Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unstable Auto Takeoff
875 11 2018-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lwood
New
United States

Has anyone encountered unstable or wobbly movements during auto takoff on the Mavic Air?
2018-6-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Can you post a video please? Did you have a stable GPS link at take off time (11 satellites min.)? If you wish so, please upload the relating flightrecord to this site and share the link with us: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-6-21
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you flying indoors or outside?    Did this just start happening?  

Upload your logs using the link @Wachtberger posted, and we'll see if we can assist you in figuring out what is going on
2018-6-21
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Earlier firmware may cause this problem. What is your firmware version?
2018-6-21
Use props
lwood
New
United States

I have the current firmware and have updated and calibrated everything by the book.  11 or 12 satellites available. Tried the capture program you suggested and it didn't go anywhere that I could capture - will try agin.  FYI - DJI technical support suggested erasing the dpi go 4 program and reinstalling.  Did that and it did seem to improve the stability of the take off.  Manually taking of was smooth as glass.

How do you share the link once downloaded from your process link?
2018-6-22
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

lwood Posted at 2018-6-22 13:48
I have the current firmware and have updated and calibrated everything by the book.  11 or 12 satellites available. Tried the capture program you suggested and it didn't go anywhere that I could capture - will try agin.  FYI - DJI technical support suggested erasing the dpi go 4 program and reinstalling.  Did that and it did seem to improve the stability of the take off.  Manually taking of was smooth as glass.

How do you share the link once downloaded from your process link?

When you see the Phantomhelp  results page just copy the URL from the address bar and paste into a post here.
2018-6-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

lwood Posted at 2018-6-22 13:48

How do you share the link once downloaded from your process link?

You just upload your flightrecord to that site ond once it is processed there you share the website link of where it is displayed. But this is no longer required in your case now since you had sufficient satellites. Should there be any further issues just record a video with your Mavic Air and post it here or do a screenrecording on your mobile device, there are good and free Apps available for that.
But glad to hear that for the time being all is working well! :-)
2018-6-22
Use props
lwood
New
United States

I just tried it again and I "think" this is the website link.   This is more complicated than 5th grade math.   I have flown real helicopters for 25 years and these little guys are sometimes more difficult.

My thanks to everyone.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/LR7GHKF2G306GAZS1ZOK/
2018-6-22
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

lwood Posted at 2018-6-22 14:50
I just tried it again and I "think" this is the website link.   This is more complicated than 5th grade math.   I have flown real helicopters for 25 years and these little guys are sometimes more difficult.

My thanks to everyone.

You probably have the propeller guard turned on in your settings.  Seen this before.  Turn it off.

Propeller guard or extra payload detected. Flight performance will be affected. Fly with caution.

Turn off enclosed propeller guard.
2018-6-22
Use props
lwood
New
United States

How or where do you turn that off.  The system automatically detected it last time.
2018-6-22
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

lwood Posted at 2018-6-22 15:06
How or where do you turn that off.  The system automatically detected it last time.

Actually looking I am not sure it is a setting in the Mavic Air I know it is one in the Mavic Pro you have to turn on/off for propeller guards.  Cannot find for Mavic Air as I do not have MA.
2018-6-22
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

lwood Posted at 2018-6-22 15:06

I would check all of your propellers and ensure they are attached correctly.  Do you have a spare set of propellers you can try and swap out?
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules