1540 24 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I finally received my replacment battery for my DOA battery with my new drone. Only took 3 weeks!!! Glad I went ahead and purchased 2 additional batteries while I waited.

My question is, I do not have a place to store my 3rd battery in the foam case that came with the P4PV2.0, so I was wondering if there was any harm in storing the extra battery in the drone? Either completely inserted or not?
2018-6-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

No harm.  Completely inserted, partially inserted, whatever you want to do.  Make sure there's no foam pressing or potentially pressing against the battery button.  Good luck.  
2018-6-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

When DJI shipped my Phantom 3 Pro from China to Alberta Canada, the battery was fully inserted in the battery bay.

Not a situation for alarm...
Good to ask though.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-22
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for responding. Guess I just want to make sure these little bricks of gold last as long as they can!!!
2018-6-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

All that Love!! Tuck it under your pillow?  ;-)

I numbered my four, and try to rotate them in use as much as possible.
Using a Plasticase Nanuk 945 case here, that can hold seven flight packs in total.

Yes, oh yes, with that extra one fully inserted. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-6-22
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-6-22 15:22
All that Love!! Tuck it under your pillow?  ;-)

I numbered my four, and try to rotate them in use as much as possible.

Yeap, I printed up labels and applied them and use them in order.
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Keep it in a water-free environment and set an auto-discharging time. The battery should be fully charged and discharged once every 3 months to keep it activated.
2018-6-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-22 15:36
Keep it in a water-free environment and set an auto-discharging time. The battery should be fully charged and discharged once every 3 months to keep it activated.

Good advice. Often taken for granted. So these reminders are welcome. Thanks.

Hopefully he will be flying Much more often, than once every thee months though... ha

@DJI Natalia, You too...

RedHotPoker

2018-6-22
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-22 15:36
Keep it in a water-free environment and set an auto-discharging time. The battery should be fully charged and discharged once every 3 months to keep it activated.

For information purposes, how do you define "fully discharged" and how is that achieved?

Is flying the drone until battery is down to 15% not considered a full discharge?
2018-6-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-22 17:46
For information purposes, how do you define "fully discharged" and how is that achieved?

Is flying the drone until battery is down to 15% not considered a full discharge?

Fly the drone until it gets low, then land,  turn off, remove props and turn on again, start up motors and keep it powered on until it auto shuts down, thats whats classed as fully discharged.
2018-6-22
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

Then charge back to 50% for storage? I’ve been using my battery hub’s storage feature after I get back from flying and the battery has had a chance to cool down of course.
2018-6-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

That's a can of worms.  There's at least a dozen different opinions and everybody thinks there's is the correct one.  Best thing is probably to do some searching, read a lot, and then come up with a plan you think is most likely to be correct in regards to the specific battery you use for your specific Phantom.  Good luck.
2018-6-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

When in doubt turn to the manual it actually hold a lot of nice to know knowledge. What you ask is clearly described at the end of page 34.
2018-6-23
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-23 02:47
When in doubt turn to the manual it actually hold a lot of nice to know knowledge.  What you ask is clearly described at the end of page 34.

Ditto what KedDK said. When I was doing this for the first time, he pointed to that page and everything made sense. How I did it was to hover the aircraft until it hit the 10% mark and tried to auto-land. I held the throttle up, keeping it in the air until it gave up the ghost and landed due to lack of power. Still at 3%, I left it powered up for another 10 to 15 minutes and as it indicated 0%, it turned off. I waited about 30 minutes for it to cool and placed it in the charging hub. Charge to 100% and the cycle is complete. Someone, (might have been Mark...) said to fully charge it after draining it to 0%, not to storage level so that's what I did.

Jeff
2018-6-23
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

How to discharge your Intelligent Flight Battery:
Slow : Place the Intelligent Flight Battery into the Phantom 4’s Pro / Pro+ Battery Compartment and turn it on. Leave it on until there is less than 8% of power left, or until the battery can no longer be turned on. Launch the DJI GO 4 app to check battery levels.
Rapid : Fly the Phantom 4 Pro / Pro+ outdoors until there is less than 8% of power left, or until the battery can no longer be turned on.
2018-6-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-23 03:43
How to discharge your Intelligent Flight Battery:
Slow : Place the Intelligent Flight Battery into the Phantom 4’s Pro / Pro+ Battery Compartment and turn it on. Leave it on until there is less than 8% of power left, or until the battery can no longer be turned on. Launch the DJI GO 4 app to check battery levels.
Rapid : Fly the Phantom 4 Pro / Pro+ outdoors until there is less than 8% of power left, or until the battery can no longer be turned on.

Posting the answers does not inspire us to get familiar with the manuals.
Now and then it turns out that someone didn't even know there was one ...

As RedHotPoker noticed, when you buy a Phantom, the battery is already mounted in the drone. It also was like that when i bought my P4P(+) so we must assume, it would be safe to have the third one there. I always have one in the aircraft.
2018-6-23
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-23 02:47
When in doubt turn to the manual it actually hold a lot of nice to know knowledge.  What you ask is clearly described at the end of page 34.

The 'manual' that came with the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 only has about 4-5 pages in English. The rest are foreign languages. Also the print is way too small for my geriatric eyes to see.
2018-6-23
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-6-23 03:13
Ditto what KedDK said. When I was doing this for the first time, he pointed to that page and everything made sense. How I did it was to hover the aircraft until it hit the 10% mark and tried to auto-land. I held the throttle up, keeping it in the air until it gave up the ghost and landed due to lack of power. Still at 3%, I left it powered up for another 10 to 15 minutes and as it indicated 0%, it turned off. I waited about 30 minutes for it to cool and placed it in the charging hub. Charge to 100% and the cycle is complete. Someone, (might have been Mark...) said to fully charge it after draining it to 0%, not to storage level so that's what I did.

Jeff

Thanks for describing the process.
2018-6-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-23 14:06
The 'manual' that came with the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 only has about 4-5 pages in English. The rest are foreign languages. Also the print is way too small for my geriatric eyes to see.

The "manual" that came with the Phantom most likely as for other models was a quick start guide and luckily the section in the end, pointing to the download section is written with a larger font type than most of the rest in that print.
It even has a QR code you could scan with your smartphone assuming you have managed to charge it.
2018-6-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Totally fine to store and travel with the battery in the drone. Make sure it's power level is under 50% for longer storage as you don't want it to discharge in the drone. I also wouldn't leave it in the drone for very long periods without use - such as a month or more.
2018-6-24
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

The 'manual' that came with the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 only has about 4-5 pages in English. The rest are foreign languages. Also the print is way too small for my geriatric eyes to see.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

I downloaded a copy to my laptop, phone, and tablet for future reference after reading my copy I printed out. What comes in the box is merely a quick start guide.
2018-6-24
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-6-24 00:39
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20180508/Phantom_4_Pro_Pro_Plus_Series_User_Manual_EN.pdf

I downloaded a copy to my laptop, phone, and tablet for future reference after reading my copy I printed out. What comes in the box is merely a quick start guide.

Ah, thanks! Did not know there was a full manual online.
2018-6-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The 'manual' that came with the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 only has about 4-5 pages in English. The rest are foreign languages. Also the print is way too small for my geriatric eyes to see.

All printed manuals are also available in PDF format.  

Pinch squeeze it to read it...a no excuse reply. haha

RedHotPoker
2018-6-25
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-6-25 09:02
All printed manuals are also available in PDF format.  

Pinch squeeze it to read it...a no excuse reply. haha

I can read the PDF manual no problem--I have a 32" monitor. But the printed one, fogettaboutit!
2018-6-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-26 12:05
I can read the PDF manual no problem--I have a 32" monitor. But the printed one, fogettaboutit!

I know, without glasses, I’m not reading anything. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2018-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules