600 3 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickaerials
lvl.1
Flight distance : 398566 ft
Australia

Hi all,

I've recently had a pretty negative experience with the DJI support team. I purchased a Phantom 4 mid last year, and after a month or so of regular use with no damage, hard landings or crashes, I experienced issues with the gimbal refusing to power up with the drone. Here's a link to that thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-98034-1-1.html
No worries, I sent it in to DJI and had the gimbal repaired under warranty and had the drone back after 3 weeks. However, the exact same issue occured again as soon as the drone was returned - intermittent gimbal initiation and issues with the camera. Thankfully, when I sent the drone back in again for a second time, the case was escelated and the model was seemingly returned to me with no issues. But fast forward a few months with barely any use, and photos and videos recorded from the Phantom have started to display many hot pixels and white vertical lines across the footage, making the drone nearly unusable for photography. Here's a link to the previous thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-142440-1-1.html

For a third time, I have sent in the unit a few days ago and have today received an email stating that the drone will not be repaired under warranty and that I have to pay a repair fee of $99 for gimbal replacement. I'm pretty upset with the service considering that firstly, sending in the unit 3 times should result in a replacement under warranty as stated under DJI's policy, and secondly that I have taken very good care of my Phantom and have had no issues with crashes or damage of any kind leading up to these issues.
If anyone from DJI can help me sort out this case and explain what's going on with the fee I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers
Nick
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Nick, may I have the latest case number? I've managed to get the forum info and only found previous cases. Could you check and confirm? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-6-22
Use props
nickaerials
lvl.1
Flight distance : 398566 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-22 04:21
Hi Nick, may I have the latest case number? I've managed to get the forum info and only found previous cases. Could you check and confirm? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.

Hi Susan, the case number is CAS-1607001-N4N9M5 . Thanks
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

nickaerials Posted at 2018-6-22 13:50
Hi Susan, the case number is CAS-1607001-N4N9M5 . Thanks

Hi Nick, thanks for providing the case number, as per check, your drone has been out of the warranty period, so you need to bear the repair cost, please be noted. Kindly please check the Warranty Period of Main Parts* for the Phantom 4 from this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy, hope this can helps to make it more clearly. Appreciate your kind understanding.

2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules