Back From Repair ... Needs To Go Straight Back
893 11 2018-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
psara
lvl.2

Australia

I am so peeved right now with you guys. My Phantom 4 has just been returned from your Australian service centre after having the Micro SD card issue fixed. Yes, that issue has been resolved - my SD card now locks in like it should. Took it out for a quick test flight as the sunset looked too good not to shoot. The bird performs well, no dramas at all. Get it home, download the photo's and notice what appear to be dead pixels ... and lots of them. They either dead pixels or something is wrong with the sensor - a problem that was NOT PRESENT when I sent the drone to DJI. I went through the last lot of images that were taken before I had to send my Phantom in for the SD card issue, no dead pixels, clear images, no issues with my photos at all. EXIF data proves when tey were taken. I even tried cleaning the lens and lens cover thinking it may have been something on them, but they were clear.
So i just had to lodge another case ... CAS-1914128-P7Y7R9

I really hope you dont have the audacity to even think about charging me a cent this time. Great, more hassle packing, sending, dealing with automated responses and yet more time lost without my drone.

Dead Pixels

Dead Pixels
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You have our sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience with the repair center, just to verify, does each picture and video have the same dead pixels? Have you tried to reset the camera settings? Is the firmware up to date? Any chance to provide us several original pictures for analysis?
2018-6-21
Use props
psara
lvl.2

Australia

Yes, each picture has the exact same pixels. Camera reset. Firmware up to date. I dont shoot video so not sure, I only shoot stills.
Should i post pictures here in this thread?
2018-6-21
Use props
psara
lvl.2

Australia

Forgot to mention. This is a crop of the original image but these pixels are noticeable at original size
2018-6-21
Use props
psara
lvl.2

Australia

Dead pixels always in the exact same spot .... top right and top left
spots2.jpg
spots3.jpg
spots4.jpg
2018-6-21
Use props
psara
lvl.2

Australia

Well? Photos have been up for a while. Any thought DJI Mindy?
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

psara Posted at 2018-6-21 17:15
Well? Photos have been up for a while. Any thought DJI Mindy?

Sorry for the late response. Please kindly upload the original pictures of the SD card to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with us, we'd like to check the exact status and help you out soon.
2018-6-21
Use props
psara
lvl.2

Australia

psara
2018-6-21
Use props
psara
lvl.2

Australia

psara Posted at 2018-6-21 22:28
psara

Link in above post as requested
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

psara Posted at 2018-6-22 00:19
Link in above post as requested

Well received, thank you so much! I'm afraid that you might need to send this unit in again. This case has been forwarded to the designated team, they will keep follow up and help you get this out soon. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-6-22
Use props
psara
lvl.2

Australia

So what guarantees do I have that I will not be charged for your errors? What guarantees will I have that I will not have to wait another 3 weeks without my drone? What guarantees will I have that I will not have to spend countless hours on my phone or email fighting something that was the result of poor workmanship on your behalf? What guarantees do i have that this will be treated as a priority? What guarantees will I have that my drone will be repaired properly and I wont have to send it in again?
Right now I'm a really disgruntled and unsatisfied customer. All I've read from these forums dating back 2 years are complaints from other customers just like myself and promises from you guys that you will seek to improve customer service, yet 2 years on more complaints roll through and more promises are broken.
At the end of the day I can live without my drone for a few weeks, but what I'm not looking forward to with this case is the back and forth that will no doubt start once you guys go looking for money
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

psara Posted at 2018-6-22 10:33
So what guarantees do I have that I will not be charged for your errors? What guarantees will I have that I will not have to wait another 3 weeks without my drone? What guarantees will I have that I will not have to spend countless hours on my phone or email fighting something that was the result of poor workmanship on your behalf? What guarantees do i have that this will be treated as a priority? What guarantees will I have that my drone will be repaired properly and I wont have to send it in again?
Right now I'm a really disgruntled and unsatisfied customer. All I've read from these forums dating back 2 years are complaints from other customers just like myself and promises from you guys that you will seek to improve customer service, yet 2 years on more complaints roll through and more promises are broken.
At the end of the day I can live without my drone for a few weeks, but what I'm not looking forward to with this case is the back and forth that will no doubt start once you guys go looking for money

I'd like to express my sincere sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you, we care about our customers so much, your case has been forwarded to our superior team, we will have someone to contact you soon in a business day. Appreciate your patience.
2018-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules