[WiFi] SSID is no longer visible after initial flight / restart
399 11 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

So i made my 1st flight with MA, i used my mobile (P20 Pro) for it, and after powering off for battery replacment i couldnt connect aircraft again cause it no longer broadcasts Wifi SSID.

The only thing that i found for temporary fix is is to connect Mavic to PC and "re-update" firmware with DJI Assistant.

Please help, thank you in advance.

2018-6-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Are you flying with your mobile device, if yes, why? Or are you flying with your RC (much better!)? If the latter is the case it is normal that the SSID of MA is hidden and you don't need it.
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Def fly with the RC
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you clarify if you're using a remote controller or mobile device only to control the aircraft?
2018-6-22
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-22 03:59
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you clarify if you're using a remote controller or mobile device only to control the aircraft?

Yes, im trying with mobile phone only, i know that RC is better but this "feature" looks like a bug for me.
2018-6-22
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Poland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-22 03:51
Are you flying with your mobile device, if yes, why? Or are you flying with your RC (much better!)? If the latter is the case it is normal that the SSID of MA is hidden and you don't need it.

Mobile only, and why its hidden if theres a feature to use only your phone to fly? I know/belive RC is much better but dissapearing SSID after previously successful flight just bothers me and lokks like a bug.
2018-6-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

PiVoR Posted at 2018-6-22 04:10
Mobile only, and why its hidden if theres a feature to use only your phone to fly? I know/belive RC is much better but dissapearing SSID after previously successful flight just bothers me and lokks like a bug.

You can always reset the WiFi on your MA with the rear button (see user manual or the relating tutorial video for that). But I fail to understand why you don't use your RC...
2018-6-22
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Poland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-22 04:51
You can always reset the WiFi on your MA with the rear button (see user manual or the relating tutorial video for that). But I fail to understand why you don't use your RC...

Lets say i maximize portability, if my phone is enough to fly, im fine with it alone.
2018-6-22
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Poland

So the only way to reconnect your mobile with Aircraft is to reset wifi settings? Thats odd tbh.
2018-6-22
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Hold the rear button untill the craft beeps three times and the SSID wll apear, I have the same issue when trying to connect with just the Phone.

2018-6-22
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Poland

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-6-22 13:41
Hold the rear button untill the craft beeps three times and the SSID wll apear, I have the same issue when trying to connect with just the Phone.

Yeah, it helps, but seriously, having to reset wifi each time you want to use mobile is kinda dumb.
2018-6-22
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

PiVoR Posted at 2018-6-22 13:43
Yeah, it helps, but seriously, having to reset wifi each time you want to use mobile is kinda dumb.

Yeah, I agree, on the other hand, this does work for me every time. So I've come used to this procedure.

Personally, I don't use it much, the remote gives way better control (and speed)
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules