RTH change automatically after changing the flight mode
471 1 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
srzsrd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20075 ft
United States

Just 3 weeks ago a but a nice Mavic pro platinium. I’m flying FPV racing drones, RC helicopters and rc planes since 30 years, so I’m definitely not a beginner.
So last week I was at the beach to film my son at the surf camp. After takeoff I got the message that RTH is set, it’s  the message I’m always wanna to hearto be on the safe side.
After 5 min I changed to the flightmode “Active track” right after I got the message “a new RTH is set”, but I didn’t realized at the moment what that ment. After 20min I pushed the RTH button and walked back to my towel where the drone took off and I expected to see how the drone will land on the towel.
Thank god I was checking visual where the drone was, and figured that the drone was flying in a other direction than home, also, the drone was in the final descent to land in the Atlantic Ocean.
I paused the auto descent and landet manuel at the towel. I was just shocked that that happend, it happend again and again when I changed to  the aktive track flight mode.

So my questins, is that normal or do you guys had simular issues?
Plaese let me know.
Thanks
In the pic you will see the flight recorder screenshot.

IMG_6328.PNG

befor active track

befor active track
2018-6-20
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

You should wait until the aircraft confirmed GSP ready and home point recorded before takeoff. It will update the home point after take off if unable to get enough GPS satellites before takeoff. This will set the home point on the place aircraft get enough GPS satellites.
I always wait until aircraft has 9 satellites or more and confirmed home is set before takeoff. You should also check the home point on map is in correct place to ensure won’t get a surprise.
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules