Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Terrible Customer Service - Sold me a faulty drone & wont replace it
1010 9 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coleygiles
lvl.2
Australia

I purchased a P4 Advanced drone and I had constant issues with it, especially with the "gimbal overload error" and the gimbal vibrating and constantly shaking

I only had the drone for 2 months and had done a handful of short flights in the local park

The drone was causing issues when I needed it for my work and it cost me almost a week worth of work.

I told DJI I wanted a replacement drone and I was going to return it to the place I bought it from and they said I had to send it off to them. I told them I don’t want it to go back to them to have it repaired because what else is wrong with it if the gimbal has been faulty from day I bought it, has it been dropped or are there other faulty components that will cause other issues when its returned

I have had drones that have had hardware issues even after 6 months of owning them and I have asked for it to be replaced and the companies have replaced the drone. Im not sure why a company as big as DJI cant do this.

I told them I didn’t have the time to do this as the drone would gone for a while and I cant go without it for work. I have argued with them for a while and they refuse so I will do my best to make sur other people know about this and don’t buy your product. I have purchased a Yuneec Typhoon H Pro and have had no issues at all.

The drone was sent to them to them on Friday 1st June and I have still haven’t got it back so it was just like I thought it would be. They insist on sending the same faulty drone back so I’m selling the drone on Gumtree when it eventually turns up as I have a drone that is working and I refuse to use a DJI product again

I will be positing this on every drone forum and facebook page there is (dji.forum.com, phantompilots.com, mavicpilots.com, sparkpilots.zone and inspirepilots.com)  to make sure I effect your business like you have affected mine, my 5 days of lost work wont compare to what their losses will be.

I would never buy a damn thing from this company again

2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi coleygiles, sorry for the unpleasant experience with the drone and the trouble caused. I managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-1920962-B6B1D3. I see the drone has been repaired and shipped out after the flight test and quality evaluation.
Please note the replacement service can only be provided within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product suffers performance failure according to our After-Sales Policy. Hope your kind understanding. We do apologize that the drone cannot be replaced, the shipped drone has been fully tested, please let us know any time if there is any further issue when you get it back. GTScreenshot_20180621_171405.png
2018-6-21
Use props
coleygiles
lvl.2
Australia

Im out of pocket AUD $2000, not to mention the money I lost because I couldn't work because I was sold a faulty drone by DJI. I have put this whole shocking scenario up on every drone facebook page, as well as forums like phantompilots.com, mavicpilots.com, sparkpilots.zone and inspirepilots.com today as well. I've made sure its on all the Drone and DJI Twitter pages as well, all this bad publicity for the sake of 1 faulty, it really does show how DJI values their customer support. They'd rather have these kind of reviews rather than replace a faulty drone. I didn't want it repaired because what else is wrong with it, maybe I go a dud drone, thats why I wanted a replacement. As an example, I bought a Swellpro Splash drone 3 last year and it had a fault with the motors, I called them up and they sent me out a replacement straight away , which arrived in 5 days, thats how you treat your customers. Bad reviews travels fast and I will make sure this doesn't happen to other people.

You have had the drone for almost 4 weeks now, it doesnt make a difference to me as its going on Gumtree when it eventually turns up, but I will make sure people know how you treat your customers, the people are the phone were rude to me as well by the way

Its strange how I have never had issues with any companies I have dealt with except DJI. I will keep putting these up every week until I get some kind of remuneration (complimentary DJI Care Refresh so the new owner gets some kind of assurance if it breaks again) or a replacement drone, it takes me 20 seconds to copy and paste this each week, its your reputation on the line, not mine
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

coleygiles Posted at 2018-6-28 19:51
Im out of pocket AUD $2000, not to mention the money I lost because I couldn't work because I was sold a faulty drone by DJI. I have put this whole shocking scenario up on every drone facebook page, as well as forums like phantompilots.com, mavicpilots.com, sparkpilots.zone and inspirepilots.com today as well. I've made sure its on all the Drone and DJI Twitter pages as well, all this bad publicity for the sake of 1 faulty, it really does show how DJI values their customer support. They'd rather have these kind of reviews rather than replace a faulty drone. I didn't want it repaired because what else is wrong with it, maybe I go a dud drone, thats why I wanted a replacement. As an example, I bought a Swellpro Splash drone 3 last year and it had a fault with the motors, I called them up and they sent me out a replacement straight away , which arrived in 5 days, thats how you treat your customers. Bad reviews travels fast and I will make sure this doesn't happen to other people.

You have had the drone for almost 4 weeks now, it doesnt make a difference to me as its going on Gumtree when it eventually turns up, but I will make sure people know how you treat your customers, the people are the phone were rude to me as well by the way

Hi coleygiles, we do apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused to your work, and we have explained clearly about our after-sales policy that we are unable to provide a replacement regarding your case, your drone has been repaired under warranty and made flight test before shipping out, did you receive it and is everything working well now?
2018-6-28
Use props
coleygiles
lvl.2
Australia

Havent received it yet, as I said I will be selling it on gumtree the minute it arrives so I wont really know if you fixed it

I know you wont do anything to satisfy your customer so this is really just to let people know how what you do when you send out a faulty drone and let people know about your customer service.
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

coleygiles Posted at 2018-6-29 00:06
Havent received it yet, as I said I will be selling it on gumtree the minute it arrives so I wont really know if you fixed it

I know you wont do anything to satisfy your customer so this is really just to let people know how what you do when you send out a faulty drone and let people know about your customer service.

Your request has been escalated to the higher team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-6-30
Use props
coleygiles
lvl.2

Its a bit late for this now, I asked for this to be escalated weeks ago. The drone is on its way back now?????
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

coleygiles Posted at 2018-6-30 19:40
Its a bit late for this now, I asked for this to be escalated weeks ago. The drone is on its way back now?????

When you started this thread, the drone has already been shipped out and we just would like you to know why the drone was not able to be replaced, since you still don't agree with our replacement policy and this is beyond what we admin can do, therefore, the case was escalated to the higher team to see if there is anything else we can do, please wait patiently for the further communication, thank you.
2018-7-1
Use props
coleygiles
lvl.2
Australia

I fought for ages to get the faulty drone replaced, there was obviously issues if it was faulty from when I got it. All I asked was for the drone to be replaced, not repaired as I believe I will still would have had other issues with it. DJI refused to do that so thats why I will make life difficult for them. I asked for some kind of remuneration as I lost money due to not being able to use the drone and nothing. I asked for complimentary DJI Care Refresh if the same drone was being returned and they wouldn't even do that after all the issues I had.

I was told by DJI that the case had been escalated already so I assume that wasnt true either. I have all the emails showing this if anyone at DJI doesn't believe this was the case

Either way, escalating it now when the drone was repaired and shipped back to the owner is not the smartest customer service Ive seen

2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

coleygiles Posted at 2018-7-1 19:26
I fought for ages to get the faulty drone replaced, there was obviously issues if it was faulty from when I got it. All I asked was for the drone to be replaced, not repaired as I believe I will still would have had other issues with it. DJI refused to do that so thats why I will make life difficult for them. I asked for some kind of remuneration as I lost money due to not being able to use the drone and nothing. I asked for complimentary DJI Care Refresh if the same drone was being returned and they wouldn't even do that after all the issues I had.

I was told by DJI that the case had been escalated already so I assume that wasnt true either. I have all the emails showing this if anyone at DJI doesn't believe this was the case

The higher team will contact you about your request, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules