View Screen Distortion
871 13 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AzChupacabra
lvl.1
United States

I'm having a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I took off the other day and found my Mavic Pro was almost unflyable due to video distortion on my screen.  Here is what I know from troubleshooting:
1)  I have changed cables, no help
2)  I changed from my tablet to my phone, but get the same distortion
3)  Video recording looks good when I view what was recorded on my memory card
4)  Video recording from the cache on the tablet shows the distortion

It appears one of the following is true:
1)  The signal being sent from the drone to the controller is corrupt
or
2)  The signal being sent from the controller to my tablet/phone is corrupt

I'm also noticing a delay in my flight and gimbal controls that didn't exist before.  I think at this point I'm going to have to send it in for repair, but before I went that route, I thought I would check on the forums to see if anyone else has experienced something similar.

Thanks in advance, everyone -

2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, We apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what mobile device or tablet are you using? Is the firmware updated?
2018-6-20
Use props
AzChupacabra
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-20 09:01
Hi, We apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what mobile device or tablet are you using? Is the firmware updated?

Wow that was quick!

Yes, I'm using a Galaxy Tab S3.  When I bootup, I get the message that I am running the latest firmware.
2018-6-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

That tab should be fine running the go4 app. Have your tried installing an older version of the go4, maybe the latest one is not working with your tab properly
2018-6-20
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

You are not alone with the latest 4.2.20.  Many have reported this issue recently with the latest update and was working fine with 4.2.16.  I suggest trying to downgrade and see if it helps.  
2018-6-20
Use props
AzChupacabra
lvl.1
United States

To:  Sparksbird and Suren -

I didn't notice the firmware being updated, but maybe that's me just being oblivious.  It did seem weird that all of a sudden it went from working perfectly one day to having this issue the very next, but you know, sometimes things happen.

How big a deal is it to uninstall and revert back to the previous firmware version?  I'm not very tech savvy (hence my purchase of a drone so sophisticated even an Arizona Hick can fly one)?
2018-6-20
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

AzChupacabra Posted at 2018-6-20 09:14
To:  Sparksbird and Suren -

I didn't notice the firmware being updated, but maybe that's me just being oblivious.  It did seem weird that all of a sudden it went from working perfectly one day to having this issue the very next, but you know, sometimes things happen.

No need to downgrade firmware on your AC just install an older version of DJI GO 4.  Many have reported 4.2.16 to work great that are having this issue.  Leave the firmware on your bird the same.  Just uninstall and install 4.2.16 DJI GO 4 on your device.
2018-6-20
Use props
AzChupacabra
lvl.1
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-20 09:24
No need to downgrade firmware on your AC just install an older version of DJI GO 4.  Many have reported 4.2.16 to work great that are having this issue.  Leave the firmware on your bird the same.  Just uninstall and install 4.2.16 DJI GO 4 on your device.

I'll try it.  Any idea where the previous version can be found?  All I see available on the Play Store is the most current version.  And you're absolutely right - a bunch of people are making the exact same complaint.
2018-6-20
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

AzChupacabra Posted at 2018-6-20 09:33
I'll try it.  Any idea where the previous version can be found?  All I see available on the Play Store is the most current version.  And you're absolutely right - a bunch of people are making the exact same complaint.

https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4

Scroll down and you will see 4.2.16
2018-6-20
Use props
AzChupacabra
lvl.1
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-20 09:34

Found it and am downloading now.  I'll report back and let everyone know if this fixed the problem.

Thanks very much for your help!
2018-6-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

AzChupacabra Posted at 2018-6-20 09:40
Found it and am downloading now.  I'll report back and let everyone know if this fixed the problem.

Thanks very much for your help!

If download and install of GO-4 does not help with video distortions of Live view on your screen...

If your Mavic Pro is running Firmware .0300, try reverting to .0200 or .0100.
2018-6-20
Use props
AzChupacabra
lvl.1
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-20 09:34

Just tested it and everything is working perfectly - ISSUE RESOLVED!

For those of you who are experiencing this issue, SparksBird's suggestion - reverting your DJI GO4 software back to version 4.2.16 is what worked.  Read back in our exchange for a link to where you can find the older version.

Thank you very much for your help!  
2018-6-20
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

AzChupacabra Posted at 2018-6-20 11:05
Just tested it and everything is working perfectly - ISSUE RESOLVED!

For those of you who are experiencing this issue, SparksBird's suggestion - reverting your DJI GO4 software back to version 4.2.16 is what worked.  Read back in our exchange for a link to where you can find the older version.

Glad it worked.  Hoping DJI has been monitoring these forums as far as seeing this as a major issue that hopefully they are working on.  
2018-6-20
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-20 12:22
Glad it worked.  Hoping DJI has been monitoring these forums as far as seeing this as a major issue that hopefully they are working on.

I also have the GTab S3. I too recently experienced a host of issues with my MP. From disconnected aircraft warnings to sluggist vid feed, over a sec of delay adjusting gimbal, and many other problems.

I reverted to 4.2.14 and it has been solid. 4.2.16 was also problematic for me and a few others in our club here locally with S3's. Tab A 10..1, Zentab Users here also experienced these problems. Some occur at takeoff, others well after.

I was flying over the ocean when my video crapped out. Had to reboot the app and it worked until the app crashed again.good thing I knew how to fly. An app that flickers, pixllates and crashes on a device with hardware capable of 4x the min spec is crazy imo. many S3 owners because they prefer the screen, built in GPS etc at a great price point. Almost laughable to have it crash with this app and only this app.
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules