Its the Mavic Pro 2, according to our insider!
12Next >
1672 41 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

According to our trusted insider (whom we obviously cannot reveal) it is the Mavic Pro 2 which will be revealed on the 18th July, we have no further details at this time but here are our thoughts regarding this insight!

2018-6-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll wait until July 18th.
2018-6-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

As usual pure clickbait and the guy contradicts himself. He claims to have an inside source but at the same time clearly has no information at all. Everything is speculation. Of course we all hope to see the MP 2, but will have to wait and see what it will really be. What I liked very much in this video however is the statement made about OsitaLV ;-)
2018-6-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I will wait and see instead of speculation
2018-6-20
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yup ill wait till July 18th to get the actual facts.
2018-6-20
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

In one statement you have insider information it's a MP 2, then there's a possiblity it may be an anti climax ... That tells me you are not sure. I'll believe it when i see it on July 18th
2018-6-20
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not at all click-bait, a contact that I trust entirely and has a very good reason to know has confirmed that it's the MP2 on its way. The contact has always been spot on and therefore I cannot really doubt them, BUT I know that tricks are played by DJI in this game and so I remain cautious.

I shared this information because I received it, rather than than keep quiet and not say a thing, believe what what you wish but DroningON have an immaculate history on being correct with these launches.

OsitaLV and his ass-kissers on the other hand have a lot to answer for...
2018-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is very amusing to see the rumors and speculations starting to appear.
We all expect the MP2, so just wait for 1 months.
Many will make  'MP2BE or not MP2BE' video's in the hope of gathering some more views and have some more activity on their channel.

Truth is no one knows that is allowed to tell.
And those who make money from youtube (myself included btw) will go a long way to make some more out of every opportunity.
2018-6-20
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-20 12:24
It is very amusing to see the rumors and speculations starting to appear.
We all expect the MP2, so just wait for 1 months.
Many will make  'MP2BE or not MP2BE' video's in the hope of gathering some more views and have some more activity on their channel.

Quite a few YouTubers have based their entire channels on speculation from the dreamer OsitaLV, channels such as 'Bill Drone Reviewer' and 'DroneDJ', whereas you'll notice that this is DroningON's FIRST and probably only video on the topic.

I of course wish to grow the channel but not through fantasy and fiction, that has never been my strategy and please do see my earlier videos, they're all factual and honest reviews - my DJI insider revealed confirmation of the MP2 to me but nothing more, that's why I didn't embellish in the video and kept it straight.
2018-6-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

sergeant Posted at 2018-6-21 00:49
Quite a few YouTubers have based their entire channels on speculation from the dreamer OsitaLV, channels such as 'Bill Drone Reviewer' and 'DroneDJ', whereas you'll notice that this is DroningON's FIRST and probably only video on the topic.

I of course wish to grow the channel but not through fantasy and fiction, that has never been my strategy and please do see my earlier videos, they're all factual and honest reviews - my DJI insider revealed confirmation of the MP2 to me but nothing more, that's why I didn't embellish in the video and kept it straight.

I know.
Whenever there is money involved, people loose their belief in one way or another.
As long as you believe in what you make and like to watch it, it feels ok for me.
But then again, who am I
Just a guy who is suspicious when it comes to all these video's screaming for attention while not really being worth a view.
2018-6-21
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Clickbait and pointless. They do this crap before every single DJI press release.  Nice little bit of revenue for them on the back of a DJI announcement regardless of the actual product.
They know that if they say every single announcement is a mavic 2, eventually they'll be correct and can claim to have insider knowledge.
Don't forget they also did this for the new Inspire camera, Spark, Mavic Air press releases in the last year alone - turns out none where the M2 they claimed.

Its great, make up something, called it an @unnamed insider@, nobody can verify it or prove one way or another.

2018-6-21
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-21 01:26
I know.
Whenever there is money involved, people loose their belief in one way or another.
As long as you believe in what you make and like to watch it, it feels ok for me.

"Not worth a view" is bl**dy rude, and is only your opinion, have you considered whether your own content is worth a view?

The video has been greatly appreciated by many and its an opportunity to create content that I enjoy, you're free to scroll-on if it doesn't interest you, but rudeness is just unnecessary.
2018-6-21
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-6-21 01:29
Clickbait and pointless. They do this crap before every single DJI press release.  Nice little bit of revenue for them on the back of a DJI announcement regardless of the actual product.
They know that if they say every single announcement is a mavic 2, eventually they'll be correct and can claim to have insider knowledge.
Don't forget they also did this for the new Inspire camera, Spark, Mavic Air press releases in the last year alone - turns out none where the M2 they claimed.

Not pointless, I trust this guy and if you follow www.DroningON.co then you will see that our past editorial concerning DJI releases has been spot on and accurate. I communicated that the Platinum would be released in FAcebook groups much to the disagreement of most, thinking that it was a joke...I even distributed the specification before launch as a first, leaked by my contact to me.

Believe what you will but unfortunately the multiple real click-baiters are giving genuine writers like me a bad name because viewers like you refuse to accept everything.
2018-6-21
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Most sane viewers refuse to accept unsourced, unverifiable claims from mysterious "insiders" on the internet.  Genuine writers provide verifiable sources.

Ultimately there will be a M2 released so if people keep saying every announcement is it, eventually they'll be correct.
2018-6-21
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-6-21 01:56
Most sane viewers refuse to accept unsourced, unverifiable claims from mysterious "insiders" on the internet.  Genuine writers provide verifiable sources.

Ultimately there will be a M2 released so if people keep saying every announcement is it, eventually they'll be correct.

Leaked information is never sourced, ever, because it renders that insider as unusable in the future due to them being identified. Believe what you wish, but my brand and channel does not thrive nor need to grow based on distribution of false-information.
2018-6-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

sergeant Posted at 2018-6-21 01:46
"Not worth a view" is bl**dy rude, and is only your opinion, have you considered whether your own content is worth a view?

The video has been greatly appreciated by many and its an opportunity to create content that I enjoy, you're free to scroll-on if it doesn't interest you, but rudeness is just unnecessary.

Did not mean to be rude.
I was certainly not referring to your video in my last sentence.
'all the video's screaming for attention'.

By that I ment the many many video's that have MUST VIEW, AMAZING FOOTAGE, DONT BUY BEFORE SEEING THIS... etc. etc. in the title.
You are rather polite in your title actually

Sorry for the confusion.

2018-6-21
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-21 02:10
Did not mean to be rude.
I was certainly not referring to your video in my last sentence.
'all the video's screaming for attention'.

Thanks, I appreciate that - as mentioned my channel doesn't need click-bait views unlike those that thrive on every bit of nonsense distributed by OsitaLV, this video is quite a different style for me and I appreciate you noticing that the title is simple and straight to the point, not trying to encourage a click.

We're all entitled to opinions and as content creators, YouTube is a platform for use - I am however just shocked at the rudeness of some of the comments posted to my video, there simply isn't any need for it - why can people not disagree politely, instead they arrive and comment with guns waving and rudeness flowing, sad times really.
2018-6-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

sergeant Posted at 2018-6-21 02:16
Thanks, I appreciate that - as mentioned my channel doesn't need click-bait views unlike those that thrive on every bit of nonsense distributed by OsitaLV, this video is quite a different style for me and I appreciate you noticing that the title is simple and straight to the point, not trying to encourage a click.

We're all entitled to opinions and as content creators, YouTube is a platform for use - I am however just shocked at the rudeness of some of the comments posted to my video, there simply isn't any need for it - why can people not disagree politely, instead they arrive and comment with guns waving and rudeness flowing, sad times really.

Yes, that is the sad part of the society we live in.
I think this forum's users are rather nice in that respect most of the time, except for one subject.....
You will guess which one that is.
MP2...
There must have been about 200 or more threads about it over and over again and I guess some got tired of it.
No reason to be rude of course, but that is my explanation.
2018-6-21
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

IMO that is what my mouse is for (click) I have enough time in my life to watch what is available. Nothing wrong with someone posting what they believe verifiable or not. The MP II is just another market bump. Maybe for the first time buyer trying to make a decision, reviews and opinions are more of a concern, but for long time DJI users we know the game. We all have our budgets some not so much, some unlimited. Personally my DJI bucket is full of quality camera drones that meet or exceed my recreational/commercial needs. DJI needs to come out with a drone that adds versatility, freedom of choice, quieter AC ect..., not range mileage or better cameras, they already have that. So for me the MP II is not going to do much more than any other drone in my bucket will do, just a matter of choice as to what features I want at any specific time.
2018-6-21
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-21 02:19
IMO that is what my mouse is for (click) I have enough time in my life to watch what is available. Nothing wrong with someone posting what they believe verifiable or not. The MP II is just another market bump. Maybe for the first time buyer trying to make a decision, reviews and opinions are more of a concern, but for long time DJI users we know the game. We all have our budgets some not so much, some unlimited. Personally my DJI bucket is full of quality camera drones that meet or exceed my recreational/commercial needs. DJI needs to come out with a drone that adds versatility, freedom of choice, quieter AC ect..., not range mileage or better cameras they already have that. So for me the MP II is not going to do much more than any other drone in my bucket will do, just a matter of choice as to what features I want at any specific time.

Precisely QuadKid thanks for the comment - YouTube is a communication platform, drone enthusiasts are generally very polite (as you can see from comments on my previous videos) but as soon as you engage with the DJI crowd, the flood gates seem to open for rudeness and keyboard-warriors, it really is very sad.
2018-6-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If 'this guy' does know he will be in serious trouble for breaching a legally binding contract agreement and DJI would have banned this entire thread well before now. It's speculation, pure speculation. Wasn't the Mavic 2 due to be released in March LOL There are better ways to further a channel than this crystal ball pretence. Speculating is fine if that's your thing but what really annoys me are these people who claim to be insiders leaking first hand knowldege and what they are saying is fact when it actually turns out to be completely made up. I will return to this thread on 18 July...
2018-6-21
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-6-21 03:12
If 'this guy' does know he will be in serious trouble for breaching a legally binding contract agreement and DJI would have banned this entire thread well before now. It's speculation, pure speculation. Wasn't the Mavic 2 due to be released in March LOL There are better ways to further a channel than this crystal ball pretence. Speculating is fine if that's your thing but what really annoys me are these people who claim to be insiders leaking first hand knowldege and what they are saying is fact when it actually turns out to be completely made up. I will return to this thread on 18 July...

You obviously haven't even watched the video have you...if you had then you'd know that the earlier speculation from click-baiters all came from a single source, OsitaLV, a fantasist that I warned others about, he's a scam, a hoax and no content should ever be based on his guesswork, he has never been correct:

https://www.droningon.co/2018/03 ... talv-rumours-leaks/

As for my source, you're right, they would be in trouble, and that's why their identify is not being disclosed, but they as a DJI insider have confirmed that the product being released is a Mavic Pro 2, I'm simply passing on what I have been told by someone that I trust, I'm not in the business is misinformation.
2018-6-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergeant Posted at 2018-6-21 03:53
You obviously haven't even watched the video have you...if you had then you'd know that the earlier speculation from click-baiters all came from a single source, OsitaLV, a fantasist that I warned others about, he's a scam, a hoax and no content should ever be based on his guesswork, he has never been correct:

https://www.droningon.co/2018/03/04/dji-twitter-hoax-ositalv-rumours-leaks/

As I said, I'll wait until the 18th.
2018-6-21
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.  So what he's saying is the same as most other places.  "we think it's gonna be a Mavic Pro II, but it might be something else."  Interesting thoughts.  But nothing has changed.  
We're all still waiting for July 18th to be sure.
I'm actually very impressed with the level sealant that they have around this.  There are no real leaks at all!!
2018-6-21
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3-D Posted at 2018-6-21 05:23
Thanks.  So what he's saying is the same as most other places.  "we think it's gonna be a Mavic Pro II, but it might be something else."  Interesting thoughts.  But nothing has changed.  
We're all still waiting for July 18th to be sure.
I'm actually very impressed with the level sealant that they have around this.  There are no real leaks at all!!

Well, the news from the DJI insider helps to bolster the MP2 arrival, plus the invitation being sent to drone media/news agencies rather than just the regular usual suspects. DJI are indeed good at holding onto their launches, especially considering the time required to design, engineer and manufacturer products like this - but I suspect that like the Apple staff, DJI staff over there are treated in a similar way, facing serious consequences if they so much as sneeze.
2018-6-21
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

There will be plenty to go round... why the hurry?
2018-6-21
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Why are you all so excited? Most of the forum users if not all , do already own a drone. And you only can fly 1 drone at a time . I guess its only a luxury issue. Just enjoy the drone you are having.
2018-6-21
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

Here we go again.  You’ll find out when it gets released.
2018-6-21
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-6-21 05:44
Why are you all so excited? Most of the forum users if not all , do already own a drone. And you only can fly 1 drone at a time . I guess its only a luxury issue. Just enjoy the drone you are having.

Says the man with 4 drones in his profile?

I am personally excited because I am in love with technology.  I have fallen madly in love with aerial photography.  The combination of the two has seriously made me change what i do with my free time, as well as condider what will come of my career future.  I'm the guy who watches the Apple events EVERY YEAR.  I'm the guy who gets all geeked up about E3 and CES.  We (my IRL friends) talk about technology with the same passion that we approach sports.  but most of them don't own drones.  they sometimes come out with me, and watch me fly, but other than that, no.  So to come here, and geek out about what's coming next is just natural and fun.

That's why we are so excited.    You're right, you can only fly one at a time.  the thing is, we're all looking for what might be that one that we fly next.
2018-6-21
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

3-D Posted at 2018-6-21 06:03
Says the man with 4 drones in his profile?

I am personally excited because I am in love with technology.  I have fallen madly in love with aerial photography.  The combination of the two has seriously made me change what i do with my free time, as well as condider what will come of my career future.  I'm the guy who watches the Apple events EVERY YEAR.  I'm the guy who gets all geeked up about E3 and CES.  We (my IRL friends) talk about technology with the same passion that we approach sports.  but most of them don't own drones.  they sometimes come out with me, and watch me fly, but other than that, no.  So to come here, and geek out about what's coming next is just natural and fun.

Hahaha , been caught

Unfortunately i only have 2 left
2018-6-21
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope at least , the next drone will be completely different and one without issues
2018-6-21
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-6-21 06:07
Hahaha , been caught

Unfortunately i only have 2 left

haha...  no judgement here...  I'm trying to catch up.  
2018-6-21
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-6-21 06:07
Hahaha , been caught

Unfortunately i only have 2 left

It is the same reason that you have a x-box but must have the new one once it is released.  All the new games that come out, features, etc.  Gotta have the latest and greatest tech being in IT myself
2018-6-21
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-6-21 06:11
I hope at least , the next drone will be completely different and one without issues

There will always be issues just hope nothing too dramatic.  Am sure there will be a TON of firmware updates in the first few months alone.  Always is the case.
2018-6-21
Use props
Merced69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327096 ft
Canada

So with all the speculation, what is everyone's theory on what will be the upgraded features that drive our lust for the next newest and greatest?  What is it that would make an MP2 a must have for you?

For me I have the Air now, so the small size, and portability are what drove the decision for me over the MP.  (I also have another old large drone)
Thus for me it would be range, I have a small drive to a national park, which has huge areas of natural forest, no roads.  I would love to fly the natural wilderness more.  Batteries are the other half of range, allowing you to actually take advantage of that range.

2018-6-21
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Merced69 Posted at 2018-6-21 07:27
So with all the speculation, what is everyone's theory on what will be the upgraded features that drive our lust for the next newest and greatest?  What is it that would make an MP2 a must have for you?

For me I have the Air now, so the small size, and portability are what drove the decision for me over the MP.  (I also have another old large drone)

Good question - I ran a poll in my Mavic Group not long ago to assess based on owners of the current Mavic Pro what features they'd like to see in the successor - this was the result:

https://www.droningon.co/2017/01 ... ncements-list-poll/
2018-6-21
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I would love to have a drone with the size of a Mavic Air (or slightly larger) with the speed and range of the Mavic Pro. with a battery that lasts 30 minutes. - and i don't mean 30 minutes to death.  i mean average flight time of 30 minute before critical.

Too much?
2018-6-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

well not sure yet until July 18th, it is still too early
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-6-22 05:15
well not sure yet until July 18th, it is still too early

Listen to the 'insiders' facts mate

"may be, possibly, could be, our view is it may or may not, doubt it will have a 1" sensor but there again" LMAO - hardly terminology of someone in the know - pure click bait. Still, not long until I return to this thread on the 18th...
2018-7-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-7-3 08:35
Listen to the 'insiders' facts mate

"may be, possibly, could be, our view is it may or may not, doubt it will have a 1" sensor but there again" LMAO - hardly terminology of someone in the know - pure click bait. Still, not long until I return to this thread on the 18th...

lol that right
2018-7-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules