Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I always use the auto-take off feature ....
1103 5 2015-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Total
First Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

I always use the auto-take off feature .... but land with only using the left control stick .....    Seems to work great ..

2015-5-16
Use props
Jon.hopkins.1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I use neither RTH, auto take off or land. Part of the fun of owning a drone in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, they are cool features but I'd only ever use RTH in an emergency and most say on this forum.
2015-5-16
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Jon.hopkins.1@o Posted at 2015-5-17 07:21
I use neither RTH, auto take off or land. Part of the fun of owning a drone in my opinion. Don't get ...

A man after my own heart. Not much fun flying on autopilot, huh?
2015-5-16
Use props
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

I warn about using RTH (except for when it is useful - in emergencies, and lets hope we don't have any of those). Don't rely on these auto-things too much. It is better to learn to fly. Possibly even on something less fragile and expensive like the Phantom 3. I often suggest learning to fly on a cheap quadcopter, like the Hubsan X4 or similar.

Also, I suggest - when you're comfortable - to learn how to "hand-catch"-land. Thats how I land all the time. You can find videos on YouTube showing people "hand-landing" or "catching" the Phantom. Be very careful and have plenty of battery and time and room around you - and make sure you try on a calm day. The blades are dangerous - but if you're careful this is the way to go regarding landings. This way you can land anywhere. And you don't have to worrying about landing on a rock or something damaging your gimbal/camera and you don't have to worry about the Phantom tipping over.

Good luck.

-

Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-16
Use props
CapitAn
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l haven't tried the auto-takeoff feature yet, l can't see a use for it unless you're holding a camera in the other hand to get a shot of the Phantom hovering
l do use the RTH occasionally just to test it out (haven't tried it yet on P3). lt's good to at least try everything out routinely, even if you're not going to use them. Like flipping in and out of atti, or course-lock, or failsafe, just in case something happens, your fingers will know where to go and what's going to happen - a reaction scheme.
2015-5-17
Use props
Ulysse
First Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Always use auto-takeoff too but always ready to react with the sticks in the case of things going wrong.
I never use auto-land which is too hard. On a flat surface I land manually and elsewhere a hand catch.
2015-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules