ND Filter Installation
321 6 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OldEngineer
lvl.1
United States

Just received my DJI ND filters for new Mavic Air and having difficulty removing front ring on camera so I can install a filter.  I've already used a lot of torque and employed a rubber band to get a good grip.  Am afraid of damaging gimbal.  Have tried both clockwise and counter clockwise torques.  (which is right for removal?)  What to do next?
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know exactly what you mean - it was a nightmare removing the lens cap to put on the ND filters. Turn it counter clockwise with the drone on it's back to remove the cap. I eventually put on a light glove, held the gimbal firmly with the other hand using my thumb and index finger to hold it then twist the cap. It will eventually become lose and once it is off it will be fine putting the ND/cap back on and off. Do take care though.
2018-6-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

The correct direction is counter clockwise. If you didn't manage with the rubber band (which worked for me with some effort), try rubber gloves. Many have reported that this solved the issue for them. There is just an initial resistance of the ring because there is apparently some glue in place. Once you have overcome that it works. Just hold the precious gimbal in a stable position with two fingers.
2018-6-22
Use props
OldEngineer
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-22 12:47
I know exactly what you mean - it was a nightmare removing the lens cap to put on the ND filters. Turn it counter clockwise with the drone on it's back to remove the cap. I eventually put on a light glove, held the gimbal firmly with the other hand using my thumb and index finger to hold it then twist the cap. It will eventually become lose and once it is off it will be fine putting the ND/cap back on and off. Do take care though.
[view_image]

Thanks for your reply.  Finally had to use a small needle nose pliers.   
2018-6-22
Use props
OldEngineer
lvl.1
United States

OldEngineer Posted at 2018-6-22 12:54

Thanks for your help.
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OldEngineer Posted at 2018-6-22 12:54

At least it's sorted!
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Good day. It is great to know that you have already installed the filters on your DJI Mavic Air. Happy flying.
2018-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules