Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go app disconnecting
2045 36 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hdal93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 514114 ft

Hi,

I have recently bought an Inspire 2 and I'm using an ipad mini 4 to view the Go app but having some problems with it disconnecting from the aircraft. All technical details dissapear but the green light is still showing on the remote and all aircraft functions can still be controlled but with no live stream or data.

I have tried my iphone 8 instead which works much better but still has some connection issues and dissconnections. I am using genuine apple cables to connect both of them to the remote and have been doing this for the last three years with a phantom with no problems, but with the inspire it happens everytime I put it up which is getting embarrassing infront of clients. Is there any fix to this or do I need to buy a crystalsky monitor... All firmware is up to date etc so its not to do with that.

Photo below is an example of when it was connected, and then suddenly lost it for no reason, not even flying it!

Thanks in advance

IMG_3035.jpg
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize that you're having some issues with your app right now. Did you try to re-mount the camera? Can you try to use a different camera? Did you also try to reinstall the app?
2018-6-20
Use props
hdal93
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-20 06:55
Hello there. We apologize that you're having some issues with your app right now. Did you try to re-mount the camera? Can you try to use a different camera? Did you also try to reinstall the app?

Yes I have tried re mounting the camera, it has happened on multiple flights every time now so I’ve ruled that out as a cause. It does work perfectly for about 5 mins and then without warning disconnects. I’ve deleted and re installed the app multiple times to no affect and no I don’t have another camera other than the x5s already mounted
2018-6-20
Use props
hdal93
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-20 06:55

Yes I have tried re mounting the camera, it has happened on multiple flights every time now so I’ve ruled that out as a cause. It does work perfectly for about 5 mins and then without warning disconnects. I’ve deleted and re installed the app multiple times to no affect and no I don’t have another camera other than the x5s already mounted
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

hdal93 Posted at 2018-6-20 07:07
Yes I have tried re mounting the camera, it has happened on multiple flights every time now so I’ve ruled that out as a cause. It does work perfectly for about 5 mins and then without warning disconnects. I’ve deleted and re installed the app multiple times to no affect and no I don’t have another camera other than the x5s already mounted

If that's the case, since we already exhausted all the troubleshooting that we can possibly do, the last option we have is to send the remote for repair to have it checked by our engineers. You can contact our support to start a case: +1 (818) 235 0789.
2018-6-20
Use props
Aerodrone3
New
Italy

Hi as many users, even after ios update and update app a flood of non-functioning !! I am owner of various drones dji but the thing that makes me angry that after spending so much money for an I2 I must be afraid to fly because an update sends the system into crash .... solve as soon as Dji.
At least give us the chance to downgrade for a more stable app.
For us, the time is Money, we can not wait long
I'm losing confidence in Dji
2018-6-25
Use props
marktottymy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 91860 ft

I have a similar problem, perfect connection between RC sticks and I2, perfect vidro feed , but extremely intermittent response from Go app commands. Record start and record stop has very long delay and sometimes not working at all. PLEASE HELP. All firmware up to date as of June 25 2018. Go app latest.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Aerodrone3 Posted at 2018-6-25 02:29
Hi as many users, even after ios update and update app a flood of non-functioning !! I am owner of various drones dji but the thing that makes me angry that after spending so much money for an I2 I must be afraid to fly because an update sends the system into crash .... solve as soon as Dji.
At least give us the chance to downgrade for a more stable app.
For us, the time is Money, we can not wait long

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, may I know what phone are you using? Did you manage to change the cable? Please provide a screen-shot of your issue as well. Thank you.
2018-6-26
Use props
jdmagoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1229554 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is a bug in the last two go app updates for iOS. I’m running an iPad Air 2 running all the latest FW and app versions
2018-6-27
Use props
Denis SF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1783087 ft
  • >>>
France

We have at home 3 radio controls of Inspire 2.
I tried with these 3 RC and with several different cables. We have my colleague and I an iPhone in IOS 11.4, an iPhone in IOS 11.4 beta, 1 iPad in IOS 11.4. It turns out that the problem still comes with the IOS 11.4 release.
2018-7-3
Use props
markiet1966
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1168819 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having the same issues with IOS 11.4, I also have an iPad with the IOS 12 public beta on it, I'm going to give it a try later and see if the problem persists. I have several jobs this week so need to find a quick solution.

Mark
2018-7-3
Use props
hdal93
lvl.1

markiet1966 Posted at 2018-7-3 00:18
I'm having the same issues with IOS 11.4, I also have an iPad with the IOS 12 public beta on it, I'm going to give it a try later and see if the problem persists. I have several jobs this week so need to find a quick solution.

Mark

Let us know how you get on, I have a job in 2 days and still no reliable feed on iphone or iPad. It makes me wonder if this is to try and make us buy their crystal sky monitors...
2018-7-3
Use props
Denis SF
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hello, single or double the problem is the same. The disconnection is done anyway.
It seems that the problem does not affect the iPhones X IOS 11.4.
2018-7-3
Use props
Denis SF
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I noticed that you were asking about all the conversations, the versions of updates of our devices.
For my part :

2018-7-3
Use props
Denis SF
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hello today's version still does not work.
That is to say: 4.2.22.
I still have the same problem, disconnection of the application DJI GO4.
2018-7-6
Use props
hdal93
lvl.1

Denis SF Posted at 2018-7-6 04:39
Hello today's version still does not work.
That is to say: 4.2.22.
I still have the same problem, disconnection of the application DJI GO4.

I have found a short term solution that solves the issue quickly. When it loses connection just unplug the connector cable from the iPad and plug it straight back in again. After a couple of seconds the feed comes back. Bit of a pain to do and it doesn't fix it for the rest of the flight so you will have to do it multiple times but it saves bringing the inspire down and powering off and on again
2018-7-9
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

hdal93 Posted at 2018-7-9 02:56
I have found a short term solution that solves the issue quickly. When it loses connection just unplug the connector cable from the iPad and plug it straight back in again. After a couple of seconds the feed comes back. Bit of a pain to do and it doesn't fix it for the rest of the flight so you will have to do it multiple times but it saves bringing the inspire down and powering off and on again

The same happened to me, since the latest update  ... re connecting iPad reestablished the signal, then Ive found out  my auto lock in the iPad settings was on... on the iPhone X this is not happening because to get locked you must take your face away of the front sensor, so the lock in the x is disabled during flight...disabling auto lock  feature fixed my problem, hope it helps!
2018-7-9
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.4
Argentina

iOS 12 total solution ..
2018-7-11
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

Nicksons Posted at 2018-7-11 18:04
iOS 12 total solution ..

Is it wise to advise installing an IOS beta?
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Hi, please update to 11.4.1 and try it again. The engineer from apple tell us the problem have been solved in 11.4.1.
2018-7-12
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the same problem on an iPad Air 2 and an iPhone 8 Plus.  This disconnect issue with the app needs to be fixed ASAP.

Also DJI, look at the 2.8/5 star rating in the Apple App Store.  For such brilliant hardware, it’s a shame the app is so terrible.
2018-7-12
Use props
hdal93
lvl.1

I have just updated my iPad to the latest version (11.4.1) and currently testing it. I'm not flying but the video feed so far has not cut out after being on for about half an hour in the living room, so far so good
2018-7-12
Use props
MThijssen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 245449 ft
Netherlands

Here the same issue: DJI GO 4.2.22 - iphone 7+ with 11.4.1 (15G77)
2018-7-19
Use props
MillerTym4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18153 ft

United States

I would check wire conection by putting different wires in and check again. Might just be your location.  Im not a great fablock in class D air space in flight. and Yes I had approvel to be in that air space and prior to flight sent them the info of ok.n of this app after my screen got
2018-7-19
Use props
Dreamer1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7801565 ft

Having the same issue with my Ipad pro 9.7inch.  Unplugging the ipad from the RC and plugging back in after restarting the DJI GO 4.0 app does work. But this is very concerning considering this is from the an update. Never used to have this issue. Very dissatisfied with every update as it never fixes the issues at hand. They just create more problems...
2018-7-19
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.4
Argentina

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-7-11 22:25
Is it wise to advise installing an IOS beta?

It’s wise when you have a dedicated device and you really need it for working, I’m still using it ... and it’s working awesome....is the only available  solution...
2018-7-19
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.4
Argentina

Hello guys Im still reading posts and replies talking about disconnection issues using iOS 11.4.X and the answer is yes It’s an IOS problem, the DJIGo4 app is alright. Your problems will be fix on the next major IOS update on this autum, you could wait until then if you can, or the actual solution, if you really depend on the drone, is getting the  iOS beta 12 is a temporary solution, but really you will get surprise how well it’s the beta 4 working on any device..
2018-7-19
Use props
hdal93
lvl.1

Mine is working all fine now and running IOS 11.4.1 on my iPad mini 4. The last update seems to have done the trick for me anyway
2018-7-20
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

Nicksons Posted at 2018-7-19 23:06
It’s wise when you have a dedicated device and you really need it for working, I’m still using it ... and it’s working awesome....is the only available  solution...

But what do you do if the beta release damages the ipad?
2018-7-20
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.4
Argentina

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-7-20 02:00
But what do you do if the beta release damages the ipad?

I’ve tried almost every beta  version  released, that is 1 in 1millon chance to happen.... there is  more chance of being hit by a lighting.... beta versions are almost finished versions..... some minimum details are modified from final versions, by the way a dedicated iPad is useless if it is not working, and is still doing great.... the new iOS now really works faster than ever... You can always revert it, and the new beta version appear as normal updates...
2018-7-21
Use props
MThijssen
lvl.1
Netherlands

just updated all to the latest version: The disconnect can be resolved by reject the cable and insert it again, but this is not funny during flight. Please fix this issue asap so we can fly again.
2018-7-21
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.4
Argentina

MThijssen Posted at 2018-7-21 06:22
just updated all to the latest version: The disconnect can be resolved by reject the cable and insert it again, but this is not funny during flight. Please fix this issue asap so we can fly again.

Its the iOS ...
2018-7-22
Use props
MThijssen
lvl.1
Netherlands

If so: i think DJI must contact Apple about this issue and don't let us have unusable products, right?
2018-7-26
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.4
Argentina

MThijssen Posted at 2018-7-26 07:21
If so: i think DJI must contact Apple about this issue and don't let us have unusable products, right?

Well certainly yes... but by now the only solution I’ve got is the iOS 12 beta working on the iPad, almost 20 flights with no disconnection issues, I’m sure the finished iOS version will fix all the issues ...
2018-7-28
Use props
MThijssen
lvl.1
Netherlands

Nicksons Posted at 2018-7-28 01:11
Well certainly yes... but by now the only solution I’ve got is the iOS 12 beta working on the iPad, almost 20 flights with no disconnection issues, I’m sure the finished iOS version will fix all the issues ...

ok, thanks for testing. Then we put our DJI equipment in the box for two month...
2018-7-28
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.4
Argentina

MThijssen Posted at 2018-7-28 05:46
ok, thanks for testing. Then we put our DJI equipment in the box for two month...

If you use the drone with your primary Ios Device, the 12 beta its not recommended for you, in that case you ll be stuck until next update, if you really need it for working or other reason, the beta version works perfectly with the DjiGo4 app, but surely it has a lots of bugs yet, nothing to worry about when flying, the issues are referred to the new facetime app as far as I´ve noticed...the new ios performace is much better than ios 11, increased battery life, and opening app speed its way faster than before.... Hope you can get back on air as soon as posible....  Cheers....
2018-7-28
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicksons Posted at 2018-7-28 13:06
If you use the drone with your primary Ios Device, the 12 beta its not recommended for you, in that case you ll be stuck until next update, if you really need it for working or other reason, the beta version works perfectly with the DjiGo4 app, but surely it has a lots of bugs yet, nothing to worry about when flying, the issues are referred to the new facetime app as far as I´ve noticed...the new ios performace is much better than ios 11, increased battery life, and opening app speed its way faster than before.... Hope you can get back on air as soon as posible....  Cheers....

Amazing this issue is back, is it happening only on iOS, or Android also? I know iOS just had an update this week, did I make a mistake by doing it? I'm on I1R btw
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules