Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI RoninS Nikon- No support?
3282 8 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EAPS
lvl.1

United States

I recently purchased a DJI Ronin S and i've noticed that when i plug the MCC Cable into the camera via the gimbal, When i try to operate the camera's liveview or to take start/play (which it says is compatible) the entire gimbal just shuts down.

Im currently testing this on a Nikon D500.

Am i doing something wrong?

thanks,

2018-6-20
Use props
Vhotard
lvl.2
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-152526-1-1.html
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The problem with the gimbal going limp has already been identified. Please wait a little bit (about 30-40 seconds) and the gimbal will power back up. We're planning to get this fixed ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-6-20
Use props
EAPS
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-20 21:17
The problem with the gimbal going limp has already been identified. Please wait a little bit (about 30-40 seconds) and the gimbal will power back up. We're planning to get this fixed ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I have noticed my gimbal does not power back up after waiting a few minutes. Will this be in the form of a firmware update? if so, will there be a notification that it is released?
2018-6-21
Use props
thephilz
lvl.2
United States

Take a look at the thread Vhotard linked. Sadly it seems they're falsely advertising compatibility with many Nikon Cameras. They're also saying they're fixing the 'limp' issue, but that's not really the problem. Having the cable plugged in locks up the D500, and kicks it out of live view (irrelevant of the gimbal going limp). This, it seems, is not something that will be fixed by DJI. As outlined by DJI-Paul, they don't see it as their issue (which is unbelievable, as I have plenty of equipment that uses the USB micro connector)
2018-6-21
Use props
EAPS
lvl.1

United States

thephilz Posted at 2018-6-21 07:34
Take a look at the thread Vhotard linked. Sadly it seems they're falsely advertising compatibility with many Nikon Cameras. They're also saying they're fixing the 'limp' issue, but that's not really the problem. Having the cable plugged in locks up the D500, and kicks it out of live view (irrelevant of the gimbal going limp). This, it seems, is not something that will be fixed by DJI. As outlined by DJI-Paul, they don't see it as their issue (which is unbelievable, as I have plenty of equipment that uses the USB micro connector)

Wonderful. Looks like its time to start posting reviews of DJI's lack of actual testing before launch.
2018-6-21
Use props
Vhotard
lvl.2
United States

Quick update DJI is saying it's a Nikon problem so... I email Nikon Pro Services and Nikon says it's not their problem... Screenshots from the email are on the other thread. Looks like someone didn't do their homework prior to posting the specs.
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

EAPS Posted at 2018-6-21 07:32
I have noticed my gimbal does not power back up after waiting a few minutes. Will this be in the form of a firmware update? if so, will there be a notification that it is released?

Sorry to hear the workaround doesn't work, we have located the reason that it is the issue of the SDK compatibility of Nikon Camera, and our engineers are working on it together with Nikon, we will get it sorted out in the future firmware, sorry again for the inconvenience that has been caused.
2018-6-25
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-25 02:18
Sorry to hear the workaround doesn't work, we have located the reason that it is the issue of the SDK compatibility of Nikon Camera, and our engineers are working on it together with Nikon, we will get it sorted out in the future firmware, sorry again for the inconvenience that has been caused.

Hi,

A year on from this Nikon problem and there seems to be no solution. Am I correct? Why are you still saying that the Ronin-S is compatible with Nikon's key pro cameras? Can you not make a definitive statement as to what is happening?
2019-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules