Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air built in SD card
1305 12 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qJYiW0dbBJHj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8028 ft

Hi,
I am a new MA user having got mine as an early irthday present on father's day last weekend.

I immediately went and bought an SD card without checking the requirements and got the slow speed error when I tried to record. That was my bad. Luckily I can usef a large SD card elsewhere so money not wasted really.

As expected the videos I had from that trip were smeared all over the place.

On Wednesday I managed to get away from work early and have a play again. This time I removed the new SD card leaving just the *GB card which came with it in the MA. I flew and recorded various things but was surprised when I got back and copied the files off the MA that they were just as smeary as the ones on the slow SD card.

So my question is:
Is the 8GB SD card that the MA ships with too slow to record video on it or have I got something wrong with my MA or would it be the settings ? I haven't changed any settings to do with video or still photos yet.

I have ordered a couple of 32 GB Sandisk Extremes which are due to arrive tonight so I will be able to tell but I thought it was odd that the build in SD card didn't record good video.

Cheers

Graham
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The 8gb's are internal storage built into the drone, not an SD card. The footage should look fine imported directly from the drone USB-C port.
SanDisk extreme micro SD cards should work better for you. I use extreme pro.
2018-6-22
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The 8GB internal memory is fast enough to record video.

Is it possible that you were viewing the video cached on your mobile device or viewing the video from a slow computer? If you don't believe that's what caused the issue, then upload one of your clips to YouTube.com and post it back here so we can see what you're describing.
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. The 8 GB internal storage of your aircraft should look the same quality of pictures and videos on your 32 GB SD card. Kindly restore the factory settings of your camera.Please follow the instructions below. Click on "Reply" to make sure I can get notification from your response.

2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-22 03:00
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. The 8 GB internal storage of your aircraft should look the same quality of pictures and videos on your 32 GB SD card. Kindly restore the factory settings of your camera.Please follow the instructions below. Click on "Reply" to make sure I can get notification from your response.

[view_image]

Great illustration.
2018-6-22
Use props
djiuser_qJYiW0dbBJHj
lvl.1

Thanks very much for the replies.
I'll reset the Camera settings and see what happens. I'll also make sure I am on the latest firmware.

The video I was looking at was the one stored on the mavic air and retrieved via the USB cable rather than the low quality one stored on my phone (which didn't look skewed at all as it happens) .

If I still have the problem after resetting then I will post an example vid on You Tube.

Cheers

Graham
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_qJYiW0dbBJHj Posted at 2018-6-22 06:38
I'll reset the Camera settings and see what happens. I'll also make sure I am on the latest firmware.

Hello, You're welcome. Kindly inform us if the problem is still the same. We are happy to help you.
2018-6-22
Use props
djiuser_qJYiW0dbBJHj
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have put the latest firmware everywhere and reset the video settings as mentioned and then made a recording inside my house so no wind ... I still have the same problem.

The video can be seen at

The uploaded video doesn't show the smearing as much as in the raw file. There is a green smear as I turn the mavic around

Any advice gratefully received.

This is recorded using the internal memory

Cheers

Graham
2018-6-23
Use props
djiuser_qJYiW0dbBJHj
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Is there a way of putting the raw video file up ? The interference and smearing is much clearer in it ..
2018-6-23
Use props
djiuser_qJYiW0dbBJHj
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Looking through the forum, my footage is like the first video in thie thread below but mine is worse. It Is definitely recorded with the internal disk and camera reset.
First video in this thread
2018-6-23
Use props
GrahamH
lvl.1

ok, I think I ave worked it out and it is not to do with my Mavic Air or the footage. I was viewing it using an old version of RealVNC which didn't have 4k ability I think. I have updated RealVNC and it is better but still jerky. However, with Windows Media Player it looks perfectly ok.

Is there a list of good supported playback programs or is there a special set of encoding that we need to have in VNC for it to work ?

I am relieved that it isn't my Mavic but a bit annoyed that, just before I found it, I tidied up the footage i took earlier in the week on the assumption it as corrupt ! .. oh well .. its an excuse to take more !

Cheers

Graham
2018-6-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_qJYiW0dbBJHj Posted at 2018-6-22 06:38
I'll reset the Camera settings and see what happens. I'll also make sure I am on the latest firmware.

You're welcome   
2018-6-23
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Integral Memory ones work a treat, use these in my 4K Action cam, Mav Pro and Air.64gb Integral Memory
2018-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules