Is DJI GO 4.2.20 good for Spark?
1433 7 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OverTheEdge
lvl.3
United States

Hi,

I just ordered a new Spark (first time DJI customer) with the fly more package.

My first drone was the syma x5c and I am looking to upgrade to take better video shoots for fun. In preparation for the Spark delivery, I ordered the Lenovo Tab 4 8inch inch as my dedicated drone device. I downloaded the latest DJI app for the android. I plan to use the DJI controller plus OTG connection to both operate the drone aand link the tablet

However, I have read several posts (from various forum sites) that there is something wrong with the latest Android app. Can anyone share their experience etc with the DJI GO 4.2.20 app for Android, issues etc.?

2018-6-22
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

At 4.1.15, the OTG still worked, and later had problems. Now they say 4.2.20. there is OTG again, but many complained about app.crash and bugging video feed.

I use 4.1.15 and I'm completely satisfied.
But why do not you try it yourself? It will not cost you money for a while.
It's better to try it yourself because it will help you know what your tablet is right for.
2018-6-22
Use props
Firehawk989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

4.2.12 or 4.2.15 are the newest reliable versions that support OTG. 4.2.18 and 4.2.20 are reportedly experiencing bad video lag and poor range.
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. These are the updates or features that added on DJI Go 4 app version 4.2.20.

1. Improves the GEO Zone database upgrade process for Wi-Fi connected devices such as the Spark and Mavic Air.
2. App now available in Spanish.

If in any case, you have encounter issues with this new version do not hesitate to let us know and we will report it immediately to our Developer Team. Thank you.
2018-6-22
Use props
stefano225spark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329183 ft
United States

A word of advise is to try 4.2.12 first to get used to the Spark , I updated to the newer version and on my third flight things got sketchy (app froze few times forcing to restart it black screen no video and aircraft disconnected) especially moving from a more toy like x5c (nothing wrong I own one myself)  you're going to love your new quad . Plenty videos on Youtube  to show you how to and not to fly your Spark. Enjoy its a fun little drone and very stable GPS mode but make sure to watch plenty videos to get an idea , but I strongly recommend to stay away from the new version until they sort things out. Good luck and keeps us informed.
2018-6-22
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Apart from the above advice, fly in beginner mode and let the SPARK complete minimum 10 to 15 flights in this mode before you start with some advance flight maneouvers.
2018-6-22
Use props
OverTheEdge
lvl.3

Thanks all for the comments and advice. I have the spark and was able to activate and then link the drone to the controller to the wifi tablet in the DJI app. I am now upgrading the firmware. Things are looking good so far.
2018-6-23
Use props
Rubik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1224921 ft
United Kingdom

I understand there are issues with compatibility using the cable with this version. I never use a cable but only that of the WiFi and I haven't had any issues.
2018-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules