How can I disable the self landing
795 8 2018-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thep4p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374429 ft
United States

I got a mavic pro platinum a few months ago. And was wondering if i could disable the self landing, Or is that possible I have a phantom 4 pro and i can land it myself.

2018-6-21
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Are you talking about RTH?  Or are you talking about how the sensors slow it down during landing to ensure you do not do a hard landing?  Just go into the settings and turn off the sensors and you can land at your control just be careful and do not go full stick down or well it will meet the ground very hard.  
2018-6-21
Use props
thep4p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374429 ft
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-21 20:20
Are you talking about RTH?  Or are you talking about how the sensors slow it down during landing to ensure you do not do a hard landing?  Just go into the settings and turn off the sensors and you can land at your control just be careful and do not go full stick down or well it will meet the ground very hard.

well i'll just leave it alone haha, it was not the RTH. plus i don't want it to land hard. thanks for the repsonds
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch off landing protection in the advanced section of the sensor menu within the app but as Sparks said, it will come down hard if you are not careful on the throttle.
2018-6-22
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-22 08:53
Switch off landing protection in the advanced section of the sensor menu within the app but as Sparks said, it will come down hard if you are not careful on the throttle.

Indeed and when testing this one time I turned off and was landing it was coming down fast and just barely stopped it 3" from the ground before stopping.  was a close one.  I always leave on.
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-22 10:35
Indeed and when testing this one time I turned off and was landing it was coming down fast and just barely stopped it 3" from the ground before stopping.  was a close one.  I always leave on.

I only turn it off if I want to hand catch otherwise, it's a good feature to have.
2018-6-22
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-22 11:17
I only turn it off if I want to hand catch otherwise, it's a good feature to have.

Very good point.  You know I have never tried to hand catch.  But may be good to try out because never know when I would have to in case of emergency.  How do you kill the motors when holding the AC in one hand?  Just hit the land button on the app??
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-22 11:21
Very good point.  You know I have never tried to hand catch.  But may be good to try out because never know when I would have to in case of emergency.  How do you kill the motors when holding the AC in one hand?  Just hit the land button on the app??

Switch off landing protection, hover the drone near to you with the side facing you, place your finger tips underneath the drone, grip then hold down the throttle stick for 2-3 seconds to disarm the motors then walk away with the drone in hand. Simple. Be careful doing it on windy days though. Hand launch is a little more tricky than land as you have to use the app.
2018-6-22
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-22 11:26
Switch off landing protection, hover the drone near to you with the side facing you, place your finger tips underneath the drone, grip then hold down the throttle stick for 2-3 seconds to disarm the motors then walk away with the drone in hand. Simple. Be careful doing it on windy days though. Hand launch is a little more tricky than land as you have to use the app.

Got it makes complete sense.  Thanks my friend.
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules