drone battery life???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

Just curious...how long should a P4A battery last?  Not per flight, but months, years???  I keep them charged after flights (after cool-down), and if not flying for extended periods, take them down to 30-35% for storage.  I've had my P4A for about a year now and seems the batteries dont stay charged as long as they used to.  At $168 each, I think they should last for several years.   
2018-6-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maintained properly they should last for years rather than months. That said, they will degrade a little over time so your total flight time will gradually drop. It won't be a case of being 100% for 2 years then they go dead - it's a slow process.
2018-6-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The iOS DJI Go app used to have a Battery Life reading
Not sure why the advantage was removed??

I believe it still exists in the Android version.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. The lifespan of the battery depends on how you maintain the battery.  Keep it in a water-free environment and set an auto-discharging time. The battery should be fully charged and discharged once every 3 months to keep it activated.
2018-6-21
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

If you follow DJI's guidelines strictly you would do a full charge/discharge cycle at least once every 3 months, see maintenance under the Notice section on page4.
To figure out what a full discharge is meant to be, refer to the last part on page 34 of the manual, pay attention to the less than statement.

If you know beforehand that you won't be using it for some time you might be better just charge it to 50% after use and cool down rather than charge it full in order to discharge it to 35% later.
2018-6-22
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

I usually fly my P4A until the battery is approximately 30%, sometimes less.  Before charging, I let them completely cool down for at least an hour, then fully charge and unplug.  Stored in the original case the drone came in.  Never been wet or even near water.  After they have sat unused for a week, the 3rd bar is now blinking.  Seems they go down pretty fast for not being used.  Maybe its just me.  I will use them until they are not usable any more.  Thanks for the replies...much appreciated.  
2018-6-23
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

VetteGuyZ06 Posted at 2018-6-23 01:25
I usually fly my P4A until the battery is approximately 30%, sometimes less.  Before charging, I let them completely cool down for at least an hour, then fully charge and unplug.  Stored in the original case the drone came in.  Never been wet or even near water.  After they have sat unused for a week, the 3rd bar is now blinking.  Seems they go down pretty fast for not being used.  Maybe its just me.  I will use them until they are not usable any more.  Thanks for the replies...much appreciated.

Hello VG, the above answers are correct and if this can help with your question, one of my Batteries is in use for over 2 years, has over 300 flights- charges and a Battery life of between 30-40 %, still fly 20 min with it.  
2018-6-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If you take care of it, it will last a long time.  If you forget about it and ignore it for a while, it'll die just like that pet hamster you forgot to feed when you were nine.  
2018-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules