Nexus 7 compatibility
2221 5 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
prospector56
lvl.1

United States

Is the Nexus ASUS 7 2012 model compatible with the Phantom 3 Standard. If so, which version works? Thanks for any help.
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Upon checking this device Nexus 7 is not part of the tested and recommended device. You may still try to use the device though, but if you encounter any issues or problem then there is a compatibility issue. Please check below the list of tested and recommended devices for your reference.

2018-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It was always the 2013 version that was compatible.
However the app is much heavier nowdays and you need a tablet with 3GB of RAM and a fast processor and graphics to run it properly now.
2018-6-22
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-22 13:33
It was always the 2013 version that was compatible.
However the app is much heavier nowdays and you need a tablet with 3GB of RAM and a fast processor and graphics to run it properly now.

Absolutely true. The N7 2013 used to be on the list. I used to fly with a N7 2013 running 3.1.28 on Lollypop without issues until this year. I then updated my N7 to Marshmallow when things started to go bad. No luck. I then rooted my tablet (to get Google Maps back) and ran some really tough benchmarks and got awesome results yet the newer GO app versions would still bog down and sometimes the app would crash. Later on my N7 would also crash and reboot during a flight. Went back to GO app 3.1.11 last month and now all is good and perfectly stable. I'm still a fan of the iOS versions, I always allow iOS GO app updates on my iPhone 6S Plus and it runs all the newest [OS app versions just fine. Incidentally, I have a 3 year old Lenovo Tab2 A10-70 that also was on the compatibility list and it ran the GO app really well but now it can't keep up with the newer GO app versions versions.  DJI needs to spec a legacy GO app for P3's  instead of suggesting users to buy new display devices every time they release bigger but not better featured app versions.  It has nothing to do with the flight model, it's the new features that make your display device obsolete.
Look at the mess they created for P4 users over a short course of time with a few SW and FW updates.
2018-6-23
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 408606 ft
  • >>>

Try this site, and very useful.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go
2018-6-24
Use props
djiuser_6Uo1XzVzinGJ
lvl.1

United States

I just got a Nexus 7 2nd gen a few days ago for use with my p3s. It works fine. I believe it has to be a 2nd gen to work with the software. Oh, and beware of some of the 'compatibility' lists floating around out there. I tried several Samsung tablets that were supposed to work but did not. Very frustrating. The list on DJI's site is probably the most accurate.
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules