Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Braking
1434 10 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamjustjohn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

I’m absolutely thrilled with my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. I’ve had it up for many flights now nearly to tallying 5 hours of flight. It’s been very trouble free so far. I hope I’m stating this correctly but what I mean by braking is when you’re flying along in any direction and you release the stick. The drone makes a loud sound and almost stops to hover in place instantly. My question is when the drone brakes in the air is this hard on the craft in anyway? The motors?
2018-6-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, for some, there has been stress fractures under the arms next to the vents, so just keep an eye on that area, ymmvps, im talking about the p4p not the v2 but then the v2 uses the same shell so.....
2018-6-20
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

Me personally, I think it probably is and that includes the shell, props, motors and gimbal.  I made the decision to reduce the braking effect and I tend to slow down rather than do a lot of sudden stops. However, there are occasions when it will brake for an obstacle so modifying the braking effect needs to be taken into account if you fly near or around obstacles.
I have a drone I built myself which gets thrown around the sky so I  tend to treat my P4Pro as a photography platform rather than a sport machine.
2018-6-20
Use props
Mariuss
First Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-6-20 22:37
Me personally, I think it probably is and that includes the shell, props, motors and gimbal.  I made the decision to reduce the braking effect and I tend to slow down rather than do a lot of sudden stops. However, there are occasions when it will brake for an obstacle so modifying the braking effect needs to be taken into account if you fly near or around obstacles.
I have a drone I built myself which gets thrown around the sky so I  tend to treat my P4Pro as a photography platform rather than a sport machine.

Agree with you on this! But  for the obstacle braking, now i might be wrong on this but i have set my braking to a very low but the obstacle braking is sharp as the default braking. Truth be told i've never flown very fast (over 30kmh) and had the obstacle braking activated but it stops on a "dime".
2018-6-21
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

The Phantoms have been doing this for years, and the only sign of them suffering is that some of the shells develop stress cracks, however a lot of the ones that develop cracks are flown gently while a lot of the ones that are regularly flown in sports mode don't develop cracks, so I don't think the stress crack issue has much to do with how they are flown.

Maybe by the time you have flown 1,000 miles, regular rapid braking in sports mode may start to take a toll, but the shells are replaceable so it's still not a huge issue.
2018-6-21
Use props
Brantel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

I have noticed this as well with the 3 P4P 2.0's I have flown over the past month.  I have tried to adjust the braking effect in the app but even when set to the lowest setting, the braking effect is hardly modified at all.  It is like it is always at max braking effect.
2018-6-21
Use props
TheLazyC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1256995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I watched a Youtube video yesterday on tweaking your sittings, one which included smoother braking.
2018-6-21
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-6-21 01:12
The Phantoms have been doing this for years, and the only sign of them suffering is that some of the shells develop stress cracks, however a lot of the ones that develop cracks are flown gently while a lot of the ones that are regularly flown in sports mode don't develop cracks, so I don't think the stress crack issue has much to do with how they are flown.

Maybe by the time you have flown 1,000 miles, regular rapid braking in sports mode may start to take a toll, but the shells are replaceable so it's still not a huge issue.

That's exactly what I think.
It seems like someone is lucky or not with the drone he receives.

With my first and only P4P I have flown more than 1000km by now.
Soemtimes real rough just for fun in sports mode or in very strong winds. And I never lowered the braking settings.

I keep inspecting my drone continously but - knock on wood - no crack signs...
2018-6-21
Use props
Brantel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-21 06:07
I watched a Youtube video yesterday on tweaking your sittings, one which included smoother braking.

The P4P 2.0 's settings for braking seem to have very little effect on the braking response even when turned all the way to the lowest possible setting.
2018-6-21
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

Brantel Posted at 2018-6-21 06:37
The P4P 2.0 's settings for braking seem to have very little effect on the braking response even when turned all the way to the lowest possible setting.

So the braking response settings are for the manual control, not the obstacle avoidance braking?

I'm finding the default braking too abrupt and would like it to decelerate more gracefully. Even if I let off the sticks more gradually, it's still a pretty abrupt stop. Many times it results in movement that is out of range of the gimbal to correct fully.

I guess I will have to play with this in a field and tweak settings and do multiple runs.
2018-6-21
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
First Officer
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

I find the same thing with the V2 brantel..... I like mine at 80.... and after experimenting with different values the V2 braking is not affected no matter what you change the value to. I was chatting with a DJI rep via p.m. about this issue and the compass figures not showing right when the v2 first came out... and yes Mark changing the response for brakes is when you let go of the sticks it will just come to a more docile hover instead of abruptly stop. I think stock setting is 120 and it should be under the menu "sensitivity"
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules