3117 69 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

So as many of you know, I crashed on 6/16/18.  Just to keep a running tally on how the repair process goes, and what happens, I'll start posting updates in this thread.
Thanks for all of the well wishes thus far.  If you're not aware, (and are interested), here is the story.  And this is how the repair/customer service story starts.

Right after the crash (Saturday evening) I came in the house and began the procedure to open a case and prepare the MA for shipping.  I did not have to interact with anyone, (because it was pilot error and not mechanical).  The form was easy to fill out, and they immediately sent the shipping label to me.  I was out in the South Carolina country, and there was nowhere close to take the MA for shipping, so I boxed it, labeled it, and waited until i got home to drop it off at a UPS location.

It was picked up on Monday 6/18 and headed off to the repair facility in Texas.  I know it's not supposed to arrive in TX, until Thursday, but I'm still checking everyday (multiple times a day) to see where it is.  It made it through Alabama and just left Mississippi this morning.  It should make it to TX by this evening, and get delivered to DJI tomorrow.

I'll update this whenever I get another update.  
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I read your story and I'm sorry to hear that. I can help you check the latest updates on your case. Please provide your case number. Thank you.
2018-6-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-20 04:39
Hi, I read your story and I'm sorry to hear that. I can help you check the latest updates on your case. Please provide your case number. Thank you.

Thanks Paladin.  The case is CAS-1899497-H4C3S9

There probably isn't anything in it as of yet, because DJI hasn't even received the bird.
2018-6-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Today, my MA made it Mesquite TX.  Currently about 40 miles from it's destination.  One day left...
2018-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

They have very good tracking of the progress.
Even the repair was split in phases when I had my MP repaired.
2018-6-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-20 12:19
They have very good tracking of the progress.
Even the repair was split in phases when I had my MP repaired.

I've heard that.  Right now, I can only watch the shipping,  but once it's in their hands, I'll monitor the progress through their repair tracking.
2018-6-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

3-D Posted at 2018-6-20 13:02
I've heard that.  Right now, I can only watch the shipping,  but once it's in their hands, I'll monitor the progress through their repair tracking.

I am following your thread with great interest. Your country is big and shipping seems to take quite a while. In mine it would have been in "their hands" next day or the following at the very latest.
2018-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I've heard that.  Right now, I can only watch the shipping,  but once it's in their hands, I'll monitor the progress through their repair tracking.

Hope you will get it back soon
2018-6-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've heard that.  Right now, I can only watch the shipping,  but once it's in their hands, I'll monitor the progress through their repair tracking.

Won't be long now!
2018-6-20
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

I’m watching yours along with mine. My problem is nowhere near as bad as yours however. Just a faulty battery. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get back.
2018-6-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-20 13:11
I am following your thread with great interest. Your country is big and shipping seems to take quite a while. In mine it would have been in "their hands" next day or the following at the very latest.

Yeah, it could have been there faster, but I just accepted the shipping label that the sent me.  I could have shipped it next day, but decided I could wait.  That was probably a bad decision.  
2018-6-20
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

3-D Posted at 2018-6-20 15:26
Yeah, it could have been there faster, but I just accepted the shipping label that the sent me.  I could have shipped it next day, but decided I could wait.  That was probably a bad decision.

I wish you all the luck in the world.  I hope that your repair is done quickly and effectively.  I was just wondering something that maybe one of the administrators can answer.  IF by chance, I should need the repair centers services, could I save some time by simply driving to Grapevine, Texas and just drop it off with them?  It would be silly if I had to box it up and ship it to them when they are only 6 miles away from me.  

Not that I'm planning on needing their services anytime soon.  Hopefully.  

Looking forward to hearing how your tale turns out.  
2018-6-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So i just checked again, and the MA has left Mesquite TX, on it's way to Grapevine, where the service center is.  So it will be out for delivery tomorrow morning.   And then it's on DJI.  I'm hopeful that when they send me the quote i'll be able to pay for expedited return shipping.  We'll see starting tomorrow!
2018-6-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vlas Posted at 2018-6-20 14:05
I’m watching yours along with mine. My problem is nowhere near as bad as yours however. Just a faulty battery. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get back.

Good luck to you!
2018-6-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-20 15:46
So i just checked again, and the MA has left Mesquite TX, on it's way to Grapevine, where the service center is.  So it will be out for delivery tomorrow morning.   And then it's on DJI.  I'm hopeful that when they send me the quote i'll be able to pay for expedited return shipping.  We'll see starting tomorrow!

Best of Luck!
2018-6-20
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Best of luck buddy!

I remember there was a Canadian here on the general or perhaps MP forums who also tracked his shipping and repair process, and it was so so... Looking forward to watching this thread and see how things go for you!

Cheers
2018-6-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.  I'm going to stay optimistic..  Worst case scenario is that i wait a month and end up buying the new "whatever it is" in July.  
2018-6-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-20 17:30
Best of luck buddy!

I remember there was a Canadian here on the general or perhaps MP forums who also tracked his shipping and repair process, and it was so so... Looking forward to watching this thread and see how things go for you!

Thanks!  Let's hope this goes well.  I'll post the process as it goes.
2018-6-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-20 17:52
Thanks.  I'm going to stay optimistic..  Worst case scenario is that i wait a month and end up buying the new "whatever it is" in July.

Should it become a ''worst case scenario'', hope "whatever it is" - Flies.

2018-6-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-20 18:04
Should it become a ''worst case scenario'', hope "whatever it is" - Flies.

good point.   

Please allow me to amend my previous statement.   ...If this repair goes sideways, I'm prepared to buy a new bird.  Whatever it may be.
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

No worries, our repair center will take good care of your drone, you can always contact our Forum admins if you need any assistance. Hope everything goes smoothly.
2018-6-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-20 18:46
No worries, our repair center will take good care of your drone, you can always contact our Forum admins if you need any assistance. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Thanks Mindy!
2018-6-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

6/21/18 - 7:45 am - Package out for delivery this morning to DJI service center.

Here we go...
2018-6-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

3-D Posted at 2018-6-21 03:49
6/21/18 - 7:45 am - Package out for delivery this morning to DJI service center.

Here we go...

Suspense is growing... ;-)
2018-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

3-D Posted at 2018-6-21 03:49

Here we go...

Just be aware , your drone may sit on a shelf for up to 3 days before package is opened, but once package has been opened and drone assessed, and you either have to pay use CR or warranty, your drone will be replaced or repaired very quickly and returned.

I’ve seen many being worried at this delay before package is opened , it just seems to be part of dji’s process . Hopefully you will get it back for when you need it.

Also because of long delay in your shipping, you could try asking a moderator here if your shipping plan can be upgraded to express, you may have to pay but it should be there if you need it.
2018-6-21
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-21 03:51
Suspense is growing... ;-)

...by the moment.

I find myself checking every few hours just to see if anything has changed.  I don't know what to expect from the updates when DJI has it.  Montfrooij said that his repair was split in phases, so i hope that i'll see those phases in the updates.
2018-6-21
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-21 04:24
Just be aware , your drone may sit on a shelf for up to 3 days before package is opened, but once package has been opened and drone assessed, and you either have to pay use CR or warranty, your drone will be replaced or repaired very quickly and returned.

I’ve seen many being worried at this delay before package is opened , it just seems to be part of dji’s process . Hopefully you will get it back for when you need it.

I'm not looking forward to it, but am prepared to have to wait until they get to it.  I'm not under any misconception that it will go from the dock to somebody's workbench.  It's not like I'm the only one that has an aircraft out for repair, right?  Also,  I fully plan to request expedited return shipping.   I'm already twitching.  It's been clear and sunny outside lately.  Yesterday was the first rainy day since my crash.
2018-6-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-21 04:33
I'm not looking forward to it, but am prepared to have to wait until they get to it.  I'm not under any misconception that it will go from the dock to somebody's workbench.  It's not like I'm the only one that has an aircraft out for repair, right?  Also,  I fully plan to request expedited return shipping.   I'm already twitching.  It's been clear and sunny outside lately.  Yesterday was the first rainy day since my crash.

I'm already twitching.  It's been clear and sunny outside lately.

You need to buy two more Drones.
One for repair.  One to fly with.  One for backup.

2018-6-21
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-21 07:52
I'm already twitching.  It's been clear and sunny outside lately.

You need to buy two more Drones.

I agree.  I'm waiting on the information about the tello I just won.  and I'm seriously excited about what is coming in July.  If it turns out to be a Mavic Pro 2 then I will likely add that to the hangar.  If the announcement is something other than, as my dad called it "one of them new fangled flyin machines" then i'll probably start looking around for an MPP.  My wife has taken an interest in flying as well, so it shouldn't be that hard to sell.  Having the choice of what to fly will be cool, and also in the (apparently likely) event that one needs repair, I won't look like pooky from New Jack City.
2018-6-21
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So my MA has finally been delivered to the Service Center.   It's in the hands of DJI now...
2018-6-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

3-D Posted at 2018-6-21 12:10
So my MA has finally been delivered to the Service Center.   It's in the hands of DJI now...

Phase 1 has started unless you want to count the shipment as well, then it's phase 2 now. I cross my fingers!
2018-6-21
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So, just as an update, my MA was shipped to DJI and arrived on Thursday around 14:30 local time.
The DJI case still shows it's status as in shipping.  I'll update this again when it shows as 'received' by DJI.  Hoping that is soon.
2018-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3-D Posted at 2018-6-23 03:22
So, just as an update, my MA was shipped to DJI and arrived on Thursday around 14:30 local time.
The DJI case still shows it's status as in shipping.  I'll update this again when it shows as 'received' by DJI.  Hoping that is soon.

This is fairly normal practice although a bit peculiar, usually when your package is opened it should move quickly, might help to give your case number to a moderator here.
2018-6-23
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-23 03:30
This is fairly normal practice although a bit peculiar, usually when your package is opened it should move quickly, might help to give your case number to a moderator here.

Yeah, I'm being patient about it.  I was going to give them until Monday before I start to get nervous.  Assuming they work on Saturdays, that would give them 2 days to get it into their system as received.  They say that it will take 7-10 days, so i expect that the first 3-4 of those are shelf time. I don't think the repair should take too long once they are actually working on it.
2018-6-23
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As of 09:30 this morning, my MA has been officially received by DJI Support.   It won't be long now.
2018-6-23
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

Good luck.
And I admire the fact that you admit its a pilot error
2018-6-24
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

pinkmenprints Posted at 2018-6-24 00:29
Good luck.
And I admire the fact that you admit its a pilot error

Well, when you're wrong, you're wrong.  

And since I try to teach my kids to stop blaming others and own your mistakes, I have to live it as well.
2018-6-24
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I used to think I had a lot of patience.  For some things, I do, but others I'm like an undisciplined child!!!

So... seriously...  How long does it take after inventory before the repair gets to someones desk to analyze?  SOOOOO much good weather, and all I can do is look at the RC  and say...  one day soon.
2018-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3-D Posted at 2018-6-26 10:30
I used to think I had a lot of patience.  For some things, I do, but others I'm like an undisciplined child!!!

So... seriously...  How long does it take after inventory before the repair gets to someones desk to analyze?  SOOOOO much good weather, and all I can do is look at the RC  and say...  one day soon.

From what I recollect, you may not get anymore updates, you will just get an email with decision and asking if you want to go ahead with repair price or they might offer warranty, once you pay your goods should ship same day.
If your anxious I would track down a mod give him your case number, they should be able to contact repair centre to give you an update.
2018-6-26
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Currently,  this is what my status bar looks like:

So do they do the damage assessment, and send the quote, THEN do the repair and ship?

That would be my assumption.  If they have separate teams to do receiving/inventory and damage assessment/quotation, they should be able to update through each step.  
I'll give them through COB today and then I'll raise the question.

I'm trying to be patient and let the techs do their job.  I've been on that side of the bench, so i get it.  I even remember telling someone once "I can either fix your problem, or tell you about how i'm going to fix your problem.  You pick one"  With that question posed to myself, I'll pick fix it every time.   But when I did ask that question, it prompted my employer to implement other procedures.  A person was put in place to monitor progress and report back to the customer.  and that was a small shop.  DJI is not a small shop, so i would think that type of position exists.  Just my $.02
2018-6-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules