Just had an awesome experience with 24/7 tech support
1185 4 2015-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

I didn't think I would ever experience it, but tech support just pulled a 180 for me.

I was getting errors on my replacement inspire when trying to upgrade battery firmware..."battery connection to the center board has failed"

Inspire_Steven walked me through testing all of my batteries and we ended up sorting through log files to find that the gimble assembly was not being recognized intermitently.
The intermitently part was the tricky part to figure out.  Turns out one of the pins is ever so slightly bent on the aircraft connection side and it is causing my update failures.

This in of itself is not a huge feat for tech support, however I just finished a 13 hour drive and was very tired throughout the process.  Inspire_Steven was patient with my bumbling throughout the entire ordeal and sorted out my issues quiclkly.

Part has now been ordered and I'll be back in the air this comming week  I will be more cautious now while connecting and disconnecting the gimble.

Thanks Tech Support, keep up the good work

2015-5-16
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Very glad to hear DJI sorted your problems. Soundly like they did a good job.
2015-5-16
Use props
insectorchid3
lvl.2

United States

yes nice post to see over all the
2015-5-16
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

They've been listening.
2015-5-16
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Previously DJI was using foreign language major university interns out of China as the people who answered the 24/7 tech support which is why every answer was "call dji tech support in California sir"... This needs to be typed twice for clarity- DJI was using unpaid university students whose sole quality for "employment" was knowing how to speak English...  Really nice kids who meant their best but knew absolutely nothing about the product and were given an internship simply because they could read/speak English.. Source: Ask them.

Maybe the phantom 3 24/7 support and 3DR's big announcements about customer service have made them hire US based people who are actually knowledgable about the product?
2015-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules