority of smartphones? No.

I really hope the devs who work on the app are actively working on a fix to this problem. It would be awesome to get an actual response from a dev (or someone in the know) as to how they are addressing this issue and when we can accept to have access to all the features. DJI is a flagship company, with premium products. I don't think its to much to ask for fully functioning software. (apps)

2018-6-21
Use props
Joseph.Thiakane
New

#Quciao..sono nuovo.possiedo un cellulare LG V30 PLUS con Android 8 installato dentro..vorrei acquistare il DJI MOBILE 2 però vorrei sapere se veramente compatibile col mio cellulare ick Reply Here#
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. The LG V30 PLUS is not yet listed as a part of the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. We highly recommend you to use a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. Let me post the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 for reference.

2018-7-14
Use props
Oz Moose
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-14 06:46
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. The LG V30 PLUS is not yet listed as a part of the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. We highly recommend you to use a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. Let me post the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 for reference.

[view_image]

Yeah.... LG G6 is listed there yet I cannot record above 1080p/30fps....

I feel like I've wasted my money.

If I wanted a gimbal purely for stabilisation, I should have just bought a cheapo $80 gimbal.

If I can't use 4K, or even 1080p/60fps within your app the other features such as active track are irrelevant...
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Oz Moose Posted at 2018-7-15 13:07
Yeah.... LG G6 is listed there yet I cannot record above 1080p/30fps....

I feel like I've wasted my money.

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, we will forward this scenario to our R&D engineers for clarification, anyway, what specific Osmo mobile do you have? Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-7-15
Use props
Oz Moose
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-15 13:16
Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, we will forward this scenario to our R&D engineers for clarification, anyway, what specific Osmo mobile do you have? Your patience is highly appreciated.

Osmo Mobile 2
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the reply. Once I get the result I will get back to you as soon as possible.
2018-7-15
Use props
Druids
New
Canada

Hi, any fix on this issue? I have an LG V30 as well and supported resolution on OM2 for this phone is a problem. Please let LG V30 users what to expect to? Should we return the OM2 or is there to be a fix?
Thanks.
2018-9-12
Use props
Bulldoges
New
Flight distance : 22536 ft
Australia

Has this been fixed yet I still can only Flim 1080P I have LG V30+
2018-9-25
Use props
fans647c8a9f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 533219 ft
Switzerland

This is a joke - how many times will DJI check with their engineers on such a premium flagship phone? Surely DJI should have the budget to obtain all the top flagship Android based smartphones and find a way of making them compatible!!! Come on DJI - pull your finger out and solve this! LG offer one of the best video platforms available... You'd be making a lot of OSMO 2 users very happy!!!
2018-10-2
Use props
SkyRecord
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164580 ft

South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-15 14:19
Thank you for the reply. Once I get the result I will get back to you as soon as possible.

What are the results??? I also have a LG G6 and no 4k or frame rate selection...there must be a fix by now?????
2018-10-8
Use props
fans647c8a9f
lvl.1
France

The irony is that there will be a packaged deal with the nrw LG v40 - one of these deals is packaged with tje OSMO 2
2018-10-10
Use props
SkyRecord
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164580 ft

South Africa

SkyRecord Posted at 2018-10-8 21:17
What are the results??? I also have a LG G6 and no 4k or frame rate selection...there must be a fix by now?????

DJI Stephen??? Please reply
2018-10-11
Use props
Claudiu Tudor Bancila
New

I actually just preordered the LG V40 and it supports 4K at 60 fps. It will come with a DJI Osmo Mobile 2 for free as part of the preorder deal. Will the brand new LG Flagship phone be compatible for 4K recording??
2018-10-13
Use props
fans647c8a9f
lvl.1
Switzerland

Claudiu - please let us know. I guess DJI Stephen will be apologetic as usual and nothing will change after his discussion with their engineers... My guess is he opens a ticket with the engineers and nothing ever happens in regards to a reply. Not cool... :-/
2018-10-14
Use props
Claudiu Tudor Bancila
New

Oh I definitely will! I have been doing a lot of research towards that question and i cannot find any answers on that. It’s upsetting!!
2018-10-14
Use props
thetoolwiz
New

United States

I see that LG is offering a free OM2 with pre-orders of their new V40. I have a V30 and I just ordered an OM2 from Amazon to use with it. Then I searched around and discovered that DJI does not have support for either the LG V30 or V40. I see in this thread nothing but apologies and suggesting that people switch to a phone that you support.

I cannot imagine the revolt that will happen when LG customers who pre-ordered a V40 that comes with an OM2 discover the OM2 is not supported for LG phones.

Perhaps your Marketing department, who obviously arranged this marriage between the V40 and OM2 many many months ago, should have visited your support page here first to learn that your Engineering Dept has no plans to support either the V30 or V40.

I'm really glad I found this thread, because I won't bother to pre-order a V40. And I guess I'll have to return the OM2, since I'm not about to switch my phone to use it.
2018-10-14
Use props
thetoolwiz
New

United States

This IS the vendor for whom you say your OM2 app doesn't support their latest phones, right?

www_lg_com/us/mobile-phones/v40-thinq/promotion

2018-10-14
Use props
thetoolwiz
New

United States

This IS the vendor for whom you say your OM2 app doesn't support their latest phones, right?

2018-10-14
Use props
Errrrik
lvl.1
United States

thetoolwiz Posted at 2018-10-14 19:48
I see that LG is offering a free OM2 with pre-orders of their new V40. I have a V30 and I just ordered an OM2 from Amazon to use with it. Then I searched around and discovered that DJI does not have support for either the LG V30 or V40. I see in this thread nothing but apologies and suggesting that people switch to a phone that you support.

I cannot imagine the revolt that will happen when LG customers who pre-ordered a V40 that comes with an OM2 discover the OM2 is not supported for LG phones.

You may as well. I just got the OM2 and not all that happy with it. A buddy of mine is giving me his zhiyun smooth 4 for $75; i'll be picking that up this weekend. If I like it better, I'll be returning the OM2. If I'm not crazy about the Zhiyun, then I'll most likely get the Hohem and return the OM2. So regardless of what happens, I'll be returning the OM2.

To be honest, I was originally going to get the Hohem- it may be something for  you to consider. I have a Samsung S9+, you may want to see how it works with an LG. It seems like one of the more Android user-friendly gimbals out there. I thought the DJI was but between this and the Mavic Pro 2 I just got, it doesn't seem to be a company that prides its self with good Android support. From what I understand, Zhiyun may also be focused on Apple as well- but we'll see.
2018-10-18
Use props
djiuser_X7ngUEOPUZux
New

Canada

Errrrik Posted at 10-18 11:02
You may as well. I just got the OM2 and not all that happy with it. A buddy of mine is giving me his zhiyun smooth 4 for $75; i'll be picking that up this weekend. If I like it better, I'll be returning the OM2. If I'm not crazy about the Zhiyun, then I'll most likely get the Hohem and return the OM2. So regardless of what happens, I'll be returning the OM2.

To be honest, I was originally going to get the Hohem- it may be something for  you to consider. I have a Samsung S9+, you may want to see how it works with an LG. It seems like one of the more Android user-friendly gimbals out there. I thought the DJI was but between this and the Mavic Pro 2 I just got, it doesn't seem to be a company that prides its self with good Android support. From what I understand, Zhiyun may also be focused on Apple as well- but we'll see.

Yup. DJI is just another silly Chinese company. Not supporting the LG V30 is ridiculous. I purchased the OM2 and after 3 days of trying to get it to work, I found out that DJI didn't support it. Much like the DJI drone I purchased (new for $1,200 CA), this is my last transaction with DJI. Goodbye forever ..........
2018-11-8
Use props
Russki
New
United States

thetoolwiz Posted at 10-14 22:15

Yup this is PATHETIC. A phone that is bundled for a pre-order promo and it is not on the supported phone list. When I purchased the phone I figured it may not be on the list right now but when it comes out they will change it.

Well I just received my OM2 yesterday and sure it works, but no 4k resolution, no picking framerates, no slo mo recording, and I dont know if this is supposed to be an option but I want it to record as it pans like a motion timelapse but in regular video.

So the gimbal works as just a gimbal but the software is what is supposed to make a gimbal special. Lock onto a target and be able to walk around it, or follow a target as you move yourself, or have smooth pans without needing to be holding it. Now if I want to do this in 4K  or slow mo, TOO BAD says DJI. Even in another post I saw a DJI rep say that the fix for getting 4K was to go to IOS. REALLY REALLY REALLY??? I bought this phone in the assumption that since it is bundled together with OM2 that all the features will work, yet I get a downgraded piece of junk that isnt even all that stable to begin with. Ill be selling mine to a friend with an IOS phone and they can deal with it.
2018-12-2
Use props
pvcleave
New

United States

So I was about to order OM2, and thought I would check it's LG V30 compatibility with 4K. Is it still not compatible?
2019-1-17
Use props
Stefan Kozovski
New

Bulgaria

pvcleave Posted at 2019-1-17 16:39
So I was about to order OM2, and thought I would check it's LG V30 compatibility with 4K. Is it still not compatible?

It's not working. Just tried it. 1080p is all we got. I have it for year now. I hoped they will release update for thing that small. Now I need to sell my birthday present and go with another brand. F*ck those clowns. I wanted a drone as well, but they don't deserve putting trust in them. Pathetic.
2020-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules