Is this a good BATTERY REPLACEMENT For the P4 Remote?
1063 9 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swing Dangler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31486 ft
United States

The situation: Drone and rc were in storage for several months due to moving. The rc would power up but the battery would not take a charge. There are several videos of the rc not
charging the battery with the first led blinking and then turning off. The package is over 2 years old so out of warranty. My friend and I took the RC apart and got the specs on the batter. It was truly dead, no voltage at all while the rc was providing volts to the battery. Anyway, everything I've seen requires a send in to DJI for 'repair' which I think is just a battery replacement. I found this Battery Replacement For Remote Is this a suitable replacement for the original RC remote?
  • C rate and maximum continuous discharge (Amps): 20C (44A)
  • XT60 plug for easy connection
  • 11.1V 2200MAH Lithium Polymer battery pack
  •                              Voltage: 11.1
  •                              Capacity: 2200MAH
  •                              Chemistry: Lithium Polymer
  •                              Connector Type: XT60
  •                              Max Continuous Discharge Rate: 44A
  •                              Peak Discharge: 20C
  •                              Product Category: Remote Control Vehicle
  •                              Watt Hours: 24.4
  •                              Wire Gauge: 12
  • Weight: 0.3826 lbs
Here are the specs for the original: battery.jpg
2018-6-20
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

my RC has something similar, but before replacing the battery I try to revive the battery using an old usb cable, use an old usb cable, cut it and separate only positive and negative, then put each terminal to the battery terminal of the RC, positive and negative. then connect the usb to your pc ( let it 3 min ), then your RC will receive the minimum charge that  it need to be able to use your usual charger. Try it, it worked for me 20180620_170935.jpg
2018-6-20
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

i had the same problem with a tablet and revived it , when the batteries are dry  the problem is that it is no longer possible to recharge  from the usb, you have to put the direct charge to the battery ,the charger is not able to give the minimum charge needed by the battery to receive charge, so the explanation of electro shock
2018-6-20
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

in the case of the tablet .. it was a totally new product ...but the battery came dead.
i solved it in the way i explained you above ! Good luck and welcome aboard
2018-6-20
Use props
Swing Dangler
lvl.1
United States

Do you guys think this method could be used to revive the drone's battery pack? One of those went dead and won't recharge either?
2018-6-20
Use props
Swing Dangler
lvl.1
United States

I haven't tried the method yet but now the 4 led's 'roll' from left to right and then all 4 blink at once. The process just repeats. The remote itself turns on and shows a disconnect red light then starts beeping. I simply can not believe DJI would set up the end user to force the buyer to send the whole remote in for repair when all it takes, I believe, is a simple battery replacement which is pretty easy to do. Granted I haven't tried to 'shock' it back to life yet.  I've probably had 10 flights in two years and didn't even get into all of the advance features, etc. I'm so disappointed.
2018-6-20
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

"Voltage: 11.1"

You must use a battery with a matching voltage or you will be in big trouble!

The mAh and Wh ratings can be different, the higher the value the less often you will need to charge it.

You also want a physical size that fits.
2018-6-20
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Swing Dangler Posted at 2018-6-20 08:20
I haven't tried the method yet but now the 4 led's 'roll' from left to right and then all 4 blink at once. The process just repeats. The remote itself turns on and shows a disconnect red light then starts beeping. I simply can not believe DJI would set up the end user to force the buyer to send the whole remote in for repair when all it takes, I believe, is a simple battery replacement which is pretty easy to do. Granted I haven't tried to 'shock' it back to life yet.  I've probably had 10 flights in two years and didn't even get into all of the advance features, etc. I'm so disappointed.

Since a new battery isn't going to cost too much, I think it is not worth the risk of reviving a dead one.  There is a good chance that it will have been damaged by discharging too low in which case there is a chance of it overheating during a future charge.

Don't attempt to revive a flight battery, if those overheat during charging then there is enough power to produce flames and set fire to your house.
2018-6-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I hope you guys are being extra cautious, playing around with exposed electrical wires.

Even ones that are USB compatible. ;-)

I would not wish to read an obit.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Thank you for raising this concern. Please take note that DJI is not recommending using the non-DJI battery. DJI made a battery that is designed for Phantom 4 for better functionality and performance.
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules