Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PLEASE HELP DJI REPAIR SCAM?
1675 15 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luxury Vue 7
lvl.1

United States

Hello, thank you for taking the time to look at my thread! So about a month ago I was flying my drone for my business and it randomly said battery error (mid flight), so i returned the aircraft home and when i went to pull the battery out, i saw a thin line of smoke leaving where the bracket meets the battery. So i assumed a circuit board got fried.

I went into DJI ARIZONA, the one located in Scottsdale for a repair (knowing it would obviously cost money when this drone was purchased back in 2015). So I dropped off my drone and both batteries, SPECIFICALLY telling them to look over the BATTERIES and the DRONE.

Three weeks later I pick up my drone from the DJI store and they inform me that the battery bracket/circuit board got fried somehow because "it went bad" and its an old aircraft. From 2015 but I would guess thats old in this growing technology world. They also told me both batteries were perfectly fine and that they TESTED them in their facility.

I finally decide to test my drone at my place the night before a job, just making sure everything was updated like I REQUESTED. Obviously it was not! (But i assumed that with this service). So i updated the aircraft with my "Good" battery and decided to check my other battery (that was turned in with my drone and other battery for repair).

Immediatley when placing the battery into my drone. THE SAME trail of smoke hovered from the exact spot the first time my drone broke. So obviously the circuit board is fried again, obviously from the battery aswell. So i returned to DJI ARIZONA the next day unworried because they told me their is a 30 day repair warranty.

Once again I gave them my Drone, Two Batteries, and Controller. A few days later I get an email through the online portal, And it states

"We have looked over your drone and have found that one of your batteries has gone bad and has caused an electrical shortage.
Unfortunately, this will require the same repair that was done on your drone the last time.
We have created an estimate that will be emailed to you shortly."

I call DJI Arizona Immediatley asking how this could physically be possible when i turned in the same batteries and aircraft in for repair, SPECIFICALLY ASKING TO LOOK OVER THE BATTERIES to see if thats what it caused the repair beforehand! They told me THEY TRIED BOTH BATTERIES LAST TIME and they workerd before the test flight, then "used their batteries for the test flight"  LIKE WTF!!!

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE WHEN I IMMEDIATLEY PUT IN THE SECOND BATTERY THE SAME EXACT CIRCUIT/BATTERY BRACKET GOT FRIED TESTING IN MY HOME?

THEY EVEN TOLD ME BOTH BATTERIES WORKED PERFECTLY WHEN THEY RETURNED THE AIRCRAFT TO ME THE FIRST TIME?
Which is unpossible when it was broken the first time i dropped it off cause thats obviously what caused the problem both times!

Now they are requesting another $150 for repairs, When THEY ARE REPLACING THE EXACT SAME PART AND JUST THROWING AWAY THE BAD BATTERY! ISNT THEIR 30 DAY WARRANTY FOR REPLACING THE SAME PART? I GUESS NOT

Someone please help me. Im a 19 year old trying to live out here, i do not have the funds for this repair again, do they even realize i use this for a business, THE FIRST REPAIR TOOK 3 WEEKS, this ISNT A TOY LIKE HOW UNPROFFESONAL CAN THIS COMPANY BE? Is there someone i can talk to higher up and open up a case and plead my case? I honestly have no idea what to do and this shows me how unstructured DJI and their repair process is. Thank you so much for your time!

2018-6-20
Use props
Luxury Vue 7
lvl.1

United States

DJI ARIZONA REPAIR SCAM??

Hello, thank you for taking the time to look at my thread! So about a month ago I was flying my drone for my business and it randomly said battery error (mid flight), so i returned the aircraft home and when i went to pull the battery out, i saw a thin line of smoke leaving where the bracket meets the battery. So i assumed a circuit board got fried.

I went into DJI ARIZONA, the one located in Scottsdale for a repair (knowing it would obviously cost money when this drone was purchased back in 2015). So I dropped off my drone and both batteries, SPECIFICALLY telling them to look over the BATTERIES and the DRONE.

Three weeks later I pick up my drone from the DJI store and they inform me that the battery bracket/circuit board got fried somehow because "it went bad" and its an old aircraft. From 2015 but I would guess thats old in this growing technology world. They also told me both batteries were perfectly fine and that they TESTED them in their facility.

I finally decide to test my drone at my place the night before a job, just making sure everything was updated like I REQUESTED. Obviously it was not! (But i assumed that with this service). So i updated the aircraft with my "Good" battery and decided to check my other battery (that was turned in with my drone and other battery for repair).

Immediatley when placing the battery into my drone. THE SAME trail of smoke hovered from the exact spot the first time my drone broke. So obviously the circuit board is fried again, obviously from the battery aswell. So i returned to DJI ARIZONA the next day unworried because they told me their is a 30 day repair warranty.

Once again I gave them my Drone, Two Batteries, and Controller. A few days later I get an email through the online portal, And it states

"We have looked over your drone and have found that one of your batteries has gone bad and has caused an electrical shortage.
Unfortunately, this will require the same repair that was done on your drone the last time.
We have created an estimate that will be emailed to you shortly."

I call DJI Arizona Immediatley asking how this could physically be possible when i turned in the same batteries and aircraft in for repair, SPECIFICALLY ASKING TO LOOK OVER THE BATTERIES to see if thats what it caused the repair beforehand! They told me THEY TRIED BOTH BATTERIES LAST TIME and they workerd before the test flight, then "used their batteries for the test flight"  LIKE WTF!!!

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE WHEN I IMMEDIATLEY PUT IN THE SECOND BATTERY THE SAME EXACT CIRCUIT/BATTERY BRACKET GOT FRIED TESTING IN MY HOME?

THEY EVEN TOLD ME BOTH BATTERIES WORKED PERFECTLY WHEN THEY RETURNED THE AIRCRAFT TO ME THE FIRST TIME?
Which is unpossible when it was broken the first time i dropped it off cause thats obviously what caused the problem both times!

Now they are requesting another $150 for repairs, When THEY ARE REPLACING THE EXACT SAME PART AND JUST THROWING AWAY THE BAD BATTERY! ISNT THEIR 30 DAY WARRANTY FOR REPLACING THE SAME PART? I GUESS NOT

Someone please help me. Im a 19 year old trying to live out here, i do not have the funds for this repair again, do they even realize i use this for a business, THE FIRST REPAIR TOOK 3 WEEKS, this ISNT A TOY LIKE HOW UNPROFFESONAL CAN THIS COMPANY BE? Is there someone i can talk to higher up and open up a case and plead my case? I honestly have no idea what to do and this shows me how unstructured DJI and their repair process is. Thank you so much for your time!

2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, I'm sorry for what you've experienced with this repair facility, I would like to ask if you can send me the link via PM of the website where did you get this DJI ARIZONA?
2018-6-20
Use props
Luxury Vue 7
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-20 16:17
Hi, I'm sorry for what you've experienced with this repair facility, I would like to ask if you can send me the link via PM of the website where did you get this DJI ARIZONA?

Im sorry im having a really hard time understanding what you are requesting?
I bought this off a friend about a year ago if thats what your asking.
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Luxury Vue 7 Posted at 2018-6-20 16:23
Im sorry im having a really hard time understanding what you are requesting?
I bought this off a friend about a year ago if thats what your asking.

What I mean is where did you find the DJI ARIZONA? were you able to check if this facility is included in our recommended service center? Please see the link below.
https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-6-20
Use props
Luxury Vue 7
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-20 16:52
What I mean is where did you find the DJI ARIZONA? were you able to check if this facility is included in our recommended service center? Please see the link below.
https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

It is a DJI STORE, Of course its a recommended service center, its an authorized one. ITS DJI ARIZONA in Scottsdale Arizona.
2018-6-20
Use props
DS924
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4028425 ft

Luxury Vue 7 Posted at 2018-6-20 17:30
It is a DJI STORE, Of course its a recommended service center, its an authorized one. ITS DJI ARIZONA in Scottsdale Arizona.

Interesting... I went to the web site and DJI ARIZONA does not appear to be on the "recommended service center" list for any of DJI's UAV products (unless I did something wrong when exploring). In fact, there appear to be six (6) such centers in the U.S.

??????????
2018-6-20
Use props
Luxury Vue 7
lvl.1

United States

DS924 Posted at 2018-6-20 17:48
Interesting... I went to the web site and DJI ARIZONA does not appear to be on the "recommended service center" list for any of DJI's UAV products (unless I did something wrong when exploring). In fact, there appear to be six (6) such centers in the U.S.

??????????

https://djistoreaz.com
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

That must have been frustrating for you, we are so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with the dealer, there are a few things we need to verify.
1. Which drone are you referring to? It seems you didn't mention in the thread.
2. Did you pay for the first repair?
3. May I have your personal info? Like your name, contact number, email account and the repair ticket from the dealer if you have one. Please PM me.
We will verify with the related team to see if there is anything we can do for you, thank you.

2018-6-20
Use props
Luxury Vue 7
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-20 19:36
That must have been frustrating for you, we are so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with the dealer, there are a few things we need to verify.
1. Which drone are you referring to? It seems you didn't mention in the thread.
2. Did you pay for the first repair?

1. Inspire 1 Pro
2. Yes i payed for the drones first repair.
3. ok pming you.
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Luxury Vue 7 Posted at 2018-6-20 20:40
1. Inspire 1 Pro
2. Yes i payed for the drones first repair.
3. ok pming you.

Thanks for the details, I will verify with the related team for further assistance, will come back to you soon once I get any update, thanks for your patience.
2018-6-20
Use props
Luxury Vue 7
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-20 21:37
Thanks for the details, I will verify with the related team for further assistance, will come back to you soon once I get any update, thanks for your patience.

Thanks so much, any updates?
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Luxury Vue 7 Posted at 2018-6-24 10:29
Thanks so much, any updates?

Our related team has contacted the dealer about your concern, but has not received the response yet, we will inform the team to contact them again, I will keep you posted, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-6-24
Use props
Luxury Vue 7
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-24 18:56
Our related team has contacted the dealer about your concern, but has not received the response yet, we will inform the team to contact them again, I will keep you posted, sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you so much for your help, I went in today to pick it up assuming i would have to pay because I can not go without my drone any longer, luckily you guys got in contact with them and issued the part to be under warranty. So the repair was free! Thank you for taking the time to look over my thread and addressing the situation. Very Happy with your response time and everything!
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Luxury Vue 7 Posted at 2018-6-27 11:27
Thank you so much for your help, I went in today to pick it up assuming i would have to pay because I can not go without my drone any longer, luckily you guys got in contact with them and issued the part to be under warranty. So the repair was free! Thank you for taking the time to look over my thread and addressing the situation. Very Happy with your response time and everything!

Glad to know the repair was free, it is our honor to help you and you are welcome, please let us know if there is any further issue. Happy flying.
2018-6-27
Use props
DS924
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4028425 ft

Oh, I have no doubt about the the business being there. I'm just saying it wasn't LISTED as a recommended service center when I went to the site that shows the list.  I don't doubt you at all.
2018-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules