Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Scammed by DJI
1470 16 2018-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donniesmiller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4619 ft
United States

Currently having problems with Phantom 4 controller not charging. I sent it back to DJI to be repaired, and was sent back a refurbished controller.  After a few months the refurbished controller is now not charging either. But now it is out of warranty. Shouldn’t this still be covered under the warranty because it the same issue. They are trying to charge me $227 to fix the controller, but a new one can be bought brand new for $299.  I feel like DJI has put out defective equipment and is now just making the customers pay for it.
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Donnie, sorry to hear that, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-1882217-Q2P3K4, per the damage assessment, RC has physical damage to the antenna, your concern has been escalated before and our supervisor has contacted you about the battery issue, but it seems he didn't mention the RC, we will inform our supervisor to contact you again to make it clear, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-6-20
Use props
Donniesmiller
lvl.1
United States

There was no damage to the  antennas when I shipped it. So it was either damaged by the shipping or the tech. That is not even the reason I sent it in for. The controller won’t hold a charge. This is the second controller that has done this to me with in a year and a half. I understand that if this was the first time sending it in, the warranty would be expired. But this 2 controllers in a year and a half. Should still be covered. Also they never said what the damage was to the  antennas.
2018-6-20
Use props
Donniesmiller
lvl.1
United States

So apparently, DJI does not stand behind its products. DJI is just out to make a quick buck. This company is out to scam it’s customers. Thanks for nothing.
2018-6-20
Use props
Donniesmiller
lvl.1
United States

DJI is GARBAGE!!!

DJI is out to scam it’s customers.  Controller wouldn’t charge so sent it in 7 months after purchasing. The took over 2 months to review and send me out a defective refurbished one. (Which burned up the rest of my warranty). The refurbished controller only has a warranty of 30 days, (which is burned up by the shipping). Then when the refurbished controller failed for the same reason, all DJI can do is send you a bill to fix it. The price to fix it is about the same as buying a new controller.  So if they fix it the warranty is only good for 30 days, New is a year warranty. Way to to go DJI, you just lost a loyal customer, I hope your scams sink your company.  Your customer service is a joke.

Buyers Beware.
2018-6-20
Use props
Donniesmiller
lvl.1
United States

DJI is GARBAGE!!!

DJI is out to scam it’s customers.  Controller wouldn’t charge so sent it in 7 months after purchasing. The took over 2 months to review and send me out a defective refurbished one. (Which burned up the rest of my warranty). The refurbished controller only has a warranty of 30 days, (which is burned up by the shipping). Then when the refurbished controller failed for the same reason, all DJI can do is send you a bill to fix it. The price to fix it is about the same as buying a new controller.  So if they fix it the warranty is only good for 30 days, New is a year warranty. Way to to go DJI, you just lost a loyal customer, I hope your scams sink your company.  Your customer service is a joke.

Buyers Beware.
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Donniesmiller, we're terribly sorry for what happened. I'd like to check on your concern further. Can you please provide us the case number?
2018-6-20
Use props
Donniesmiller
lvl.1
United States

CAS-1882217-Q2P3K4
2018-6-20
Use props
Donniesmiller
lvl.1
United States

Just got the final email from DJI, saying I used the failed controller for months after it failed. Do not know how that is possible. DJI is trying ever reason to not to have to repair their failing equipment.
2018-6-20
Use props
psara
lvl.2

Australia

Welcome to the world of DJI Customer Service ......

Money 1st, customer 2nd.
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Donnie, I'm afraid we will need to merge your thread since you have started the several duplicated threads, no worries, we will keep following up your issue, please keep us updated in the previous one, thanks for your understanding.
2018-6-20
Use props
Donniesmiller
lvl.1
United States

I’ve already been told that DJI will not cover my issue. This company has denied my claim stating that it’s been broken for other reasons then what I have sent it in for.  The controller was not physically damaged when I sent it in. I’m tired of the run around I’m getting from this company. I can not believe this how they treat their customers. I will not be doing business with DJI any longer.
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Donniesmiller Posted at 2018-6-20 18:37
I’ve already been told that DJI will not cover my issue. This company has denied my claim stating that it’s been broken for other reasons then what I have sent it in for.  The controller was not physically damaged when I sent it in. I’m tired of the run around I’m getting from this company. I can not believe this how they treat their customers. I will not be doing business with DJI any longer.

I have verified with the related team, the RC has also been out of warranty period. The RC was replaced once before, but the warranty period is still the same as the original one, which was purchased in January, 2017. Sorry that we cannot provide warranty service on your case, hope your kind understanding.
2018-6-21
Use props
Donniesmiller
lvl.1
United States

That’s what I told you from the beginning. So you have now wasted my time also. If your product is having the same problem, it should be covered under the original warranty. I can’t believe that you guys think this is ok to do to your customers. Just by reading all the other threads, DJ I is a crappy company.

Everyone beware of the scams this company is playing.
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Donniesmiller Posted at 2018-6-21 05:01
That’s what I told you from the beginning. So you have now wasted my time also. If your product is having the same problem, it should be covered under the original warranty. I can’t believe that you guys think this is ok to do to your customers. Just by reading all the other threads, DJ I is a crappy company.

Everyone beware of the scams this company is playing.

I'm afraid that free service is not available after the warranty has been expired, we sincerely apologize if this bothers you. If you do not want to repair, please kindly advise, we'll forward to the local team to return the unit without repair, thanks for your understanding.
2018-6-21
Use props
Donniesmiller
lvl.1
United States

Free service? Are you kidding? It’s a defective part. Your not doing me a favor by fixing something that is broken because your crappy products. I can’t believe you even said that. What a joke of a company.
2018-6-21
Use props
Donniesmiller
lvl.1
United States

I have already told 3 people to send me back the broken junk.
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules