Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal roll takes a lot to stabilize during drone yaw movement
2849 15 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseddcafbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153343 ft
Italy

When I move the drone using the yaw movement, the gimbal roll is so slow that it takes a lot to stabilize in a perfect horizontal position, as you can see from the video I uploaded. If I wait, the camera reach a a perfect horizontal position, but it takes a lot.

The drone worked really well using older firmwares. I tried every calibration possible, finding a right surface to work, usign different firmwares. I am not able to solve the issue.

Any advise?

Thank you for your replies.

2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for this trouble. Is your aircraft involved in a crash or hard landing prior to this issue? Have you tried adjusting the gimbal roll? If not, you can Tap “Adjust Gimbal Roll” in the DJI GO app to adjust roll of the gimbal. The adjustable range is from -10 degrees to +10 degrees. The acceptable range is from -3 degrees to +3 degrees. Let me know if this resolves the issue.
2018-6-22
Use props
fanseddcafbc
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-22 07:48
Hello. Sorry for this trouble. Is your aircraft involved in a crash or hard landing prior to this issue? Have you tried adjusting the gimbal roll? If not, you can Tap “Adjust Gimbal Roll” in the DJI GO app to adjust roll of the gimbal. The adjustable range is from -10 degrees to +10 degrees. The acceptable range is from -3 degrees to +3 degrees. Let me know if this resolves the issue.

No crash whatsoever. If I adjust the Roll settings via the DJI Go App, it'll be unbalanced again once I move the drone using the yaw movement.
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanseddcafbc Posted at 2018-6-22 08:23
No crash whatsoever. If I adjust the Roll settings via the DJI Go App, but it'll be unbalanced again once I move the drove using the yaw movement.

Thank you for your response. Kindly confirm what flight mode you are using when you fly your drone?  Is it on P-mode, S-mode or A-mode? Also, may you refresh the firmware of your aircraft using DJI Assistant 2 on your computer and re-calibrate it.  Please let me know the result.
2018-6-22
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

First thing to check is that the gimbal mode is Follow and not FPV, eventually try toggle the mode back and forth while flying to see if the behavior changes.
2018-6-22
Use props
ATJ
Captain
Flight distance : 17736 ft

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-22 22:58
First thing to check is that the gimbal mode is Follow and not FPV, eventually try toggle the mode back and forth while flying to see if the behavior changes.

Well I just got in from a test flight and I think I have good news. I have been trying to adjust the Yaw for the last couple weeks using the Gimble Settings to no avail. After watching your video I realized I wasn't the only one that was having trouble adjusting the Yaw. I tried many times with the Adjust Gimbal in Gimbal Settings. Actually I just started using my v2 a few weeks ago. So I went back to basics and:

1) Uninstalled and re Installed DJi 4 Go, the version now is 4.2.21.

2) I did an IMU Calibration noticing that the IMU Cal. was also calibrating the Yaw. So I decided to NOT do a Gimbal Auto Calibration.

3) Last I did a Remote Controller Calibration.

Then took her for a ride, I saw vast difference in the Yaw, virtually staying on the Horizon the whole time. So I did one more adjustment and that was to set the Yaw Movement limit up to about 200 which allowed a nice quick response from the Gimbal.

There is something to be said for uninstalling and reinstalling the software when your having this type of problem. Let me know if this worked for you.
2018-6-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanseddcafbc Posted at 2018-6-22 08:23
No crash whatsoever. If I adjust the Roll settings via the DJI Go App, but it'll be unbalanced again once I move the drove using the yaw movement.

Aloha fansedd,

Go to the General Settings (Upper right corner) and scroll down to Gimbal.  Then go to the Advanced Settings in the Gimbal option.  There is an option at the bottom that may concern your problem, Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow.  If you do not want to just "Reset Settings" (in blue below it) move the slider to the opposite position that it is in and change it back and forth to see if it makes a difference with your problem.

Sure, this image below is for the Mavic, but the app is DJI GO 4 so it is on your app to.  After you see if it makes a difference, there are a couple other settings that will help your camera movements.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!

2018-6-25
Use props
ATJ
Captain

Well just got news of an firmware update, this may solve our gimble issue:

Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ V2.0 Release Notes
Date:        2018.06.26       
Aircraft Firmware:        V01.00.15.00       
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware:        V01.00.15.00       
Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware:        V01.00.01.00       
DJI GO 4 App iOS:        V4.2.20       
DJI GO 4 App Android:        V4.2.20       
What’s New?
• Optimized compass calibration.
• Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight.
2018-6-26
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

ATJ Posted at 2018-6-26 07:22
Well just got news of an firmware update, this may solve our gimble issue:

Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ V2.0 Release Notes

If he flash to that version, he will get way more problems than a fluffy gimbal ...
2018-6-26
Use props
ATJ
Captain

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-26 07:57
If he flash to that version, he will get way more problems than a fluffy gimbal ...

It might get Cetacean in deep doodoo but I'm sure it will help Fanseddcafbc.
2018-6-26
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

ATJ Posted at 2018-6-26 10:28
It might get Cetacean in deep doodoo but I'm sure it will help Fanseddcafbc.

How would it? as far i can see you are the only one in this thread with a v2.0
2018-6-26
Use props
ATJ
Captain

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-26 15:37
How would it? as far i can see you are the only one in this thread with a v2.0

There is no P4Pv2 category? I thought v2 ers were posting in this catagory?

2018-6-27
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

ATJ Posted at 2018-6-27 02:19

They are, it still is a P4P but if you hover over the avatars on the left you'll see that OP has P4P, not a P4P v2.0 like you have.
2018-6-27
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

ATJ Posted at 2018-6-27 02:19

Just to add, it would be recommended that v2.0 users when creating a new thread specify that is what they have when they mention P4P in title and in the first post, just to avoid to much confusion.
2018-6-27
Use props
Edward J Smith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Both my P4P and my P4P+ have this problem. It has runined alot of shots.
2018-6-27
Use props
fanseddcafbc
lvl.4
Italy

Thank you all for your kind replies. I tried the several things you suggested but I wasn't able to improve my situation. To me it's a software issue. Too bad, it was a wonderful drone, it worked really well, now it's ruined and I can't use it anymore. I'll try various firmwares (again) to see if I can improve my situation, but I don't think it'll do any good.

Few months ago I solved all of my issues with a beta firmware, but I don't think I can install it anymore.

I am a little bit disappointed in DJI, too bad the new firmware is for V2.0 only. Maybe it's time, after several years, to start looking for other brands (even if DJI is probably the best one).

Thanks guys.
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules