Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Signal loss breakthrough discovery
1128 17 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nywrecker
First Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

As I mentioned in previous posts, I have been experiencing random complete signal loss with my Air. I am convinced that they started after upgrading to 0.400 but cannot prove it.What I can prove is that there is definitely a glitch with DJI either in the app, FW or combination of the two.
As you can see in the screen recording, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK-WERTgdHo when I am in GPS mode, I have full signal. The second I switch to Sport, the signal icon goes red. Back to non sport mode and full signal again. The Air was less than 200 feet away.
I did this several times and it is completely repeatable. In the screen capture you can see this happening 3 times.
The above is only part of my problem. I know in the past I had complete signal loss in non sport mode but I cannnot reproduce that at will.
Hopefully my discovery can help DGI programmers find a solution.

2018-6-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

The second I switch to Sport, the signal icon goes red. Back to non sport mode and full signal again

Your video does show what you said.  

Perhaps it is a break through.  
Sure hope so.  

2018-6-22
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I regret to say what you see in the video is the obstacle avoidance turning on and off when sport mode is cycled.  The signal strength is the symbol just to the right of it and it does not change.
2018-6-22
Use props
nywrecker
First Officer

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-6-22 13:57
I regret to say what you see in the video is the obstacle avoidance turning on and off when sport mode is cycled.  The signal strength is the symbol just to the right of it and it does not change.

You are correct!
Back to the drawing board with my signal loss problem...
2018-6-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-6-22 13:57
I regret to say what you see in the video is the obstacle avoidance turning on and off when sport mode is cycled.  The signal strength is the symbol just to the right of it and it does not change.

Good catch!  

I mistook Symbol for Radio signal.   Woops.
2018-6-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

nywrecker Posted at 2018-6-22 13:58
You are correct!

At least you are trying!  
2018-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So are you saying you mistook this red light for signal loss, so maybe your signal loss was not what you thought it was.
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, be careful using Sport mode as it totally disengages the OA to maximise it's pitch angle to max out the air speed - reaching between 40-45MPH... It won't detect obstacles in this mode and will crash if it comes into contact with anything as it won't brake to avoid anything. All of the app symbols are listed in the MA manual for reference.
2018-6-22
Use props
nywrecker
First Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-22 23:38
So are you saying you mistook this red light for signal loss, so maybe your signal loss was not what you thought it was.

My signal loss is very real!
I get the red warning of signal loss. The video gets pixelated, then blacks out and eventually  RTH is engaged.
2018-6-23
Use props
jerrytko1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280722 ft
United Kingdom

I have noticed same thing. When in sport mode signal interference is almost immediate.
2018-6-23
Use props
Grumpy D
Captain
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

nywrecker Posted at 2018-6-22 13:58
You are correct!

I hate when I do that. I always blame it on the BEER. Hope you get it sorted soon..
2018-6-23
Use props
15matjan
Captain
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

After the last update, I'm experiencing signal loss on open field, at 200m  from the RC...The funny thing is, on the same flight, in the same area and at the same time, I flown the AC up to 1100m (...horizontal distance) with good signal and video feed, but, on the way back, when arrived at 200m...the AC disconnected... On open space...
Hopefully a new firmware will be available soon.
PD: I was flying in normal mode (not sport).
2018-6-23
Use props
nywrecker
First Officer

15matjan Posted at 2018-6-23 12:05
After the last update, I'm experiencing signal loss on open field, at 200m  from the RC...The funny thing is, on the same flight, in the same area and at the same time, I flown the AC up to 1100m (...horizontal distance) with good signal and video feed, but, on the way back, when arrived at 200m...the AC disconnected... On open space...
Hopefully a new firmware will be available soon.
PD: I was flying in normal mode (not sport).

Welcome to the club...
It’s not going to be easy when DJI doesn’t even acknowledge the problem that you me and many other forum members are reporting.
2018-6-23
Use props
15matjan
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

Today I reinstalled DJIGO4app, as well as v400 (the last one via DJI Assistant), made a test flight at 400m horizontal distance and 30 to 80 m vertical distance from the RC. Again in open field, on camp only, no other interferences. Experienced too much video lag and...last, 3 minute, video was not even videocached on the smartphone despite of still having 9+ Gb free space on the smartphone's memory.
Repeatedly, the aircraft is becoming very stubborn when it deals with RH when reaching the battery set threshold. With 26% remaining battery and having it flying at 140m (H) and 27m (V) distance, it's a real pity being unable to use the last few seconds for an extra shoot, because RTH triggers again and again despite of having pressed CANCEL in the pop-up window of the RTH...
Auto RTH is a very good feature and saved my skin several times in flight, but when you choose CANCEL or DISABLE, it should respect my wills and decisions...
There is something which is not going smooth on the latest FW, I know many will criticize my statement, but my nose is backed by many years of flying different DJI aircrafts (and many wars too...).
Time to ground the MA for a while, it seems (cross fingers) P4P is in a better shape now, (as for me, please no more FWs for P4P) and will use it more ...
2018-6-25
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-22 13:31
The second I switch to Sport, the signal icon goes red. Back to non sport mode and full signal again

Your video does show what you said.  

iv done my own research, and iv got a solution for this exact prob. u see i installed an after market antenna(4Hawks Raptor SR) and it worked fine for some time. than i got aweful lag bowth in P-mode and sport mode. turns out ur phone ammits alot of electromacnetism, after i put my phone into airplane mode it started working just fine again, smooth sport mode
2018-6-25
Use props
nywrecker
First Officer

15matjan Posted at 2018-6-25 07:58
Today I reinstalled DJIGO4app, as well as v400 (the last one via DJI Assistant), made a test flight at 400m horizontal distance and 30 to 80 m vertical distance from the RC. Again in open field, on camp only, no other interferences. Experienced too much video lag and...last, 3 minute, video was not even videocached on the smartphone despite of still having 9+ Gb free space on the smartphone's memory.
Repeatedly, the aircraft is becoming very stubborn when it deals with RH when reaching the battery set threshold. With 26% remaining battery and having it flying at 140m (H) and 27m (V) distance, it's a real pity being unable to use the last few seconds for an extra shoot, because RTH triggers again and again despite of having pressed CANCEL in the pop-up window of the RTH...
Auto RTH is a very good feature and saved my skin several times in flight, but when you choose CANCEL or DISABLE, it should respect my wills and decisions...

When my Air loses signal, RTH is auto engaged but I can cancel it with no problems and fly it back myself .
2018-6-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

nywrecker Posted at 2018-6-25 18:09
When my Air loses signal, RTH is auto engaged but I can cancel it with no problems and fly it back myself .

yes.. press the RTH button on the remote once to disengage it or big X on screen.. and handle it yourself
2018-6-25
Use props
15matjan
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

nywrecker Posted at 2018-6-25 18:09

I know how to and disengaged auto RTH for many times for now, but yesterday it simply didn't worked...
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules