Height Lock
909 4 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans107faea3
lvl.1

Hi guys!

New to the forum. Did a search and couldn't find exactly what I am looking for.  I am flying above a track following horses. I can keep up with them just fine, but I notice I tend to make minor height adjustments accidentally as I am going through the turns with them. Is there a way to actually lock the drone at say, 50 feet, and not be able to go up or down?

Thanks!

Chris
2018-6-22
Use props
Agentbolt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104980 ft
United States

You can't set a floor (think about it, you always want to be able to land your drone in a hurry if an emergency situation arises) but you can set a height celing in the DJI Go app's drone settings area.
2018-6-22
Use props
fans107faea3
lvl.1

Agentbolt Posted at 2018-6-22 10:56
You can't set a floor (think about it, you always want to be able to land your drone in a hurry if an emergency situation arises) but you can set a height celing in the DJI Go app's drone settings area.

That's what I figured. The problem I seem to be having is every 5-10 races I seem to for some reason start out at about 75 feet and end up around 50 after the race. I guess just more and more practice lol!
2018-6-22
Use props
Agentbolt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104980 ft
United States

I had the opposite problem, I kept finding myself yawing left or right as I made the drone climb or descend. It turned out I was just pushing too hard on the sticks, because I was used to crappier drones that you basically need to smash the stick to the edge of its range of movement. Going easier on the sticks fixed the issue.

Also, the Air at least (not sure which Mavic you're using) doesn't adjust its altitude for changes in land elevation, so if the ground is 20 feet higher where the drone is than where it started, it'll be at 50 feet instead of 70.
2018-6-22
Use props
fans107faea3
lvl.1

Agentbolt Posted at 2018-6-22 11:08
I had the opposite problem, I kept finding myself yawing left or right as I made the drone climb or descend. It turned out I was just pushing too hard on the sticks, because I was used to crappier drones that you basically need to smash the stick to the edge of its range of movement. Going easier on the sticks fixed the issue.

Also, the Air at least (not sure which Mavic you're using) doesn't adjust its altitude for changes in land elevation, so if the ground is 20 feet higher where the drone is than where it started, it'll be at 50 feet instead of 70.

Using the Pro. No, the track is level all the way around, so I am just pulling down on the stick slightly as I am going around the turns and panning from right to left.
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules