Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cache Recordings Not Showing Up on Device
4333 4 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Do the video cache recordings)(not the ones on the P3 camera sd card ones on the Go device)  have to be manually initiated by the pilot, or are they auto matically initaited on take off? Friend just had a flight, and had only a short 2mb cache film. He did "fool around " with the camera settings early on, thought he was recording, but apparently wasnt.
All the cache setting on on in the Go app.
Thanks
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. I am sorry for this trouble. All videos and pictures are saved directly to your SD card. For better quality of videos or pictures, you need to take it directly from your SD card. A video cache will be created in the following conditions:

Video Cache under General Settings in the DJI GO app is enabled.
The video is longer than six seconds.
The storage space of the mobile device is larger than 200 MB.
Check whether Auto Cleanup Video Cache (Larger than 2GB) is enabled under General Settings in the DJI GO app. If yes, the earliest data will be cleared when the cached videos are larger than 2 GB.
The image transmission signal of the remote controller is available. If the image transmission signal is lost, the video record before interruption will be cached.
The image transmission signal of the remote controller is not interrupted. If the signal is interrupted, the cashed video will be shown in the app's screen.
2018-6-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The cached videos are only saved if the pilot was recording video.
They don't start automatically and they are only saved if caching video is enabled in settings.
Cached videos are of very low quality and really not worth the effort.
2018-6-20
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

The best quality video is going to be recorded directly onto the SD card in the camera gimbal assembly. I also wonder if video caching onto the local tablet imposes upon the efficiency of the FPV display, Remote Control transmissions and causes some video glitching and dropout.

2018-6-20
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Thanks  all for the input. I never had cached video myself, so I didnt know how it worked. I always just transfer the sd card video to my desktop or laptop. My friend is confused over which video is which.
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules