Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Turn off Auto Focus Assistant
3066 9 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CreativeSky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think I am doing this right but I guess I need to ask. I had turned on "Autofocus Assistant" to make sure i can see what is and what is not in focus. I have a Panasonic GH4 and they call it focus peeking. Is this the same thing? Anyways, there are times I need to turn this off but even though it is in the off position, I still see the red focus assist points all over my screen. As you can see from the screen shot, I have it turned off but the red still shows up in the image. Am I missing something?

Many thanks,
Houston

IMG_0318.jpg
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues with your app. May I know what mobile device are you using? What camera did you mount on the drone at that time? Is the firmware updated? Did you try to reinstall the app?
2018-6-21
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-21 05:04
Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues with your app. May I know what mobile device are you using? What camera did you mount on the drone at that time? Is the firmware updated? Did you try to reinstall the app?

iPad with latest iOS
Camera is the X5S with 15mm lens (if that matters)
Firmware is updated
No I did not reinstall the app but I did try it with my phone instead of the ipad and it still will not turn off.
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

CreativeSky Posted at 2018-6-21 05:42
iPad with latest iOS
Camera is the X5S with 15mm lens (if that matters)
Firmware is updated

I see. Can you give me the firmware version of the app, aircraft and remote controller?
2018-6-21
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-21 06:03
I see. Can you give me the firmware version of the app, aircraft and remote controller?

iPhone screen shots

iPad Screen Shots

Video
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Can you fully charge the battery first of the aircraft and see if the red thing in the app will still appear?
2018-6-21
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-21 08:22
Can you fully charge the battery first of the aircraft and see if the red thing in the app will still appear?

Wanda,

I do appreciate your help but now I feel like you are just asking me to do busy work. The charged level of the battery has NOTHING to do with this working or not working. It doesn't matter if I put in a fully charged battery or not, this function does not, well, function like it should. Please believe me when I tell you that it does not matter what level the batteries are at. There is a problem here. Maybe its just me, that is what started this whole thread. Hopefully someone else will chime in here and shed some additional light on this.
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

CreativeSky Posted at 2018-6-21 08:29
Wanda,

I do appreciate your help but now I feel like you are just asking me to do busy work. The charged level of the battery has NOTHING to do with this working or not working. It doesn't matter if I put in a fully charged battery or not, this function does not, well, function like it should. Please believe me when I tell you that it does not matter what level the batteries are at. There is a problem here. Maybe its just me, that is what started this whole thread. Hopefully someone else will chime in here and shed some additional light on this.

I understand and I apologize for making you feel like this. Did you try to format your SD card and use a different USB cable that connects between your remote and mobile device?
2018-6-21
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Houston,
The red lines you see is for focus peeking.

Focus Assistant is a different option and only enlarges the area when you focus so you can see it better.

Attached is a screen shot of where you cange the focus peeking.

Focus peeking

Focus peeking
2018-6-21
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-6-21 11:42
Houston,
The red lines you see is for focus peeking.

Cougar1,

Thank you soooo much for that. Why DJI did not know this right off the bat is my frustration with them. I even mentioned that in my post about what this was actually called. I was wondering if I was switching the correct button. Turns Out I was not.

Wanda, this is nothing against you, I certainly appreciate you trying but quite frankly, DJI should train you better instead of handing you a sheet of canned responses and telling you to go an hang in in the forums.
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules