What is the cubic-inch displacement for a Mavic Pro Platinum?
859 4 2018-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2f5067e1
New
United States

Hi there,

New Mavic Pro Platinum User, my first drone.  I was looking at the laws in my area and for our city parks there is a restriction on drones.  

The rule states:
It is unlawful to use motorized model aircraft or watercraft in any  park, except as specifically designated. Any use of such models with  engines or motors with a greater than twenty-five one hundredths  cubic-inch displacement is prohibited.

I cannot find what the cubic-inch displacement is.  Has anyone calulated this information?

Thanks in advance!

2018-6-21
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

Your Mavic motors are electric - such displacement calculations only apply to liquid fueled engines.
2018-6-21
Use props
Kiltsurfer
New
United States

sanuk Posted at 2018-6-21 15:12
Your Mavic motors are electric - such displacement calculations only apply to liquid fueled engines.

So would that mean that we are not breaking the rules because our engines do not exceed the rules?  

I'm sure it will come up, but it does look like a loop hole in the rules.

Thanks
2018-6-21
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

Kiltsurfer Posted at 2018-6-21 15:16
So would that mean that we are not breaking the rules because our engines do not exceed the rules?  

I'm sure it will come up, but it does look like a loop hole in the rules.

It depends, I guess, on where you are, and who is setting the rules.

In some countries the weight of the drone (eg over 2kg) is all that they specify in flight prohibitions.
2018-6-21
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

It refers to model airplanes or helicopters running .25 nitro motors.  Largish 500 sized helicopters and airplanes (monoplanes) with 48-60 inch wingspans would use those motors.  According to those rules the smaller aircraft could be used as "specifically designated."  My .40 sport plane would be out of luck but my .15 plane would be okay.  Both planes are electric but are sized for those size nitro motors.
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules