Gimbal of Zenmuse Z30 does not move
3356 6 2018-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pedro Gonçalves
lvl.2

Brazil

Hello everyone!

The gimbal of my Zenmuse Z30 camera does not respond to any movement command whatsoever. Has anyone seen this?

When I turn on my M210RTK or Matrice 200 with this camera, it does it's normal movement during startup. However, it will not move in any direction after that.
The camera is working fine. It takes photos, records videos and zooms.

I have tried without success:

• Gimbal controls on the cendence controller,
  • Tap, hold and drag on the CrystalSky monitor,
  • Tap zoom of the Z30 - It does zoom but doesn't move in the direction of the target.
  • Gimbal calibration - doesn't complete and shows message "gimbal calibration failed".

Any help is appreciated.
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. I'll check with our engineers and see whether there are better suggestions, and come back later.
2018-6-22
Use props
Pedro Gonçalves
lvl.2

Brazil

Thank you Susan. I'll wait.
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pedro Gonçalves Posted at 2018-6-22 08:19
Thank you Susan. I'll wait.

Pedro, just to verify, has the Z30 been updated to the latest version? Does the issue remain if changed to another working gimbal? If others work well, I'm afraid that it might be the gimbal issue and need service, sorry about this.
2018-6-24
Use props
Pedro Gonçalves
lvl.2

Brazil

Thank you for your response Susan.

Yes, The camera's firmware was already up to date but I have downloaded the latest version from the DJI website and made the update again just to be sure.

I don't know what you mean by "change to another working gimbal". Do you suggest unscrewing the camera from it's gimbal?
I did try the camera on both gimbal positions (1 and 2) of my M210RTK, as well as on my matrice 200. It didn't work in any of those cases. I do have another Z30 camera that works fine in any position or drone.

Best regards.
2018-6-25
Use props
Pedro Gonçalves
lvl.2

Brazil

Hello DJI

I solved my problem a long time ago and I am now reporting a DJI Bug.
The Zenmuse Z30 camera should not be installed on position 2 of the Matrice 200 series dual gimbal support. I use Zenmuse Z30 and Zenmuse XT cameras. Usually Z30 goes on position 1 and XT on 2. One time I swapped them, thinking it would make no difference. But, once I returned it to position 1, it did. It appeared that the camera messed up some parameters and refused to obey the controls. I had to remove camera XT and use DJI GO 4 to reset the parameters. It fixed it.
2019-4-2
Use props
Yhcus
New

Poland

Hi, I have the same problem with the Zenmuse Z30 in the Matrice 200. It worked normally on Tuesday, but I can't control the gimbal today. The camera does the test correctly during startup. Do you have a solution to your problem?
2019-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules