Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 DJI Video Tutorials
17377 32 2015-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

2015-5-16
Use props
ruprick
lvl.2

United States

Great videos! Gonna go through all of them today.
On a side note: God damn Ty is handsome. He has the chin of the gods
2015-5-16
Use props
Raul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 348724 ft
Spain

Thanks! Good work
2015-5-16
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

Just in time for me to break out of the beginner mode, THANK YOU!
2015-5-16
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Great.

But seriously; "Ty" sets the failsafe altitude to 500 meters!!!

FIVE HUNDRED METERS!

Is that meant for people flying around the Empire State Building in New York (381 meters) and making sure it will rise above that if doing a RTH?

Seriously, having the Phantom go to 500 meters in RTH is not only extremely unsafe (thats way too high and up where real aircraft might be) it would also use up a large amount of battery, would take a long time, not least to get down again.

DJI clearly has growing pains and there is a extreme pressure to put out products and videos and everything as quickly as possible. But seeing something like the 500 meters altitude RTH does not instill confidence.

-

Help me out and use this link to buy DJI-gear
2015-5-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It is the responsibility of the user to set an appropriate Failsafe RTH altitude.  Ty showed the maximum that can be set, which is also the maximum altitude that can be used with the P3.  In the US we are limited to 122m or 400' when flying.  
2015-5-17
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-17 23:35
It is the responsibility of the user to set an appropriate Failsafe RTH altitude.  Ty showed the max ...

I know, and thats how it should be. Which is why DJI should just warn people, not nerf their equipment with "No-Fly" nanny-settings and the like. Let people decide and take responsibility and learn to use common sense. (/End of rant).

Besides that, won't you agree, that it is not advisable - for a number of reasons - to use 500 meters as your Fail-Safe altitude?

I set mine to 50 meters which seems more reasonable. Means it should rise well above trees and buildings where I usually fly but not be a potential airspace-problem and not spend too much time or battery on climbing unnecessarily high.

My down-to-earth observation was, that maybe it wasn't the best idea to show people Ty entering a setting that would rarely make sense as some people watching these videos are likely to copy the settings they've seen Ty show thinking that must be the right thing to do.

PS: My slightly sarcastic tone was not meant as an insult.
2015-5-17
Use props
eedwards
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34491 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Very useful videos.  One suggestion would be to order the videos in the sequence that the should be viewed. As it stands now the unboxing video is last in the list
2015-5-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I agree with the video order. They play backwards from top to bottom..
Perhaps just click the bottom vid first... And play them from bottom to top.

Great instructional vids for us DJI first pilot's.

Thanks...

RedHotPoker
2015-5-17
Use props
mike
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If interested, there are additional must-see Phantom 3 videos here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... ntom-3-videos.41950

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-17
Use props
eedwards
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34491 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-5-18 09:40
If interested, there are additional must-see Phantom 3 videos here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ...

Mike,

Thanks for sharing. These are well labelled and easy to identify
2015-5-17
Use props
gboivin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just what a Newbie needs to fly safe and responsible! Great Job DJI
2015-5-18
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

Thanks for the videos!!!
2015-5-18
Use props
Muleshoe2
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for posting those, Ed. Excellent info.

I guess they'll be posted on the site soon but it doesn't matter as long as you can post them for us.
2015-5-18
Use props
C17Jamie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 348022 ft
United States

Glad these are finally up!  Had to learn the hard way for a while
2015-5-18
Use props
Raptor911
lvl.1

Great Videos! As someone new the hobby, these videos are very helpful. Thank YOU!
2015-5-19
Use props
Droned
lvl.2
United States

Great videos for the newbie!!!
2015-5-20
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-17 23:48
I know, and thats how it should be. Which is why DJI should just warn people, not nerf their equip ...

It depends. In my case I live in a place from 0 to 1440m in less than 3km. We have vertival rock of 200m, sort of canyon and so on. Probably an higher RTH is better than a lower. Just my thoughts.
2015-5-20
Use props
superdodoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118422 ft
United States

Thanks for the video. very useful to first time flyer.
2015-5-21
Use props
johnkneedee
lvl.1

United States

should I calibrate the IMU ? Ive got 20 flights + flights and have never done it.  Pro's and con's if you could.... please enlighten me as to what IMU even stands for...lol.. thanks to you all !
2015-5-29
Use props
itsxtony
lvl.2

United States

gonna watch them all to prep myself before my p3p comes in
2015-5-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

johnkneedee Posted at 2015-5-30 03:21
should I calibrate the IMU ? Ive got 20 flights + flights and have never done it.  Pro's and con's i ...

I recommend that you calibrate the IMU on every upgrade and when the values are outside the norms.  The  other reason to calibrate is if you have horizon tilt.  Other than that, you should be fine.
2015-5-31
Use props
challenger451
lvl.2

United States

Here is an additional turtorial of the DJI Pilot app that is a must for new pilots.

2015-6-1
Use props
info.triggerair
lvl.1
Flight distance : 398140 ft
United Kingdom

This was very helpful. Do you know how to slow the yaw control to get a slow smooth movement?
2015-6-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

info.triggerair Posted at 2015-6-15 00:27
This was very helpful. Do you know how to slow the yaw control to get a slow smooth movement?

Change the expo on the rudder from .40, default, to .30.  That will help.  You can find that setting under Mode/Gain & Expo Tuning.
2015-6-15
Use props
info.triggerair
lvl.1
Flight distance : 398140 ft
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-16 09:20
Change the expo on the rudder from .40, default, to .30.  That will help.  You can find that settin ...

Thanks that's great!
2015-6-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

challenger451@c Posted at 2015-6-2 07:40
Here is an additional turtorial of the DJI Pilot app that is a must for new pilots.

https://www.you ...

Great video tutorial.
2015-6-20
Use props
spyghost
lvl.2

United States

Can anyone tell me why I can no longer view posted videos on the forum
2015-7-15
Use props
j3yps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3402 ft
Philippines

Cool compilation!
2015-7-17
Use props
attaboy
lvl.1

United States

Ed, Maybe update your un-boxing video to include removal of a little bitty chunk of white foam Behind the gimbal, apparently to prevent damage during shipment in the yaw axis (recieved 17 July).  I did post this in rcg, but that thread grows So Fast that it will soon be buried.  Thanks for the videos.  I'd like to see a video on how to arm a brand new P3P using a display device that has zero internet connectivity (dji Pilot app).   TIA
2015-7-19
Use props
Shaikr
New

United States

attaboy@basicis Posted at 2015-7-19 22:26
Ed, Maybe update your un-boxing video to include removal of a little bitty chunk of white foam Behin ...

Hi. First day when I flew the video clips automatically recorded in my Iphone as well.  Why now it only records in the phantoms sd card. What do I need to do so I can have images and video in to my Iphone or galaxy note so I can edit with pilot app.
Thanks in advance for help.
2015-7-19
Use props
johnkneedee
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-31 23:49
I recommend that you calibrate the IMU on every upgrade and when the values are outside the norms. ...

lol, thanks Ed, it's been a while since I've been on here.  I did calibrate her and all was fine.  Thanks for the heads up !!  I appreciate your advice and always look for your name on questions I have no answer for in the forum....  
2015-8-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You are welcome.  Have fun flying.
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now