Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IPAD 2 mini lost connection all the time thanks DJI
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>

i have to sell my iPad mini 2 because the same thing day in out i could only get 30 mitres and about 60 mitres up and screen go's funny and then the drone is disconnected i tried it 4 times with the iPad my friend has the same problem but when i swop it to  my Samsung s8  or after take off my DJI goggles no problem. what  made me mad is i only got the iPad because it said on the box made for Apple and i had a new Samsung tab E and it did not work at the time i got the drone i don't have a tablet what do DJI say i need? i don't have the money for a CrystalSky
i was in a good outdoor open area where the GPS was good and no magnetic interference i was on the on the beach
this is not the first time it as done this it's been going on for about 3 months

i have a DJI Phantom p4 pro my iPad was updated yesterday my DJI GO4 was the latest my drone is how it came in the box (no mods)
yet again i will lose £200+ on a new tablet

2018-6-21
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

The mini 2 does not have enough processing power for the P4Pro.

It works fine on an Inspire 1 from 2015....but NOT the P4Pro.  I went and bought the iPad 9.7 WiFi and it runs great!!, and fits the mount.

Randy
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for this trouble. The Ipad mini 2 and Samsung Tab E are not on the list of the tested and recommended devices for Phantom 4 Pro. But for Samsung Tab E, we receive a feedback that some are working fine and some are not. This concern has been forwarded to our Developer Team to do some test on that device and confirm it. I highly recommend checking our website for the updates. May I know what is the message showing up on your screen? Also, if you can share a screenshot or image that would be a great help. Thank you.

2018-6-21
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>

i get a flashing screen and then sometimes it says signal in reg in the top right just before it go's black and wight and say's disconnected this is the same on my friends phantom 4 and on the box it came in it never said IOS version v4.2.8 it said made for IOS  or Apple it was fine until all the updates as you can see i have spent lots of my money with DJI now my iPad is no good for the job i am going to have to spend more money on a new tablet
it was bad when i spent money on the DJI googles only to be told well you have to take off and then swap over from the tablet to the googles that was't on the box all i was told the p4pro had to have a lead in more money down the drain is that how dji is get your money and if it works we will change it so fed up
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Wizzokartworld Posted at 2018-6-21 15:32
i get a flashing screen and then sometimes it says signal in reg in the top right just before it go's black and wight and say's disconnected this is the same on my friends phantom 4 and on the box it came in it never said IOS version v4.2.8 it said made for IOS  or Apple it was fine until all the updates as you can see i have spent lots of my money with DJI now my iPad is no good for the job i am going to have to spend more money on a new tablet
it was bad when i spent money on the DJI googles only to be told well you have to take off and then swap over from the tablet to the googles that was't on the box all i was told the p4pro had to have a lead in more money down the drain is that how dji is get your money and if it works we will change it so fed up

Thank you for your response and we are sorry again for the inconvenience. This concern has already been forwarded to our Developer Team. By the way, if you can send us a sample photo showing the issue. We can better review and assist you with it.
2018-6-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wizzokartworld Posted at 2018-6-21 15:32
i get a flashing screen and then sometimes it says signal in reg in the top right just before it go's black and wight and say's disconnected this is the same on my friends phantom 4 and on the box it came in it never said IOS version v4.2.8 it said made for IOS  or Apple it was fine until all the updates as you can see i have spent lots of my money with DJI now my iPad is no good for the job i am going to have to spend more money on a new tablet
it was bad when i spent money on the DJI googles only to be told well you have to take off and then swap over from the tablet to the googles that was't on the box all i was told the p4pro had to have a lead in more money down the drain is that how dji is get your money and if it works we will change it so fed up

i have spent lots of my money with DJI now my iPad is no good for the job i am going to have to spend more money on a new tablet
Your iPad mini 2 came out back in November 2013!
It's a dinosaur and simply not up to the job.
That's how technology goes.
Stop complaining and get a decent tablet.
2018-6-21
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>

Captain my ipad may have came out in 2013 but i got it much later and it was fine until all these updates and they don't make my drone fly any different . well that's not true it fly's worse now it has the rang of  a car with no wheels
i like how everyone can just say buy a new tablet and buy this and that i work hard for my money and like to spend it not wast it i had a good setup now it's useless i just feel that all DJI is interested in is money and not the after care like i said just resent i go the DJI googles  knowing i would need a cable from my hand set but there was nothing about connecting tablet then wait for full GPS then unplug the tablet to plug in the googles and the out come of that from DJI we will forwarded to our Developer Team so got your money on your way
and how many tablets will in need in the next six months before that is out dated?
2018-6-22
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>

Hi again now I am losing it we went for a quick fly yesterday evening all was the same has it was on my iPad mini 2 but this was with my Huawei m5 Android, tablet so we tried it on my friends drone no problem and he said he has never had a problem with his iPad mini 2 and he did the same flight as me 3 times with no problem the wind was about 13mph no magnetic interference clear line of sight so I think its the drone I had my drone replaced by DJI with a new one in October 2017 would this still be under warranty?
Here is a screen recording watch the compass
2018-6-28
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Wizzokartworld Posted at 2018-6-28 12:32
Hi again now I am losing it we went for a quick fly yesterday evening all was the same has it was on my iPad mini 2 but this was with my Huawei m5 Android, tablet so we tried it on my friends drone no problem and he said he has never had a problem with his iPad mini 2 and he did the same flight as me 3 times with no problem the wind was about 13mph no magnetic interference clear line of sight so I think its the drone I had my drone replaced by DJI with a new one in October 2017 would this still be under warranty?
Here is a screen recording watch the compass
https://youtu.be/jn4jO9OR1oY

I believe that if you want to demonstrate an issue, you should not choose just the place with the possibly largest chance for having equipment that would interfere your signals to show it.

It somehow would compare to hold up a closed plasic bag with your cat to show your smoking neighbor that his smoke course the cat respiration problems ... or something, well best luck getting your issue solved if it really is there.
2018-6-29
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>

KedDK this is an old watch tower the equipment is for show  all the original stuff was removed by the RAF OBVIOUSLY and the other phantom had no problems would you like me to put the footage of a phantom 4 and a mavic i don't think the mavic is a pro that had no problems? and before you try passing comments about things you obviously have no idea about. try asking not being so sarcastic.  you do sound like an expert that has more idea than DJI you should build drones NOT
2018-6-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Wizzokartworld Posted at 2018-6-29 04:04
KedDK this is an old watch tower the equipment is for show  all the original stuff was removed by the RAF OBVIOUSLY and the other phantom had no problems would you like me to put the footage of a phantom 4 and a mavic i don't think the mavic is a pro that had no problems? and before you try passing comments about things you obviously have no idea about. try asking not being so sarcastic.  you do sound like an expert that has more idea than DJI you should build drones NOT

It is very clear that your problem start as you approach that place and get worse as you enter from the side so what ever it is for show or not clearly something is still being used for whatever in the place. If nothing else then possibly a solid wifi network for the visitors.

I need no knowledge of that place to state that if you wan't to visualize you have a problem that would be the a very bad example to show it.
2018-6-30
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It was the first time I got to video the problem like I said no one else had a problem I will try to do a different video but it will do the same thing on OPEN landscape
2018-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules